candidate for mayor

Guest Guest

What's McDonough's credentials.

Let's See. Councilman Twentyfive years. Did nothing.

Plumber who is a millionaire.... Hummmmm

Does not pay taxes in Town ..

How about the councilman.

Pettigrew, Villalta, Kelly were all unemployed ....

Rodgers , Dolaghan, McDonough landed themselves big paying jobs.

Where is the FBI when you need them? Are they too comfortable in their offices overlooking Harrison. It is time for action before it's too late. Compared to what these guys are doing, Janiszewski did nothing.

Mr. Michael Hinchcliffe, the lack of experience is an honest point, but look to help join a team. I think you and Milan can be great. Call him 973 485-0761

What I like is someone with no ties to this political disaster. Corruption is running rampant, and nobody cares.. I'm not voting with party lines anymore, they've done enough.

with the realestate values up with great prices why don,t all of you wieners pack your bags and leave, not one of you can give a reasonable solution to the preasent conditions in town and all you do is B**ch . how about some possitive input and ideas to help rather than spending your energy bitchin'....

Guest Angry Taxpayer
with the realestate values up with great prices why don,t all of you wieners pack your bags and leave, not one of you can give a reasonable solution to the preasent conditions in town and all you do is B**ch .  how about some possitive input and ideas to help rather than spending your energy bitchin'....

I will say it again. There are 5 votes in my family and they are for ANYONE with brains, honesty and integrity that will step forward and run for mayor. And, talking to my friends and neighbors, I can promise there are many more votes reserved for that person.

We must put a stop to the spending frenzy of this administration. I still can't get over this mayor and council borrowing $40,000,000 without asking the taxpayers. If anyone votes for any member of this administration they have to be brain dead. The taxpayers of Harrison will be paying off that huge debt for generations to come.

What I like is someone with no ties to this political disaster. Corruption is running rampant, and nobody cares.. I'm not voting with party lines anymore, they've done enough.

PUT A FREEZE ON ALL SALARIES,LAY OFF ALL NON ESSENTIAL WORKERS,AND START MAKING EMPLOYEES PAY MORE FOR THERE HEALTH CARE.

Guest 2smart4u
I will say it again. There are 5 votes in my family and they are for ANYONE with brains, honesty and integrity that will step forward and run for mayor. And, talking to my friends and neighbors, I can promise there are many more votes reserved for that person.

We must put a stop to the spending frenzy of this administration. I still can't get over this mayor and council borrowing $40,000,000 without asking the taxpayers.  If anyone votes for any member of this administration they have to be brain dead. The taxpayers of Harrison will be paying off that huge debt for generations to come.

No question you're right, the concept of "government by the people" does not exist in Harrison. When have the taxpayers EVER been asked (by referendum) what they thought about ANYTHING ?? For any mayor and council to borrow $40,000,000 without asking the taxpayers their opinion is UNHEARD OF. If any other town ever tried that there would be a mob scene at the council meetings demanding their heads. In Harrison, it hardly raised an eyebrow, why ?? Because the citizens of Harrison don't know their rights. they are so used to this autocratic form of government, they don't know any better. And the mayor and council KNOW THIS !! This next election will tell whether the voters are "brain dead".

PUT A FREEZE ON ALL SALARIES,LAY OFF ALL NON ESSENTIAL WORKERS,AND START MAKING EMPLOYEES PAY MORE FOR THERE HEALTH CARE.

How can you put a freeze on salaries and then expect people to pay for healthcare? What are they going to pay for it with?

Town Employee's don't pay towards there own health care....the Town of Harrison pays the entire bill.......Medical, Dental and Eye Glasses. I agree with the person who wrote to freeze salaries and start laying off nonessential people...alot of useless people have been hired by the town within the last two years......Get rid of the garbage and the do nothings......

If the Town of Harrison had abided with the rules set forth by the Department of Community Affairs that was issed over two years ago then no one should have been hired in the last two years because we are under a "No Hire Rule". Guess the no hire rule only applies to nonexistant jobs...or the rules don't apply to the Town of Harrison or they just do what they want in the Town of Harrison........either way the town is a disgrace and so are those that are incharge of Harrison....they answer to no one............Shame, Shame, Shame on the elected officals....all it is....is Nepotism at its finest although through nepotism we are not getting the finest of people to do the jobs in our Town....

Guest Corzine

Today (Tuesday) we will get a new Governor. Corzine talks a good game but let us see if he actually enforces those "no hire" rules from the Department of Community Affairs. Better yet, let's see if he forces those "new hires" to be laid off or State funding removed (how's that for a way to enforce the "no hire" rules).McDonough laughs at the Department of Community Affairs because he has them in his pocket. They took over Harrison and did not enforce their own rules (the McGreevey Age and Codey turned a blind eye). Rumor has it that McDonough hired as a consultant the former auditor from the State who was overseeing the "no hire" rules and other restrictions placed on Harrison. Politics as usual. Let's see if Corzine can bring back credibility to New Jersey government. In Harrison, there is no credibility or accountability just corruption at its best. Do what you want. Nobody cares. It is Hudson County after all. From the FBI, NJ Attorney General, Hudson County Prosecutor's office, Department of Community Affairs nobody is watching or cares.

The FBI is too busy with terrorism. The Attorney General thinks what's happening in Harrison is normal why he's throwing himself a party at taxpayer's expense. The Hudson County Prosecutor's office is too politically connected that they simply cannot conduct an investigation without it leaking out. The Department of Community Affairs plays politics rather than enforce their rules.

Time to step up FBI, you are our only hope. "The Terrorists" are already at town hall, in Harrison they are the Mayor and Council.

Guest 2smart4u
If the Town of Harrison had abided with the rules set forth by the  Department of Community Affairs that was issed over two years ago then no one should have been hired in the last two years because we are under a "No Hire Rule".  Guess the no hire rule only applies to nonexistant jobs...or the rules don't apply to the Town of Harrison or they just do what they want in the Town of Harrison........either way the town is a disgrace and so are those that are incharge of Harrison....they answer to no one............Shame, Shame, Shame on the elected officals....all it is....is Nepotism at its finest although through nepotism we are not getting the finest of people to do the jobs in our Town....

That so-called "no hire rule" was for the purpose of controlling spending because the state had to bail out the town with financial aid. MAKES YOU WONDER WHY THE STATE DIDN'T STEP IN AND SAY YOU CAN'T BORROW $40,000,000 SO THE METROSTARS HAVE A PLACE TO PLAY SOCCER. It's like being on welfare and driving a Rolls Royce.

Its not a rumor about the guy from Community Affairs, he is employed by the Town of Harrison as a Advisor to the DPW (like we really need one) and his hourly rate is more then some make in a entire day...Nice going Harrison....take care of the outsiders and not your own....If anyone would like to check on this guys salary or any other town employee's salary go to the town hall and ask to see the books...they are public knowledge and every resident of Harrison is entiltled to see the salaries of all those who work for them and for the town......

Archived