What do Jim Mangin, Terrell Owens, Kelly Clarkson,

Guest PeteRoseJr & MickeyMouse hav

Guest PeteRoseJr & MickeyMouse hav

They all got write-in votes for Mayor. Pretty much sums it all up if you ask me.

Down below a poster made this quite prescient comment about many of the rants on this site:

Do you think 99.99% of the voters care about your personal beef with Al Santos? Of course not. You are certainly fixated on your anti-Santos kick. When it's visceral and personal, you become just another one of those wackos that 99% of the public writes off. You know the kind, 1) the defeated candidates, 2) the former and current employees who don't want to work or don't want anyone telling them what to do, and 3) the disgruntled job or promotion seekers.

I know what you'll say next, that you're none of those people. But Guest, no one will buy that. You are definitely in that category. Good luck on coming to terms with your new reality.

At the end of the day, there were 25 write-ins for the Bert-inspired write-in campaign for Mangin. I think that's like .0003% of the electorate. To be grouped with Mickey Mouse and Terrell is embarassing to say the least.

For what it's worth, here's my advice. Drop the personal attacks. Debate facts. Don't make up stuff just so you can trash an elected official. Attacks with made-up allegations that are motivated by you not getting a job or not getting a promotion or not winning an election are just flat out dishonorable and childish, as well as deceptive. It's also cowardice because the worst of this group remain nameless on this board.

Apparently, 99.99997% of Kearny's voters don't agree with you.

They all got write-in votes for Mayor.  Pretty much sums it all up if you ask me.

Down below a poster made this quite prescient comment about many of the rants on this site: 

Do you think 99.99% of the voters care about your personal beef with Al Santos? Of course not. You are certainly fixated on your anti-Santos kick. When it's visceral and personal, you become just another one of those wackos that 99% of the public writes off. You know the kind, 1) the defeated candidates, 2) the former and current employees who don't want to work or don't want anyone telling them what to do, and 3) the disgruntled job or promotion seekers.

I know what you'll say next, that you're none of those people. But Guest, no one will buy that. You are definitely in that category. Good luck on coming to terms with your new reality.

At the end of the day, there were 25 write-ins for the Bert-inspired write-in campaign for Mangin.  I think that's like .0003% of the electorate.  To be grouped with Mickey Mouse and Terrell is embarassing to say the least.

For what it's worth, here's my advice.  Drop the personal attacks.  Debate facts.  Don't make up stuff just so you can trash an elected official.  Attacks with made-up allegations that are motivated by you not getting a job or not getting a promotion or not winning an election are just flat out dishonorable and childish, as well as deceptive.  It's also cowardice because the worst of this group remain nameless on this board.

Apparently, 99.99997% of Kearny's voters don't agree with you.

Funny, I don't see your name anywhere in this post.

Guest You Don't Get It
Funny, I don't see your name anywhere in this post.

Re-read the original post. It doesn't say not to post anonymously. It said:

Drop the personal attacks. Debate facts. Don't make up stuff just so you can trash an elected official. Attacks with made-up allegations that are motivated by you not getting a job or not getting a promotion or not winning an election are just flat out dishonorable and childish, as well as deceptive. It's also cowardice because the worst of this group remain nameless on this board.

It's one thing to debate in a dignified and factual manner. It's another to slander and make personal attacks without identifying yourself. Just one example is the Bin Laden thread below. That's cowardice.

Re-read the original post.  It doesn't say not to post anonymously.  It said: 

Drop the personal attacks. Debate facts. Don't make up stuff just so you can trash an elected official. Attacks with made-up allegations that are motivated by you not getting a job or not getting a promotion or not winning an election are just flat out dishonorable and childish, as well as deceptive. It's also cowardice because the worst of this group remain nameless on this board.

It's one thing to debate in a dignified and factual manner.  It's another to slander and make personal attacks without identifying yourself.  Just one example is the Bin Laden thread below.  That's cowardice.

you do realize what a coward you are, don't you? that's the point.

Guest Reality check

Right, and you're not one of those with the hostile diatribes.

Alot of talk on this board, no action, and Santos keeps winning. It must drive you crazy when this is pointed out to you.

Guest Kelly Clarkson

I just want to thank all those that voted for me. I really appricate it!! Hopefully we will win it next time. Cause my hair is way better then Santos. Love you all, thanks again! :P

Guest stop your killing me

It's one thing to debate in a dignified and factual manner.  It's another to slander and make personal attacks without identifying yourself.  Just one example is the Bin Laden thread below.  That's cowardice.

Excuse me but where is your name? Now what would this be called?

I agree. The Bin Laden post you're referring to is cowardice. But I also think your post shows just as much cowardice. You talk about people anonymously trashing people in a post of yours that includes my name in the title. If you didn't mean to include me, let's see a disclaimer. If you did mean to include me, let's see your name.

My guess is we'll see neither.

S&O hit it on the head (as he often does) - pot meet kettle.

Jim Mangin

Guest looking at things

I really don't care that Santos won or that he's mayor. I just think he is doing a lot of things that are not good for the town. He hasn't lowered the taxes at all. and really other then side walks and field houses what improvments have been made. You know, say what you will about Vartan he at least lowered taxes. I know it was voodo. But what do call taking money from the KMUA to keep the taxes down, but they still went up! The town is in for real trouble down the road and it's not that far away.

<Sigh>  You make my point for me.......thank you.

Au contraire, my dear "StudiesandObservations." Keep it positive. Your pot and kettle reference was a cute dig and not what I'd call enlightened debate. If you wish to debate the merits of anonymous discourse, then lets.

I agree. The Bin Laden post you're referring to is cowardice. But I also think your post shows just as much cowardice. You talk about people anonymously trashing people in a post of yours that includes my name in the title. If you didn't mean to include me, let's see a disclaimer. If you did mean to include me, let's see your name.

My guess is we'll see neither.

S&O hit it on the head (as he often does) - pot meet kettle.

Jim Mangin

Jim,

You were the vehicle for some very disgruntled folk on this board. There were many, many foul and disgraceful postings here. Name-calling, personal attacks and unfounded rumors were evident on many of the postings in the weeks leading to election day. Some of the attacks were expressly tied in with a write-in campaign for Mayor.

I think your 'I take personal offense'-response is overdone. There was not a critical word about you in the original post. The poster pointed out that you and several other quite unusual characters received write-in votes for Mayor on Election Day. Obviously, some voters have a dry sense of humor by voting for Kelly Clarkson, Pete Rose Jr. and Terrell Owens. Yes, there were people who actually voted that way. That total universe of disgruntled voters and humorists, including those who wrote in Mangin, were a tiny portion of the total electorate. Tiny.

Where's the -- to use your word --"trashing" of Mangin in that?

Archived