REPLACE JIM CIFFELLI WITH INNOVATIVE

Guest KHS GIRLS TRACK WATCH

Jim Ciffelli is an old retired principal from the kearny public school system who used his political family to secure another 9,100.00 coaching job. His sister and family members are Laura-Ciffelli-Pettigrew (Town councilwoman),Barbara Sherry Ciffelli (Town Councilwoman),Albert Ciffelli(Hudson County Freeholder). It is wrong to keep him on as a coach because there are other, more suitable and innovative coaches within the district , who also work as teachers.It is also extremely unfair for the KHS girls to have an old retired school principal as a coach just because he and his family are political entities in this town.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jim Ciffelli is an old retired principal from the kearny public school system who used his political family to secure another 9,100.00 coaching job. His sister and family members are Laura-Ciffelli-Pettigrew (Town councilwoman),Barbara Sherry Ciffelli (Town Councilwoman),Albert Ciffelli(Hudson County Freeholder). It is wrong to keep him on as a coach because there are other, more suitable and innovative coaches within the district , who also work as teachers.It is also extremely unfair for the KHS girls to have an old retired school principal as a coach just because he and his family are political entities in this town.

If your going to attack someone, you could at least get the name right! It is Cifelli. By the way, the Councilwomans name is Cifelli - Sherry. I also do not believe the coach has his job because of his "political entities in this town". Before posting did you even bother to check out his qualifications? Probably not, since you didn't bother to check out the proper spelling of his name. How come you don't post using your proper name. I think if your on here attacking someones family by name you should have the balls to post yours. I guess you don't have anything to hide....or do you? The coach does a great job with KHS girls track.

If your going to attack someone, you could at least get the name right! It is Cifelli. By the way, the Councilwomans name is Cifelli - Sherry. I also do not believe the coach has his job because of his "political entities in this town". Before posting did you even bother to check out his qualifications? Probably not, since you didn't bother to check out the proper spelling of his name. How come you don't post using your proper name. I think if your on here attacking someones family by name you should have the balls to post yours. I guess you don't have anything to hide....or do you? The coach does a great job with KHS girls track.

Another ass who wants to know peoples names. Read what I wrote to Joe Weber about ripping someone here who don't post their name.

By the way you are the pot calling the kettle black. I don't see your name!!!

Guest Coach Cifelli's sister

Yeah, fire that bumb before he gets another kid into college on a scholarship!

Guest spell checker fossil
If your going to attack someone, you could at least get the name right! It is Cifelli. By the way, the Councilwomans name is Cifelli  coach- Sherry. I also do not believe the coach has his job because of his "political entities in this town". Before posting did you even bother to check out his qualifications? Probably not, since you didn't bother to check out the proper spelling of his name. How come you don't post using your proper name. I think if your on here attacking someones family by name you should have the balls to post yours. I guess you don't have anything to hide....or do you? The coach does a great job with KHS girls track.

The extra "F" in Ciffelli was symbolic For coach" Fossil".

Guest Jim Cifelli

This is the first and last posting I will make here. It is only to shed some light on some of the inaccuracies posted here annonymously.

First I would like to put a twist on a quote from my favorite statesman Sir Winston Churchill in describing the anonymous poster, "You are a coward in coward's clothing." Put your name on the posting and participate in an open and honest debate.

Perhaps you should get your facts straight before you post what you claim are the facts. The salary is not what you quote, it is lower. My family was not part of my resume or references. My references include my friends in coaching-Brooks Johnson-Head Coach United States Olympic Team, Frank Gagliano-Head Coach Georgetown University, presently head coach of Nike's National Team in California, Larry Ellis-Head Coach United States Olympic Team, President United States Track and Field among others. I don't need my family's help. Incidently you could at least spell the name correctly-Cifelli.

I'm not only "an old retired principal", but was the head coach of the boy's and girl's program for nearly 20 years in the past. During this time the athletes I was fortunate enough to coach won State, Sectional, County and Conference titles. Many individuals and relays were national ranked, including a national record team. More importantly my athletes learned that through hard work they could accomplish anything just like the young man who graduated 36th from Kearny HS but received his PHD from the University of Alabama. Incidently the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) paid for it.

To address your charges more specifically:

1. Since I only took the present coaching positions to help train a new staff I would be more than happy for you to give me the names of some young teachers who have knowledge of the sport so as to groom them to take over my position.

2. I hired 3 new coaches, which is the entire staff, so that they could dedicate themselves to the sport for the next 40 years as I have. In fact I will not be the head coach of the track and field team this coming outdoor season. As planned over a year ago one of the younger people will be stepping into this role.

3. Since your only criteria is age I guess that you will be calling for the resignation of many of the other coaches at Kearny High School since they are either my age or older.

4. Regarding your concerns of inovation I should point out that the boy's and girl's cross country teams have both won championships since my return that they hadn't won in almost 10 years, the number of individual champions has more than doubled in the past 2 years and athletes are once again receiving athletic scholarships.

Perhaps if you had enough courage to put your name on the posting and got your facts straight there could be a open and honest debate. Since you decline to do so and have instead decided to attack my family I can only assume that you are ignorant, a coward, have an ulterior motive or all of the above.

There is not need to answer this as I will not look at this site again to avoid engaging in a repartee with someone as ignorant as you

Guest The Reverend James Cifelli
This is the first and last posting I will make here.  It is only to shed some light on some of the inaccuracies posted here annonymously.

First I would like to put a twist on a quote from my favorite statesman Sir Winston Churchill in describing the anonymous poster, "You are a coward in coward's clothing."  Put your name on the posting and participate in an open and honest debate. 

Perhaps you should get your facts straight before you post what you claim are the facts.  The salary is not what you quote, it is lower.  My family was not part of my resume or references.  My references include my friends in coaching-Brooks Johnson-Head Coach United States Olympic Team, Frank Gagliano-Head Coach Georgetown University, presently head coach of Nike's National Team in California, Larry Ellis-Head Coach United States Olympic Team, President United States Track and Field among others.  I don't need my family's help.  Incidently you could at least spell the name correctly-Cifelli.

I'm not only "an old retired principal", but was the head coach of the boy's and girl's program for nearly 20 years in the past.  During this time the athletes I was fortunate enough to coach won State, Sectional, County and Conference titles.  Many individuals and relays were national ranked, including a national record team.  More importantly my athletes learned that through hard work they could accomplish anything just like the young man who graduated 36th from Kearny HS but received his PHD from the University of Alabama.  Incidently the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) paid for it.

1. Since I only took the present coaching positions to help train a new staff I would be more than happy for you to give me the names of some young teachers who have knowledge of the sport so as to groom them to take over my position.

2. I hired 3 new coaches, which is the entire staff, so that they could dedicate themselves to the sport for the next 40 years as I have.  In fact I will not be the head coach of the track and field team this coming outdoor season.  As planned over a year ago one of the younger people will be stepping into this role.

3. Since your only criteria is age I guess that you will be calling for the resignation of many of the other coaches at Kearny High School since they are either my age or older.

4. Regarding your concerns of inovation I should point out that the boy's and girl's cross country teams have both won championships since my return that they hadn't won in almost 10 years, the number of individual champions has more than doubled in the past 2 years and athletes are once again receiving athletic scholarships.

Perhaps if you had enough courage to put your name on the posting and got your facts straight there could be a open and honest debate.  Since you decline to do so and have instead decided to attack my family I can only assume that you are ignorant, a coward, have an ulterior motive or all of the above.

There is not need to answer this as I will not look at this site again to avoid engaging in a repartee with someone as ignorant as you

Jim, why are you wasting your time responding to this idiot?????? You are a class act guy who has a lifetime dedication and "track" record to KHS atheletes and students. My hat goes off to you and your integrity!!!!!!!!!

*** You would think after working with you for 2 years at Washington School,

he would at least know how to spell your name.

Guest JIM CIFELLI- A LEGEND IN HIS OWN
This is the first and last posting I will make here.  It is only to shed some light on some of the inaccuracies posted here annonymously.

First I would like to put a twist on a quote from my favorite statesman Sir Winston Churchill in describing the anonymous poster, "You are a coward in coward's clothing."  Put your name on the posting and participate in an open and honest debate. 

Perhaps you should get your facts straight before you post what you claim are the facts.  The salary is not what you quote, it is lower.  My family was not part of my resume or references.  My references include my friends in coaching-Brooks Johnson-Head Coach United States Olympic Team, Frank Gagliano-Head Coach Georgetown University, presently head coach of Nike's National Team in California, Larry Ellis-Head Coach United States Olympic Team, President United States Track and Field among others.  I don't need my family's help.  Incidently you could at least spell the name correctly-Cifelli.

I'm not only "an old retired principal", but was the head coach of the boy's and girl's program for nearly 20 years in the past.  During this time the athletes I was fortunate enough to coach won State, Sectional, County and Conference titles.  Many individuals and relays were national ranked, including a national record team.  More importantly my athletes learned that through hard work they could accomplish anything just like the young man who graduated 36th from Kearny HS but received his PHD from the University of Alabama.  Incidently the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) paid for it.

2. I hired 3 new coaches, which is the entire staff, so that they could dedicate themselves to the sport for the next 40 years as I have.  In fact I will not be the head coach of the track and field team this coming outdoor season.  As planned over a year ago one of the younger people will be stepping into this role.

Perhaps if you had enough courage to put your name on the posting and got your facts straight there could be a open and honest debate.  Since you decline to do so and have instead decided to attack my family I can only assume that you are ignorant, a coward, have an ulterior motive or all of the above.

WOW! You're a legend in your own mind, aren't you? Shall we all bow at your greatness and the simultaneously ****!

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

*** You would think after working with you for 2 years at Washington School,

he would at least know how to spell your name.

Why would you think that? We are talking about bert diaz here. Not necessarily considered the sharpest knife in the drawer. Oops. Another weapon reference.

Why are there always weapon references when bert is involved?

WOW! You're a legend in your own mind, aren't you? Shall we all bow at your greatness and the simultaneously ****!

Please Bert, how about something original from you? Or are you not bright enough to come up with your own?

He is a legend in many people's minds. How many Halls of Fame is it - four and counting?

Jim, you have the right idea. No need to respond further to the ignorant.

JW

Another ass who wants to know peoples names. Read what I wrote to Joe Weber about ripping someone here who don't post their name.

By the way you are the pot calling the kettle black. I don't see your name!!!

I'm not on here attacking someone by name. But I'll let everyone know yours.........A$$WIPE.

Guest Runner's Mom

Well said, Coach. Not only has Jim Cifelli turned the track program around and been able to get scholarships for kids who probably wouldn't be able to go to college, he is a positive role model and just a nice guy. Bert Diaz could learn about dignity,respect and dedication from Jim Cifelli.

Guest Name Dropper

You're both wrong. Her name is Barbara Sherry not Cifelli-Sherry and it's Laura Pettigrew, not Laura Cifelli-Pettigrew. The Cifelli and hyphen were added as a draw for politcal recognition.

You're both wrong. Her name is Barbara Sherry not Cifelli-Sherry and it's Laura Pettigrew, not Laura Cifelli-Pettigrew. The Cifelli and hyphen were added as a draw for politcal recognition.

So now you get to tell them what their names are? I thought it was their right to hyphenate or not?

In that case, I dub thee "Name Ignornant-Little-Sh!t-Dropper".

Guest Fair Maiden

Is the name politically recognizable? Then I guess it worked for them.

Guest Yet Another Cifelli

You are wrong on both counts. As a family member I can tell you that Barbara used both her maiden and married name for about 10 years before running for office and Laura has used the hyphenated version since her marriage to Jack. You're right about one thing. The name does have political recognition. That's a good thing.

Guest Washington School Teacher
You are wrong on both counts.  As a family member I can tell you that Barbara used both her maiden and married name for about 10 years before running for office and Laura has used the hyphenated version since her marriage to Jack.  You're right about one thing.  The name does have political recognition.  That's a good thing.

That recognition is the only thingamagig that gave Jim Cifelli the Principalship at Washington School and then in his three years as Principal he took the school down to a failing status. Diaz cleaned up the mess your relative, Jim Cifelli made, by raising the test scores 33% in only two years. Those are undisputable facts that are recorded in the New Jersey Department of Education and in the Kearny Board of Education. I am a teacher at Washington School and we all know the truth. We also know how teachers were told not to apply for the coaching position because that great pretentious relative of yours, Jim Cifelli wanted the job. I sincerely hope Diaz runs for the Kearny Board of Education, gets in and removes your pompous ass, recognizable named relative, Jim Cifelli. GO DIAZ GO!!! YOU HAVE OUR VOTE!!!

That recognition is the only thingamagig that gave Jim Cifelli the Principalship at Washington School and then in his three years as Principal he took the school down to a failing status. Diaz cleaned up the mess your relative, Jim Cifelli made, by raising the test scores 33% in only two years. Those are undisputable facts that are recorded in the New Jersey Department of Education and in the Kearny Board of Education. I am a teacher at Washington School and  we all know the truth. We also know how teachers were told not to apply for the coaching position because that great pretentious relative of yours, Jim Cifelli wanted the job. I sincerely hope Diaz runs for the Kearny Board of Education, gets in and removes your pompous ass, recognizable named relative, Jim Cifelli. GO DIAZ GO!!! YOU HAVE OUR VOTE!!!

So you do not want what is best for the student-athletes on the team? i.e. a successful, proven, Hall of Fame coach who works his tail off trying to get driven kids into good colleges? You are not exactly the quality I look for in a teacher.

Jim is THE RIGHT PERSON for this job at this time. As he explained, his return to coaching was always intended to be a short-term boost to help move the program back towards its glory years, while at the same time mentoring and grooming the current staff members to hopefully lead the program to bigger and better things for a long time.

It is unfortunate what happened to this program recently and things have really turned around quickly. Just look at the numbers, talk to the kids and ask them their feelings about their coach. You won't...because you won't like the answer you get.

Look beyond your personal vendettas and think about the kids. Apparently that is a problem for someone who professes to be a teacher of our youth. Do you teach your students to hold grudges too?

Name one person in the district that could be doing a better job with the program and provide their credentials. In my opinion, none of the recent assistant coaches were qualified to take the head coaching position, because they were not properly mentored to assume the duties. Other interested people, not previously on the staff, had ZERO track & field coaching experience and were just looking for the paycheck.

JW

That recognition is the only thingamagig that gave Jim Cifelli the Principalship at Washington School and then in his three years as Principal he took the school down to a failing status. Diaz cleaned up the mess your relative, Jim Cifelli made, by raising the test scores 33% in only two years. Those are undisputable facts that are recorded in the New Jersey Department of Education and in the Kearny Board of Education. I am a teacher at Washington School and  we all know the truth. We also know how teachers were told not to apply for the coaching position because that great pretentious relative of yours, Jim Cifelli wanted the job. I sincerely hope Diaz runs for the Kearny Board of Education, gets in and removes your pompous ass, recognizable named relative, Jim Cifelli. GO DIAZ GO!!! YOU HAVE OUR VOTE!!!

How about it Mr. Diaz, it true that Jim Cifelli lowered the status of Washington School during his run as Principal? You were his VP at the time, you ought to know. Is it also true that teachers were intimidated to refrain from applying for the track coaching position,in order to allow Cifelli to step in unopposed? Are you in fact in favor of removing Cifelli from the coaching position,if you succeed in obtaining a seat on the board of ed? Furthermore, why are you so quiet on this issue when the implications have been that you are using multiple names on KOTW to slander Jim Cifelli?And finally, are you fearful of the "Great Cifelli Political Machine" in Hudson County and have decided to keep quiet on this matter?

Your a teacher!!! Thank God my kids don't go to Washington School. What did you use to ** ***** with Diaz? Your sure seem brain dead to me!!!!

So you do not want what is best for the student-athletes on the team? i.e. a successful, proven, Hall of Fame coach who works his tail off trying to get driven kids into good colleges?  You are not exactly the quality I look for in a teacher.

Jim is THE RIGHT PERSON for this job at this time.  As he explained, his return to coaching was always intended to be a short-term boost to help move the program back towards its glory years, while at the same time mentoring and grooming the current staff members to hopefully lead the program to bigger and better things for a long time.

It is unfortunate what happened to this program recently and things have really turned around quickly.  Just look at the numbers, talk to the kids and ask them their feelings about their coach.  You won't...because you won't like the answer you get.

Look beyond your personal vendettas and think about the kids.  Apparently that is a problem for someone who professes to be a teacher of our youth.  Do you teach your students to hold grudges too?

Name one person in the district that could be doing a better job with the program and provide their credentials.  In my opinion, none of the recent assistant coaches were qualified to take the head coaching position, because they were not properly mentored to assume the duties.  Other interested people, not previously on the staff, had ZERO track & field coaching experience and were just looking for the paycheck.

JW

No one is more qualified or has been properly mentored to assume the duties!?!?!Are they running around a track or launching a moon shot?!?!?!?

Archived