DPW workers

Guest Guest

As policy, And for good reason, Safety Vests are to be worn.

This rule is followed by some, And others do not wear the vests.

Why? Lazyness and not wearing them in spite of the fact, it is a safety rule.

One person is a disabled town worker who drives a black ford truck.

This guy never wears his, If he sees a car headed his way he could not

move out of the way fast enought.

No wonder why there is so many law suits with town employees.

And some of them, There uniforms are a disgrace, The homeless on Kearny

Ave look better, And they get $375.00 a year for clothes.

Man this guy really gets to you. you should do as much work as he does vest or no vest. Your a clown, so shut up and pick up your pay check for doing nothing.

Guest Kearny Person

The Kearny DPW has many problems,

Kearny hires people who will hurt the town and taxpayer.

The vest is one issue going on there, The money for clothes

goes to the taverns and the track, That is why there clothes

are worn and discolored. The DPW people should follow the

rules after all how many people make $60,000 a year,

To perform very little work?

And the crippled worker who stole another guys job,

Get rid of him! Another waste.

u know the old saying ? if u dont like it mooooooove? if u have a bettter and cheaper way of doing please post it on here for everyone to see

PS : if your so worried about lawsuits y dont u go out and tell them yourslef to put there vests on your pu**** , so much easier to talk behined a computer then be out there in the conditons these guys are

u know the old saying ? if u dont like it mooooooove?  if u have a bettter and cheaper way of doing please post it on here for everyone to see

PS : if your so worried about lawsuits y dont u go out and tell them yourslef to put there vests on your pu**** , so much easier to talk behined a computer then be out there in the conditons these guys are

The solution is simple, fire everyone and hire new people at less money and benefits. But you wouldn't like that would you? :o

The solution is simple, fire everyone and hire new people at less money and benefits.  But you wouldn't like that would you? :lol:

the only thing i would like is to hear people stop bitching & moaning about stupid things such as your posts

u know the old saying ? if u dont like it mooooooove?  if u have a bettter and cheaper way of doing please post it on here for everyone to see

NO, it shouldn't be "if you don't like it move".

IT SHOULD BE IF YOU DON'T DO YOUR JOB YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::P

Forgett the vests, they may not show up for work agian ( Feeling run down ) save us all some money

:lol: The only way I can see this situattion rectified is to:

#!. have each employee of the town, that works on the street

issued a saftey vest, and have them sign for it

#2. It must be mandatory that this vest is worn at work ALL DAY

while performing their job.

#3. If the employee does not have his vest on , then he should be

docked for the time at that specific job.

#4. Second offense, send him home for the rest of the day! NO PAY

#5 If it occurs again send him home for three days NO PAY

Lets see how long it will take, till it sinks in his brain, he MUST wear the vest.

This not only protects the employee, but also the town

Real nice job kearny, hire the ex-head of Teaneck dpw who was fired for sexual harassment against another man. Take 10 % of my taxes and put it toward the settlement to pay the dpw worker who sues because he was harrassed by Gerry Kerr. Excellent work mayor.

I was told his last employer got rid of him for the lawsuit. I heard sexual harassment. They the town was suited for over $300,000.00. Are we next? Is this guy Kerr worth it? After the snow job he did!

I was told his last employer got rid of him for the lawsuit. I heard sexual harassment.  They the town was suited for over $300,000.00. Are we next?  Is this guy Kerr worth it? After the snow job he did!

Yep just another deadbeat on the payroll lucky aren't we, beam me up Scotty

Guest Guest
Real nice job kearny, hire the ex-head of Teaneck dpw who was fired for sexual harassment against another man. Take 10 % of my taxes and put it toward the settlement to pay the dpw worker who sues because he was harrassed by Gerry Kerr. Excellent work mayor.

Blame Santos, Doyle, And D'Arco.

Guest Guest
:lol: The only way I can see this situattion rectified is to:

#!. have each employee of the town, that works on the street

issued a saftey vest, and have them sign for it

#2. It must be mandatory that this vest is worn at work ALL DAY

while performing their job.

#3. If the employee does not have his vest on , then he should be

docked for the time at that specific job.

#4. Second offense, send him home for the rest of the day! NO PAY

#5 If it occurs again send him home for three days NO PAY

Lets see how long it will take, till it sinks in his brain, he MUST wear the vest.

This not only protects the employee, but also the town

I hope Judus gets the message.

Guest Guest
I hope Judus gets the message.

Sounds like the inmates are running the asylum. If an employee refuses to adhere to policy. Start documenting follow the rules of the contract, I mean every rule start writing everyone up start with the safety issues the town has, like law suits. Before the start of the every work day have a safety meeting 5 or 10 minutes reinforce show people you mean business safety should be a culture and an important part of a workers continued employment. In industry the way its said throw enough crap against and something will stick and start the termination process if rules aren't followed. Be sure employees know the consequences for going outside policy and he understands the towns position. One thing is missing in this strong leadership in order to lead you first have to do something yourself the Department needs to make sure creating a supervisory role isn't a ticket to sit on your backside every supervisor needs to be with the people that work with him the responsibility is his to make sure every safety policy is followed. Any and all accidents should be investigated documented and reduced to the core reasons as to why it happened and that every safety rule was followed including where the supervisor was. If a supervisor is ask right after an occurrence what happened and he says I don't know wouldn't some bells and whistles go off, bottom line leadership starts at Town Hall and the Administrators office that's why little Joey D has to go. The Department & the the town government as a whole needs lower the occurrence rate of injury on the job. The town employees deserve no less than to be able to go home daily without injury.

Guest Concerned

First hand, you have only four supervisors in the DPW and you have twenty some odd workers, it it vertually impossible to be in so many places at one time. It is also difficult to use your authority, when the employee runs to the union rep everytime he is told to do something that they don't want to do! that is one of the problems that they deal with, another thing is that a supervisors job is one, to look at all the job sites where they have received complaints and then schedule the work, while he is out he checks on the many different crews working, just remember that you have four departmernts street, shade tree, recreation and buildings and maintainence so there is alot of ground to cover. Then, there are other tasks such as paper work , to assign the work load to the right crew let's see then there are the little things that come up unexpectedly like a tree falls, a car accident(street needs to be blocked off) or some other emergency job so yes sometimes they do sit around THEY EAT LUNCH think about this and then tell me it's all the supervisors fault.

Guest Guest
First hand, you have only four supervisors in the DPW and you have twenty some odd workers, it it vertually impossible to be in so many places at one time. It is also difficult to use your authority, when the employee runs to the union rep everytime he is told to do something that they don't want to do! that is one of the problems that they deal with, another thing is that a supervisors job is one, to look at all the job sites where they have received complaints and then schedule the work, while he is out he checks on the many different crews working, just remember that you have four departmernts street, shade tree, recreation and buildings and maintainence so there is alot of ground to cover. Then, there are other tasks such as paper work , to assign the work load to the right crew let's see then there are the little things that come up unexpectedly like a tree falls, a car accident(street needs to be blocked off) or some other emergency job so yes sometimes they do sit around THEY EAT LUNCH think about this and then tell me it's all the supervisors fault.

Your commentary has been the best argument to date for privatization. Lets face fact with one supervisor to every five workers and the supervisor can't determine what the people in his charge are doing then there is no hope the town sets the policy not the Union or Its Representatives. When it comes to safety issues let them run to anybody they like they MUST follow the rules Folks this is why Joe D has to go he has people working in supervisory positions with out the proper training to lead or interpret a union contract

Guest Enraged

After reading both the above quotes, I know each of the individual supervisors. The situation at hand is like beating a dead horse, in this town any many more like it the employees hold the upper hand making sure that the only thing the supervisors get credit for is the them not doing what they are assigned to do, or not completing the task. The supervisors take the heat for the workers no matter how much they keep on their backs. Then the workers claim foul and it ends in dispute. My definition of a supervisor is if you put me in charge of this department, then let me run it the right way and if my workers don't want to do the work, then there is the time clock PUNCH OUT.and not have to worry that I will get retribution from the union. It's like giving me a horse to ride, but you hold the reins. Hiring a contractor will not ease the problems, and it is not cost effective. The solution, not easy, but if a man has the experience to supervise then he should be allowed to do so without reservation.

Guest Guest
After reading both the above quotes, I know each of the individual supervisors. The situation at hand is like beating a dead horse, in this town any many more like it the employees hold the upper hand making sure that the only thing the supervisors get credit for is the them not doing what they are assigned to do, or not completing the task. The supervisors take the heat for the workers no matter how much they keep on their backs. Then the workers claim foul and it ends in dispute. My definition of a supervisor is if you put me in charge of this department, then let me run it the right way and if my workers don't want to do the work, then there is the time clock PUNCH OUT.and not have to worry that I will get retribution from the union. It's like giving me a horse to ride, but you hold the reins. Hiring a contractor will not ease the problems, and  it is not cost effective. The solution, not easy, but if a man has the experience to supervise then he should be allowed to do so without reservation.

You are right, It is the savages of employees that are destroying the dpw.

Guest Guest
You are right, It is the savages of employees that are destroying the dpw.

How clever you are. You must be a dpw employee as well. But your all to blame for what goes on in the dpw, all of you. What about that individual from north Jersey who's always late. What's been done with this person? Hey D'Arco put on your vest and bust that north jerseian for being late.

Guest Enraged
<_< Wrong!, I am not an employee of the town, if I were, I would be at my job working to the best of my ability, so people like you and others could see that as I have said before "If you have one bad potato does it mean the whole bag is rotten?)You know, I always give credit where it's due but I also can complain with the best of the best when I see wrongdoing. Does the town throw away money? YES, it cetainly does,can this be fixed? sure, hire someone who lives in this town, who pays taxes and has a head for business. People seem to run things differently when they know as the end result that they will benefit and that they are paying for it. Not, that the town finances are in the hands of someone who does not have to live here and pay higher taxes. I do not blame the DPW or any one of the departments for what's going on, it all starts at town hall and their word is gospel, these employees are only doing what they are ordered to do, the way the town want's it done. So what Im saying is that if your boss tell's you to do something, you do it RIGHT?

Guest Guest

how come this one guy who lives in the gardens, gets to bring the town truck home every night. He works for kearny.It's a town vehicle. His name is *****

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Archived