Election Day

Guest Citizen

Guest Citizen

Election Day is on Tuesday - the polls will be open, but how many people will vote?Mayor Santos is running unopposed. With all the gripes on this board why didn't anyone consider running against him. There is still time. You can make a personal choice - Not for Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck - but for an individual but might actually want to make a difference. Even if a personal choice nominee doesn't win, it will give the town officials something to think about. The people in Kearny are not going to take all the garbage that goes on. The people in charge of running our town need to be held accountable for their actions. When the new mayor is sworn in, be it Mayor Santos or someone else, that person needs to step up and take care of the people of Kearny---all the people of Kearny!!!

Election Day is on Tuesday - the polls will be open, but how many people will vote?Mayor Santos is running unopposed.  With all the gripes on this board why didn't anyone consider running against him.

Mayor Santos and his team have been challenged several times, both in Primaries and in General Elections. They have been opposed by heavily backed and well financed slates; they have been placed out on Line E on the ballot; they have been the victims of family-bashing; and been subjected to unwarranted attacks on their integrity...and they still win...and win big!

Where have you been? Plenty of people have considered running against them, but I guess the would-be opponents' fear of failure is greater than their sense of "outrage".

Whatever your leanings, see you at the polls! I'll "B" there!

Mayor Santos and his team have been challenged several times, both in Primaries and in General Elections. They have been opposed by heavily backed and well financed slates; they have been placed out on Line E on the ballot; they have been the victims of family-bashing; and been subjected to unwarranted attacks on their integrity...and they still win...and win big!

Where have you been? Plenty of people have considered running against them, but I guess the would-be opponents' fear of failure is greater than their sense of "outrage".

Whatever your leanings, see you at the polls! I'll  "B"  there!

You're such an idiot.

Win big where? Hardly anyone even turns out to vote in Kearny.

As for family bashing and attacks on their integrity, gee I wonder why.

I have a feeling you'll be fairly lonely at the polls.

You're such an idiot.

As for family bashing and attacks on their integrity, gee I wonder why.

First, stop wasting your time trying to insult me. Haven't you learned anything from reading my posts? I would have to know and respect you for your barbs to be effective.

Losers always invoke the "he bought the election/voters are apathetic/we were misunderstood/they lied/we want a recount" lame, whiney excuse. If you want a bigger voter turn-out, work harder to get YOUR people out. Santos does and he has had tremendous success---sometimes 2-1 or better.

It's a good thing for you to "wonder why" the family bashing and personal attacks run rampant in the opposition camp. It shows you might actually have a conscience.

You might be lonely at the polls, but I won't. All of my friends will "B" there!

First, stop wasting your time trying to insult me. Haven't you learned anything from reading my posts? I would have to know and respect you for your barbs to be effective.

Losers always invoke the "he bought the election/voters are apathetic/we were misunderstood/they lied/we want a recount" lame, whiney excuse. If you want a bigger voter turn-out, work harder to get YOUR people out. Santos does and he has had tremendous success---sometimes 2-1 or better.

It's a good thing for you to "wonder why" the family bashing and personal attacks run rampant in the opposition camp. It shows you might actually have a conscience.

You might be lonely at the polls, but I won't. All of my friends will "B" there!

Why does all the campaign literature I get for Team "B" ends with the freeholder? It's as if the mayor doesn't exist to the important democrats. The mayor hasn't done such a good job getting corzine signs out around town either. Maybe the mayor isn't on the 'B' literature because they know he can't deliver the votes this time around?

Actually, I don't learn anything from your posts, they're nothing new, same old party line bulls***.

I couldn't care less about voter turn out. Kearny deserves Santos and Co. Santos "has had tremendous success". Where? Kearny? Who cares. Population 43,000 and you're lucky if a few thousand, a very few, come out to vote. Outside of Kearny Santos is a nobody. Kearny itself barely exists in Hudson County.

I don't really wonder why family bashing is part of the Kearny political scene considering some of the people involved. I do think that character counts for something. I also think you should be able to manage your own life and your family before you go out and try to make decisions for others.

I guess you won't be lonely, you should have a whopping what, maybe 2000 votes for the boy. Like I said, I hope he wins. There's nothing funnier than watching a guy like Santos, who promised everyone the world on a platter, slowy self-destruct.

ME TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  GO JIM MANGIN

;);) TOWN WHAT DID YOU DO???? WHY?? WELL NOW THE TOWN IS GOING TO HAVE A BIG MOVING SALE!!! REMEMBER THE WHITE FLIGHT FROM NEWARK! WELL GO IRISH AND SCOTCH!!! FOR SALE 1 SMALL TOWN CALLED KEARNY TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER!!! GOING GOING GONE!!!!!!!!!! :lol::blink:

Guest Happy daze are here again

The special interest groups have spoken. The people of NJ you will pay for this Democratic victory. Corzine owes big and will pay with our money, not his this time. This election shows you can buy what ever you want, in this case the office of governor.

For Corzine to win this big in the face of scandle blows my mind. Well, you only get what you pay for and we will pay for Jon. Congrats NJ you've done it again.

The special interest groups have spoken.  The people of NJ you will pay for this Democratic victory. Corzine owes big and will pay with our money, not his this time. This election shows you can buy what ever you want, in this case the office of governor.

For Corzine to win this big in the face of scandle blows my mind. Well, you only get what you pay for and we will pay for Jon. Congrats NJ you've done it again.

Blah, blah, blah, yada, yada yada and boo, hoo, hoo! Let's see how many excuses you guys can come up with this time. My conservative estimate is numerous finger-pointings, five whines, three moans and a couple of tantrums, but not one mea culpa!

Don't you kid yourself. If Forrester's advisors had even a hint that more spending would have won the election, they would have pulled out that checkbook in a Jersey minute; but they realized by last weekend that it was a losing cause. If you consider that Forrester spent nearly eleven million on the Primary plus the reported nineteen million he spent for the General, he wasn't far behind Corzine in that department.

4300+ to 48.......big enough win for ya?

And I don't wanna hear, "Oh well, Santos & Co. were running unopposed." With the write-in procedure made so easy now, (and with all the prompting from this site and other opposition forums) everyone who entered the voting booth had the option to vote against the Santos ticket---they chose not to!

I think I'm going to start a movement to have the legislature eliminate write-ins. I always viewed it as "back dooring". All candidates, including Independents, should have to do what the Democrats and Republicans have to do to get on the ballot----get the required number of signatures and have them certified in the required time frame.

And I don't wanna hear, "Oh well, Santos & Co. were running unopposed." With the write-in procedure made so easy now, (and with all the prompting from this site and other opposition forums) everyone who entered the voting booth had the option to vote against the Santos ticket---they chose not to!

I think I'm going to start a movement to have the legislature eliminate write-ins. I always viewed it as "back dooring". All candidates, including Independents, should have to do what the Democrats and Republicans have to do to get on the ballot----get the required number of signatures and have them certified in the required time frame.

Funny you should bring up time frames. When Toricelli was on the ballot and got into troubles, the Dems MOVED the deadline, that's right, ignored the law and moved the deadline. Last year, McGreevey could have stepped down earlier, but if he waited it became impossible to have an election; allowing NJ voters to choose his replacement, allowing Codey to take over. Don't kid yourself into thinking this is sour grapes about this election, Corzine probably would have won last year as well, I just think that was up to the citizens of NJ not the governor stepping down due to ethics probes.

More hypocrisy, I shouldn't be surprised. Just kidding, I wasn't even slightly surprised.

But, I'll admit this much, you truly have a dizzying intellect. (Not a compliment!)

Do you really think the Boy Prince would want "back dooring" eliminated?!?!?

Wow he really crushed the competition! He's a political superstar now. But I'll bet he still won't get property taxes under control or clean up that dump you call a main drag. ;)

Funny you should bring up time frames.  When Toricelli was on the ballot and got into troubles, the Dems MOVED the deadline, that's right, ignored the law and moved the deadline.  Last year, McGreevey could have stepped down earlier, but if he waited it became impossible to have an election; allowing NJ voters to choose his replacement, allowing  Codey to take over.  Don't kid yourself into thinking this is sour grapes about this election, Corzine probably would have won last year  as well, I just think that was up to the citizens of NJ not the governor stepping down due to ethics probes.

More hypocrisy, I shouldn't be surprised.  Just kidding, I wasn't even slightly surprised.

But, I'll admit this much, you truly have a dizzying intellect.  (Not a compliment!)

Dems did not move the deadline! The Court engineered that whole process. (Now, of course, you'll claim that the Courts are controlled by the liberal left.) The McGreevey strategy was a stroke of genius and if the Republicans were in the same situation, they would have done exactly the same thing...provided they had someone bright enough to think of it!

Loki, why would I even entertain the idea that your post was tainted with the taste of sour grapes? (He asked with a wry smile and condescending tone.)

Hypocrisy? Plenty of that to go 'round. Particularly in Mr. Forrester's self-righteous declaration that he would NEVER use the ex-Mrs. Corzine's nasty little quote, when all the while he knew that his camp was already preparing the ad for that evening's prime time. What a guy, huh?

You must be female....I have that "dizzying" effect on women! (Also not a compliment!)

Titter, titter.

Surely someone as perfect as you, (evidenced by your numerous spelling corrections on this site), would no how to spell hypocrisy. Perhaps your intellect is grossly exaggerated. By you, not me.

As for who moved the election, I really couldn't care less who was responsible for it. Like I've said to you all along, wrong is wrong regardless of which party did it.

The difference, is that I'm even willing to call my own party on it. This, you will never do.

Rah! Rah! Continue the cheerleading, moron.

KOTW has really not publicized this site correctly. I bet no more than 200 people visit the site on a regular basis. 48 is not bad for 200 people. Can you imagine typing out JAMES MANGIN on election day while the old folk poll worker yells out "Do you need help in there". The answer should have been "Yes, can you type out James Mangin for me on the Personal Choice keyboard". This website has the potential for getting out the truth about Mayor Santos' mismanagement of the town's finances (among other issues) but only if some ad or mailing is done to get the word out that it exists.

We also need to support it as it appears KOTW is pushing the purchasing stuff from advertisers quite a bit now. Let's put our money (purchases) where our mouth is.

Dems did not move the deadline! The Court engineered that whole process. (Now, of course, you'll claim that the Courts are controlled by the liberal left.) The McGreevey strategy was a stroke of genius and if the Republicans were in the same situation, they would have done exactly the same thing...provided they had someone bright enough to think of it!

Loki, why would I even entertain the idea that your post was tainted with the taste of sour grapes? (He asked with a wry smile and condescending tone.)

Hypocrisy? Plenty of that to go 'round. Particularly in Mr. Forrester's self-righteous declaration that he would NEVER use the ex-Mrs. Corzine's nasty little quote, when all the while he knew that his camp was already preparing the ad for that evening's prime time. What a guy, huh?

You must be female....I have that "dizzying" effect on women! (Also not a compliment!)

Could have fooled me....I would have thought you would have that dizzying effect on other guys LOL

Guest Numbers

Whatever your leanings, see you at the polls! I'll  "B"  there!

I understand there are 33755 registered voters in Kearny..6659 voted in a general election when a governor was being elected.. 20% voter turnout..6659 voted of which Santos got 60%.....you can say what you like, yes he won and a win is ok even if it's 1 vote, but the mandate was light in the loafers and certainly not "big".

I understand there are 33755 registered voters in Kearny..6659 voted in a general election when a governor was being elected.. 20% voter turnout..6659 voted of which Santos got 60%.....you can say what you like, yes he won and a win is ok even if it's 1 vote, but

"But" nothing. Your rhetoric stinks. Of the voters who cared enough to go to the polls, over 4300 voted for Santos and only 48 actually voted against him. You can't consider the eligibles who didn't show because they have the potential to go either way. You can't assume that all those who didn't vote are anti-Santos. That's like saying your favorite football team had the potential to score three touchdowns but actually crossed the goal line only once. Percentages, possibilities, ratios, demographics and wishful thinking count for nothing. When the game is over, the only stat that counts is the number of points on the board!

Maybe you've got it all wrong. Maybe the "complacents" are just satisfied with the way things are going. It seems to me, if the anti-Santos legions are as large and as unhappy as you would like everyone to believe, they would have been inspired enough to do something--run a slate, do a write-in--something besides griping.

Archived