Litter

Guest Townsman

Guest Townsman

Has anyone ever noticed the garbage on the streets? Have you ever been behind a vehicle whose occupants throw out the window, cigarette boxes, tissues, cans, (sometimes bottles), fast food bags, etc, etc.? We have a No LITTER ordinance, so why don't our POLICE enforce this? I mean no disrespect for our police, maybe they are not instructed to enforce this by their superiors. But it should be, for the better of the Town! Even pedestrians just drop their garbage on the sidewalks. I don't care what their house or apartment must look like, but I do care about what it makes the Town look like! This would be a win-win. Think about it, at a time when the Town could use revenues, (be it so small), it would bring in money and actually might stop someone from doing it again. What do you think? Should we try to deter litter or should we continue to live with a mess?

we could not agree with you more.we live in harrison and these streets are a disgrace whateever these people have they throw in the street,or the sidewalk never would they use a garbage can.then we have the pigs who like to use the sidewalks for a bathroom anytime of day they all should be fined for litter,and urinating in public and use the can garbage cans.

Has anyone ever noticed the garbage on the streets? Have you ever been behind a vehicle whose occupants throw out the window, cigarette boxes, tissues, cans, (sometimes bottles), fast food bags, etc, etc.?  We have a No LITTER ordinance, so why don't our POLICE enforce this? I mean no disrespect for our police, maybe they are not instructed to enforce this by their superiors. But it should be, for the better of the Town!  Even pedestrians just drop their garbage on the sidewalks.  I don't care what their house or apartment must look like, but I do care about what it makes the Town look like! This would be a win-win. Think about it, at a time when the Town could use revenues, (be it so small), it would bring in money and actually might stop someone from doing it again. What do you think? Should we try to deter litter or should we continue to live with a mess?

I totally agree with you! I happen to live across the street from the high school. I HAVE TO sweep everday to keep up with the litter. I see kids come back from lunch and just throw bags, bottles, wrappers whereever they are standing. I had friends visit me from another country and they could not believe the amount of garbage that gets thrown around outside. They joked about the plastic bags that get stuck in tree branches, wondering if Kearny trees grew plastic "flowers"! They also wanted to run out and buy stock in Clinton Ice Tea, seeing how many containers littered the sidewalks and curbs. I know it's not just by the high school, the whole town looks run down!

we could not agree more we live across from where they are building the new high school in harrison and we have people dropping all kinds of plaster,cement and wood out of there trucks from where they are working during the day and then we have the have the people working on the school construction using these streets for a bathroom and and they drop all there garbage in the streets.when until we get mice and everything else from all this garbage. the police are aware and nothing is ever done about.it is disgusting. clean up the streets in harrison and kearny.

Guest bigjohn
we could not agree more we live across from where they are building the new high school in harrison and we have people dropping all kinds of plaster,cement and wood out of there trucks from where they are working during the day and then we have the have the people working on the school construction using these streets for a bathroom and and they drop all there garbage in the streets.when until we get mice and everything else from all this garbage. the police are aware and nothing is ever done about.it is disgusting. clean up the streets in harrison and kearny.

Lets all get together and clean up the world. :o

• 3 weeks later...

Archived