1 Square Mile

Guest Hoover

Harrison is only 1 square mile, yet it has a 50 officer PD and Fire Dept that are paid a lot of money. How can a Town this size survive. It also has 7 dept. heads who will be making 150,000 each by 2007 in 1 square mile. The soccer stadium which will be bonded by 40 million will also cost you a lot. ALL IN ! SQUARE MILE.

48 cops get your facts straight!

Harrison is only 1 square mile, yet it has a 50 officer PD and Fire Dept that are paid a lot of money. How can a Town this size survive. It also has 7 dept. heads who will be making 150,000 each by 2007 in 1 square mile. The soccer stadium which will be bonded by 40 million will also cost you a lot. ALL IN ! SQUARE MILE.

Do you not realize that we live between Newark & Jersey City, two cities with high crime status? This town stays somewhat secure due to the fact of the size of the Police Department. Also, you must not have noticed how close the houses are to one another. That is a real fire trap. Also the fire department has to respond to serious fires in Hudson county. Take a ride around this town and let me know if you then agree.

Let's thank god we have a Great Police, Fire and EMS services -

Why don't you go two towns up where the mayor of North

Arlington has destroyed that town with lay offs.

If you look close enough there is still snow from last year.

Yeah we pay high taxes in Harrison but we have a mayor

who is not a born and convicted lier like Russ Pitman !

Don't like our services here move to North Arlington !

Guest Bluecoat

Yea, I think we need to hire more cops. The 48 we have now call in sick a lot so were actually working shorthanded most of the time. Do you know that they don't hire ot to replace these cops when they are out sick. They let the manpower go down to 4. We need more cops because we got unlimited sick time so why come to work. No one is checking. :P

I would if Icould afford to but I must continue to live in the Harrison Gardens.

Yea right, and Ray McDummer is George Washington who couldn't tell a lie. :P:lol::lol:

You're joking about this right? I'd rather be dead than live in Harrison. Pitman may be an ass, but there is no comparison between living in Harrison or NA. You could sell your Harrison dump of a house and not even touch a home in NA.

You're joking about this right? I'd rather be dead than live in Harrison.Ā  Pitman may be an ass, but there is no comparison between living in Harrison or NA.Ā  You could sell your Harrison dump of a house and not even touch a home in NA.

Not quite...check some prices.

What is so special about NA....it's the poor man's Bergen County.

However, your Police Dept does blow the HPD away. I know a few personally, and at least they care about the town, the job and quality of life (and some don't live there).

You're joking about this right? I'd rather be dead than live in Harrison.Ā  Pitman may be an ass, but there is no comparison between living in Harrison or NA.Ā  You could sell your Harrison dump of a house and not even touch a home in NA.

So why the hell are you trolling on the Harrison board, you loser?

Guest Ex-HarrisonCitizen
Yea, I think we need to hire more cops. The 48 we have now call in sick a lot so were actually working shorthanded most of the time. Do you know that they don't hire ot to replace these cops when they are out sick. They let the manpower go down to 4. We need more cops because we got unlimited sick time so why come to work. No one is checking. :angry:

Hire more cops??? A monkey could direct traffic... Cut 1/2 of the force (half of them think they're God anyway, they don't know "respect" if it hit them in the face), give the rest a small raise and hire some people to direct traffic at a smaller income.

Ex-HarrisonCitizen

I did and thank God I did....

You are calling a politician a liar? There's a shocker......

And by the way, the only good thing about Harrison is the snowplowing. That I admit is Heaven. But then you have to live another 9 months in the Hell that is Harrison. Good Luck...

Ex-HarrisonCitizen

I love NA

Hire more cops??? A monkey could direct traffic... Cut 1/2 of the force (half of them think they're God anyway, they don't know "respect" if it hit them in the face), give the rest a small raise and hire some people to direct traffic at a smaller income.

Ex-HarrisonCitizen

WE DID THEIR CALLED PEO AND PRIOR TO THAT DISPATCHERS WERE PLACED BEHIND THE DESK TO ELIMATE THE SLEEPING COPS.

HOW IS THAT WORKING OUT DEREK? :angry:

Not quite...check some prices.

What is so special about NA....it's the poor man's Bergen County.

However, your Police Dept does blow the HPD away. I know a few personally, and at least they care about the town, the job and quality of life (and some don't live there).

Check some prices for what, a house that has 3 or more houses right on top of it? And they're still trying to cram more houses in. Give me the poor man's Bergen County anytime.

What's Harrison known for?

A bar on every corner. :angry:

I did and thank God I did....

You are calling a politician a liar? There's a shocker......

And by the way, the only good thing about Harrison is the snowplowing. That I admit is Heaven. But then you have to live another 9 months in the Hell that is Harrison. Good Luck...

Ex-HarrisonCitizen

I love NA

You don't need to plow in Harrison, the snow won't even stick to those filty streets and sidewalks.

WE DID THEIR CALLED PEO AND PRIOR TO THAT DISPATCHERS WERE PLACED BEHIND THE DESK TO ELIMATE THE SLEEPING COPS.

HOW IS THAT WORKING OUT DEREK? :angry:

The Chief would still be a Lt. if he didn't have the politicians pushing him ahead. He sold his soul to get the job, in the long run he will be sorry.

The Chief would still be a Lt. if he didn't have the politicians pushing him ahead. He sold his soul to get the job, in the long run he will be sorry.

that's true n.a. resident, but then.........n.a. is no better other than fatso's you guys break wind like east newark cops. now run off and monitor holy cross. i hear you guys enjoy them stiffs at night.

that's true n.a. resident, but then.........n.a. is no better other than fatso's you guys break wind like east newark cops. now run off and monitorĀ  holy cross. i hear you guys enjoy them stiffs at night.

Some more wonderful Harrisonian logic and grammar. :lol:

Archived