McDonough and Fianances

Guest The Accountant

Guest The Accountant

In The Observer today you read a press release by the Mayor about the town gaining "an extra $2 million in funds, apart from the $3 million the township is allocated each year for a variety of development projects...."

I laughed when I read this, as should you. This Mayor is out of control with his lack of experience on how to use state funds.

HAVE YOU SEEN $3 MILLION IN CHANGES EACH YEAR FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS IN VARIOUS DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS?

No, me neither.

Thats what happens when you hire friends for different positions, like Peter Higins sister, Beth Higins as Treasurer, Thomas Powells wife, Marge Powell as Tax collector, The Mayor's Brother-in-law Kowalski as the Attorney for the Re-development (AKA the mayors landlord), Can't forget the Mayor's wife as guidance Counclor at Harrison High (maybe thats why our education is all screwed up, though I'm sure some one will blame it on racial reasons) or maybe our education is screwed up because you have Peter Higins chairman as chairman of the Board of Education, Chairman of the Re-development, on the board of the HCC, the list goes on and on as well as the nepotism in town.

Bottom line is that you have fools in charge of our Money, and they pocket more then they spend on the town and thats my opinion as an accountant, why we haven't seen tax breaks or VARIOUS DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS!!

Guest 2smart4u
In The Observer today you read a press release by the Mayor about the town gaining "an extra $2 million in funds, apart from the $3 million the township is allocated each year for a variety of development projects...."

I laughed when I read this, as should you.  This Mayor is out of control with his lack of experience on how to use state funds. 

HAVE YOU SEEN $3 MILLION IN CHANGES EACH YEAR FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS IN VARIOUS DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS?

No, me neither.

Thats what happens when you hire friends for different positions, like Peter Higins sister, Beth Higins as Treasurer, Thomas Powells wife, Marge Powell as Tax collector, The Mayor's Brother-in-law Kowalski as the Attorney for the Re-development (AKA the mayors landlord), Can't forget the Mayor's wife as guidance Counclor at Harrison High (maybe thats why our education is all screwed up, though I'm sure some one will blame it on racial reasons) or maybe our education is screwed up because you have Peter Higins chairman as chairman of the Board of Education, Chairman of the Re-development, on the board of the HCC, the list goes on and on as well as the nepotism in town.

Bottom line is that you have fools in charge of our Money, and they pocket more then they spend on the town and thats my opinion as an accountant, why we haven't seen tax breaks or VARIOUS DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS!!

I'm still looking for the playgrounds , neighborhood parks and other recreational facilities that this money should be buying. If the mayor had asked all the town residents what they would prefer; neighborhood parks, playgrounds and other recreational facilities OR a soccer stadium, I wonder what he would have been told. Any guesses ??

Guest Thomas Powell
If the mayor had asked all the town residents what they would prefer; neighborhood parks, playgrounds and other recreational facilities OR a soccer stadium, I wonder what he would have been told. Any guesses ??
but parks, playgrounds and other recreational facilities DON'T PAY TAXES & HAS NO DEVELOPER TO REAP ANY BENIFITS FROM.

Guest Senior Town Resident
I don't think that is the way to spell B-E-N-E-F-I-T-S.

Many urban towns accross the U.S. have created "pocket parks". small parks on residential streets where the town has purchased two or three run-down homes and cleared the lots.

Shade trees, flower beds and benches create a small oasis where mothers can walk their children and enjoy the outdoors.

Harrison has never done anything like this. These are the kind of things that would justify the high taxes we're all paying.

Think about how much could be done with the 40 million dollars to beautify the town instead of building a soccer stadium which no one will get any benefit from, except the Metrostars owners who will keep all the profits.

• 2 months later...
Guest 2smart4u
WHAT DOES A PLUMMER KNOW ABOUT FIANANCES?

A P-L-U-M-B-E-R knows all about flushing things; like your money, like the towns financial stability, like the future of the school system ( wait till all the kids from all these new housing units hit the classrooms), (can you say more trailers), like the taxpayers hopes of ever seeing taxes stabilize. Borrowing $40,000,000 does not bode well for for that dream.

Archived