Doran Muses: “I’ll Probably Do It.”

Guest Guest

According to an unconfirmed report, Councilman James Doran has been letting on to some friends and close associates that he will be running for mayor in this year’s election.

There had been some speculation that Doran might forego this year’s election with an eye on a top appointment within the state Department of Education. But after legal consultation, Doran was advised that such appointment would not preclude him from holding an elected municipal position.

“The calendar pages are turning,” Doran observed. “2006 is upon us. Whoever let it out that it would be by St. Patrick’s Day that I’ll decide, is right. But, as it stands now, I’ll probably do it.”

Doran went on. “But in politics, a single day is a decade. One never knows. Christ, the Election Commission hasn’t even come up with a deadline date for petitions, yet. But as sure as April follows March 17th, they will.”

“Me against Higgins and McDonough is a no-brainer,” Doran insisted. “I think they have mistook my silence over the past years as weakness. They’re entitled to their misperceptions.”

“As I see it,” Doran further speculated, “this is between me and Pete. McDonough’s not a part of the equation here. I plan on finishing the job I started back in ’98.”

Neither Peter B. Higgins or Raymond McDonough could be reached for comment.

(Again, this was an unconfirmed report.)

Guest Town Resident
According to an unconfirmed report, Councilman James Doran has been letting on to some friends and close associates that he will be running for mayor in this year’s election.

There had been some speculation that Doran might forego this year’s election with an eye on a top appointment within the state Department of Education.  But after legal consultation, Doran was advised that such appointment would not preclude him from holding an elected municipal position.

“The calendar pages are turning,” Doran observed.  “2006 is upon us.  Whoever let it out that it would be by St. Patrick’s Day that I’ll decide, is right.  But, as it stands now, I’ll probably do it.”

Doran went on.  “But in politics, a single day is a decade.  One never knows.  Christ, the Election Commission hasn’t even come up with a deadline date for petitions, yet.  But as sure as April follows March 17th, they will.”

“Me against Higgins and McDonough is a no-brainer,” Doran insisted.  “I think they have mistook my silence over the past years as weakness. They’re entitled to their misperceptions.”

“As I see it,” Doran further speculated, “this is between me and Pete.  McDonough’s not a part of the equation here.  I plan on finishing the job I started back in ’98.”

I think you have too much time on your hands.

I think you have too much time on your hands.

I hope Doran runs against Ray. He will find out that he is not very popular. McDonough will win in a landslide. What has Doran accomplished besides taking care of himself, and his family and a few choice friends? Nothing, he screwed up the HPD, cost the taxpayers $42,000 for a BS report, and remained silent about important issues such as the Metro Stars Stadium. Didn't he vote yes for it? Bring it on Jimmy, we will steamroll over you.. B):lol::lol:

I hope Doran runs against Ray. He will find out that he is not very popular. McDonough will win in a landslide. What has Doran accomplished besides taking care of himself, and his family and a few choice friends? Nothing, he screwed up the HPD, cost the taxpayers $42,000 for a BS report, and remained silent about important issues such as the Metro Stars Stadium. Didn't he vote yes for it? Bring it on Jimmy, we will steamroll over you.. :P  :angry:  :lol:

Don't think the Doran clan and friends are going to like these remarks too much.

There had been some speculation that Doran might forego this year’s election with an eye on a top appointment within the state Department of Education.  But after legal consultation, Doran was advised that such appointment would not preclude him from holding an elected municipal position.

“The calendar pages are turning,” Doran observed.  “2006 is upon us.  Whoever let it out that it would be by St. Patrick’s Day that I’ll decide, is right.  But, as it stands now, I’ll probably do it.”

Doran went on.  “But in politics, a single day is a decade.  One never knows.  Christ, the Election Commission hasn’t even come up with a deadline date for petitions, yet.  But as sure as April follows March 17th, they will.”

“Me against Higgins and McDonough is a no-brainer,” Doran insisted.  “I think they have mistook my silence over the past years as weakness. They’re entitled to their misperceptions.”

“As I see it,” Doran further speculated, “this is between me and Pete.  McDonough’s not a part of the equation here.  I plan on finishing the job I started back in ’98.”

Think the friend from SJ is back on line. Put the HPD on alert. :angry:

Guest 2smart4u
PLAIN AND SIMPLE----------DORAN IS NOT THE ANWSER FOR HARRISON!!!!!!!

Lets get serious here. Did he vote yes to borrow $40,000,000 ?? Did he have the ba--s to stand up and vote no to borrow $40,000,000 ?? Answer these questions for yourself and then decide if he deserves your vote.

Archived