We pay for their arrogance!

Guest Guest

Due to the arrogance of Santos and his Council the Fire Officers settlement will cost us more money. Santos and company have to pay to set up a payment plan. They don't have the money to pay.

That is the price of arrogance.

Let's hear the spin the Santos gang puts on this. It is near crimminal how they waste our money.

What do you all think about this waste of your tax money? Post your feelings.

How about it A Realist. Tell us what good this is going to do for us. Your the spin master.

Vote for Forrester and enter Mangin in personal choice.

Due to the arrogance of Santos and his Council the Fire Officers settlement will cost us more money. Santos and company have to pay to set up a payment plan.  They don't have the money to pay.

That is the price of arrogance.

Let's hear the spin the Santos gang puts on this. It is near crimminal how they waste our money.

What do you all think about this waste of your tax money? Post your feelings.

How about it A Realist. Tell us what good this is going to do for us. Your the spin master.

Vote for Forrester and enter Mangin in personal choice.

Why don't you suggest to the town, that in order to settle contracts in a more timely manner, that they just give the unions whatever they want right up front. That should speed up the process, huh? But remember, if they had done that this last time around, the settlement would have been at about a 2% higher rate. Compound that over the life of the contract and see if you still think is would have been a bargain, Einstein.

A structured payment of the retro pay is nothing short of brilliant! Good work, Al & Co.!

Guest Guest-buster

Are you sure Guest? What was the % increase awarded by the Kearny arbitrator to the fire department? How does that compare with the New York City settlement from yesterday? While we're at it, Mangin openly supported settling 2 years ago at 4% increases a year. I'm curious as to what the final number by the arbitrator is and what the difference is in actual cost. Do you know or are you just going off on your visceral and personal anti-Santos kick again?

Are you sure Guest?  What was the % increase awarded by the Kearny arbitrator to the fire department?  How does that compare with the New York City settlement from yesterday?  While we're at it, Mangin openly supported settling 2 years ago at 4% increases a year.  I'm curious as to what the final number by the arbitrator is and what the difference is in actual cost.  Do you know or are you just going off on your visceral and personal anti-Santos kick again?

Would you cite the reference where I "openly supported a 4% increase" two years ago? I'm interested in where you get your facts.

If you're referring to my quote at the 2004 Organization Meeting, what I said was (and please don't mis-quote me) - "The men of our Fire Department deserve our respect and, in my opinion, at least the same pay increases as our other bargaining units." Do you have a problem with this statement? Do you think the vast majority of the people of Kearny would have a problem with this statement? I don't think so either.

So, why did we need an artitrator to tell the Town Council how the people feel? Why did we need to hire yet another Assistant Town Attorney to come to this conclusion as well? How much did that cost?

BTW - what was final figure the arbitrator struck? I'd like to know also.

Jim Mangin

Are you sure Guest?  What was the % increase awarded by the Kearny arbitrator to the fire department?  How does that compare with the New York City settlement from yesterday?  While we're at it, Mangin openly supported settling 2 years ago at 4% increases a year.  I'm curious as to what the final number by the arbitrator is and what the difference is in actual cost.  Do you know or are you just going off on your visceral and personal anti-Santos kick again?

Here's the truth!

Santos and DArco dragged out the settlement with the Fire Officers so long that it was finally settled by a State arbitrator.

The settlement was finally reached not through smart collective bargining as the Santos spin would lead you to believe. A State appointed arbitrator studied the case and rendered his decision.

Being faced with the arbitrator's decision and not having the means to pay. Santos and DArco were forced to buy some time. They did this by giving more to the Officers just to spreads out the payments.

Have they learned their lesson? let's watch what happens with future contrcts.

Again we the Kearny taxpayers are footing the bills for the arrogance of these two people and pay we will!

Why, can't the elected Council of the Town Of Kearny stand up and tell Santos and DArco enough is enough!

Here's the truth! 

Santos and DArco dragged out the settlement with the Fire Officers so long that it was finally settled by a State arbitrator.

The settlement was finally reached not through smart collective bargining as the Santos spin would lead you to believe. A State appointed arbitrator studied the case and rendered his decision.

Being faced with the arbitrator's decision and not having the means to pay. Santos and DArco were forced to buy some time. They did this by giving more to the Officers just to spreads out the payments.

Have they learned their lesson? let's watch what happens with future contrcts.

Again we the Kearny taxpayers are footing the bills for the arrogance of these two people and pay we will!

Why, can't the elected Council of the Town Of Kearny stand up and tell Santos and DArco enough is enough!

It is simple. The blame lies with the Town Council.

They are all afraid of Santos. Santos stands by D'Arco no matter what it costs the taxpayers. Therefore we pay the price. This will continue until the council finds the courage to tell Santos enough is enough. we can only hope that this takes place soon.

It is simple. The blame lies with the Town Council.

They are all afraid of Santos. Santos stands by D'Arco no matter what it costs the taxpayers. Therefore we pay the price. This will continue until the council finds the courage to tell Santos enough is enough. we can only hope that this takes place soon.

Do Mike Landy and Dave Krusznis know that they're afraid of Mayor Santos? If not, whose gonna volunteer to tell them?

P.S. The Grey Panther raised seven children. (Some of them are older than Al Santos.) I doubt there is much that would scare her!

Archived