YARD SALE

Guest Guest

I understand the bake sale, but a yard sale? What sort of things does a high school have to sell along those lines? Do you know?

Donated items from friends and family. Anyone interested in the school making a buck. We did it every year in the town we moved from. You would be surprised at the amount of items collected. We turned a very nice profit from folks castoffs -every time.

I understand the bake sale, but a yard sale? What sort of things does a high school have to sell along those lines? Do you know?

Families donate their stuff to the yard sale instead of throwing it in the trash. "One mans junk is another mans treasure"

Interesting...of course, now it's long over, so the information's usefulness is limited. :P

Does anyone know how much the school raised?

68322[/snapback]

You of all people know how long it takes for the moderator to post these replies, yet, you posted your question on the day of the yard sale, so, I thought your question was sincere. I knew the answer, I thought you would like to know for future references (knowing that it's usefulness would be limited).

Here is more info you might be interested in, the high school organization who had the yard sale where the students from the "Student Government"

As for how much they raised, I don't know, but, sincerely would like to know.

You of all people know how long it takes for the moderator to post these replies, yet, you posted your question on the day of the yard sale, so, I thought your question was sincere.

It was--I simply 'reached' the topic late. I'm not blaming anyone else for that; at least now I know.

I knew the answer, I thought you would like to know for future references (knowing that it's usefulness would be limited).

Exactly. :P

Here is more info you might be interested in, the high school organization who had the yard sale where the students from the "Student Government"

The SGA, you mean?

As for how much they raised, I don't know, but, sincerely would like to know.

68402[/snapback]

Well, now there's two of us. Maybe someone can tell us.

This sale has run every year for the past 5 years. The four years prior it benefitted the Class of 2007. The Student Governement Association assumed the sale this year and will continue to hold the sale every fall. The SGA raises its own money to support school spirit and promote the idea of "students serving students" There are currently 100 members of the student Government who meet every thursday at 7:45 am in the auditorium. They are a hard working group of students.

On friday night Sept 28th the students waited at Roosevelt school from 7-9 to accept donations, check the working order of the items and to categorize the items. The arrived at 7am on Saturday the 29th and began to set up the yard sale.The students made 350 dollars. They donated all clothing, shoes, pocketbooks, and other items that were "donate-able" at the end of the sale.

Hope this answers all the questions posed!

This sale has run every year for the past 5 years. The four years prior it benefitted the Class of 2007. The Student Governement Association assumed the sale this year and will continue to hold the sale every fall. The SGA raises its own money to support school spirit and promote the idea of "students serving students" There are currently 100 members of the student Government who meet every thursday at 7:45 am in the auditorium. They are a hard working group of students.

On friday night Sept 28th the students waited at Roosevelt school from 7-9 to accept donations, check the working order of the items and to categorize the items. The arrived at 7am on Saturday the 29th and began to set up the yard sale.The students made 350 dollars. They donated all clothing, shoes, pocketbooks, and other items that were "donate-able" at the end of the sale.

Hope this answers all the questions posed!

68441[/snapback]

Aren't they a fantastic bunch of kids! Next year, please post the event earlier, I wouldn't mind donating and stopping by to see what treasures I might find. Job well done to all involved, and good luck next year.