Deserving of Re-election ??

Guest Angry Taxpayer

Guest Angry Taxpayer
i heard they changed there name-is this true

Does anyone have ANY REASONS why the voters should vote to keep this

mayor or any of the council people up for re-election in office ??

Or, does anyone feel like me, that we should throw them out.

Guest HELL NO
Does anyone have ANY REASONS why the voters  should vote to keep this

mayor or any of the council people up for re-election in office ?? 

Or, does anyone feel like me, that we should throw them out.

There is absolutely NO reason. Toss the bean bags!! it is time for a new!

Guest For the people by the people

This mayor and council are supposed to work for us. If they worked for me, they would be unemployeed.

Guest Guest
There is absolutely NO reason. Toss the bean bags!! it is time for a new!

I think it time for some new blood, But it is going to be damn hard to find someone who really cares about the life long residents of this town, once they get in they will do the same crap....All Politicians are LIARS AND SNEAKS....

Guest 2smart4u
This mayor and council are supposed to work for us.  If they worked for me, they would be unemployeed.

Reasons to toss them out with the garbage :

1. They borrowed $40,000,000 without a referendum to ask voter approval.

2. Council meetings CLOSED to residents who want to discuss a town - related issue (not on the agenda ).

3. Sold off the stadium long before a replacement is ready.

4. Town debt must be well over $100,000,000 (can't get an accurate number from town hall). Does anyone remember a referendum on any of that ??

5. Town is short of classroom space now, so what do they do ?? Decide to build 7,000 new housing units. The 500 classroom spaces added with a new high school will not cover the thousands of new students that will come out of all these new homes. Can you say more trailers ??

8. With all this new housing will come more traffic, more parking problems, a need for more police and firefighters, more public works employees.

9. The new stadium will hold 20,000. The new parking garage will hold 1,500. Do the math. Even with 4 per car, the parking garage will hold 6,000 people. If there's a sell-out event, 14,000 people will be parking on the streets. (Granted, some will come by PATH and some will walk). I see a lot of angry ticket holders who can't get into the stadium parking in front of hydrants, driveways, and double-parking.

10. With the higher debt service payments and more public employees don't expect your taxes to go down.

11. And here's one for future consideration : with all these new students flooding the town, there will be a critical need for another grammar school. The State School Construction Corp. is bankrupt so there won't be any help there. Can you imagine trying to build a new grammar school with a teacher parking lot when every sub-standard lot in town already has a three-family house on it ?? Can you say higher school taxes ??

• 2 months later...

Archived