Kearny DPW

Guest Guest

There has been several post on this board about the high cost

of Medical Insurance the Town has to pay.

One way to save money is to go to the DPW, And See all the

waste there.

As of Jan 2006, Many non-skilled employees of the Kearny DPW

and the Rec dept will me making $60,000 a year.

The point is with the high income they make and the very generous

medical package, Which most people could not afford.

Why is it Santos and the Council keeps some of the people on the

payroll, They do no work ride up and down Kearny Ave,

And waste town resources.

If they fired some of the people who do not work and into scamming

the town, Maybe the town will save a lot of money on health costs.

There has been several post on this board about the DPW, Everthing

from Drinking on the Job,To drug use.

And who is that guy on the ******** that goes to his house several

times a day and stays there a half hour, What is he doing?

And he is a *****, What a disgrace.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

waste there.

Before we start fireing everybody, Could some one tell me what is causing the increase in health insurance. All we do is talk about the effect of the increases not the cause. There is no doubt that a lot needs to be done with employee productivity at the DPW. But hey look at the money you waste on an administrator every year and he gets a lot more then health benefits. Now all you retirees out there get ready because Old Jon Corzine is going to make you pay next. Those people are really something, First they raid your system and then they want you to pay for it. Oh promise me oh promise me. Keep up the good work BIG BLUE NJ. And stop picking on each other kearny workers, united you stand divided you fall. Keep in mind that htere are people that would like to see you all gone and have all that left over money fill their pay checks. Stop being so stupid and look at the big picture for once.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest_FRANKIE_*

IN RESPONSE TO DPW DRIVING AROUND TOWN WASTING TIME AND MONEY DID YOU EVER STOP TO THINK THAT MAYBE THEY ARE LOOKING FOR TROBLE SPOTS AND EITHER TRYING TO PREVENT A PROBLEM OR SOLVE ONE. MANY OF THE EMPLOYEES I SEE ARE OUT ON CALLS FROM CITIZENS WHO HAVE A CONCERN ABOUT A POTENTIAL PROBLEM OR ONE THAT ALREADY EXITS SO IF YOU DONT KNOW FIRST HAND DO NOY ASSUME THEY ARE JUST WASTING TIME OR TAXPAYERS MONEY

Guest Unions aint all wrong

As far as the health benefit issue is concerned, I feel all employers should pay for employee coverage. The health issue is not going to go away because payments shift from one to the other. The problem is the costant increase in premiums. Are they going to stop going up if employees pay. I don't think so. Let's ask the question, what is making them so expensive, that's what we should be looking at. If we keep shifting the responsibilty of paying to the employee we are all going to wind up with substandard health care. And that's a problem.

Hey its easy to pick on some less forunate drunk what about the creeps that let this crap go on they call them boss or supervisors. Lets start with Joe D this loser comes into town demands a crazy pay check and Santos and his eight bags of crap pay it every week no qusetions asked. Further who put these people to work anyway all were approved by the Mayor & Council at one time or another. Why single out the DPW nobody who works for the town pays for benefits not even the people who shouldn't be getting them . A former Judge who they gave some job to to shut him up the present Judge who has gotten more form this town than any human will ever need maybe not so human. Someone was talking about a list. The list I want to see is the one with all the name of people receiving benefits on it. Come on show us the list Mr Mayor & Council or are you ashamed. I pay over three hundred per month for the benefits I receive where I work. What makes you any better than the rest of us. If you had to survive on what most seniors in town have you couldn't make it. This bunch of money grubbing low life scoundrels got to go show the list Mr Mayor

Hey its easy to pick on some less forunate drunk what about the creeps that let this crap go on they call them boss or supervisors. Lets start with Joe D this loser comes into town demands a crazy pay check and Santos and his eight bags of crap pay it every week no qusetions asked. Further who put these people to work anyway all were approved by the Mayor & Council at one time or another. Why single out the DPW nobody who works for the town pays for benefits not even the people who shouldn't be getting them . A former Judge who they gave some job to to shut him up the present Judge who has gotten more form this town than any human will ever need maybe not so human. Someone was talking about a list. The list I want to see is the one with all the name of people receiving benefits on it. Come on show us the list Mr Mayor & Council or are you ashamed. I pay over three hundred per month for the benefits I receive where I work. What makes you any better than the rest of us. If you had to survive on what most seniors in town have you couldn't make it. This bunch of money grubbing low life scoundrels got to go show the list Mr Mayor

What is this list and what do you mean about people getting bennies who shouldn't? Who would have this list? Or is it a secret list? Tell us more please.

Guest Guest_FRANKIE_*
Before we start fireing everybody, Could some one tell me what is causing the increase in health insurance. All we do is talk about the effect of the increases not the cause. There is no doubt that a lot needs to be done with employee  productivity at the DPW. But hey look at the money you waste on an administrator every year and he gets a lot more then health benefits. Now all you retirees out there get ready because Old Jon Corzine is going to make you pay next. Those people are really something, First they raid your system and then they want you to pay for it. Oh promise me oh promise me. Keep up the good work BIG BLUE NJ.  And stop picking on each other kearny workers, united you stand divided you fall. Keep in mind that htere are people that would like to see you all gone and have all that left over money fill their pay checks. Stop being so stupid and look at the big picture for once.

• 3 years later...
Guest *Non of your business*

waste there.

Archived