Today's Observer says.....

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

The HCIA is beginning to sell bonds for the stadium construction. At the end of the article it states that 3 million is expected in local and tax revenues. According to my math, most of that will go toward the interest payments on the $40,000,000. the town is borrowing in this fiasco. Throw in the additional police and fire costs, sanitation and sewage charges and it appears the town will be losing money. And that's not considering any payment toward the principle of the 40 million.

Makes me wonder if the town council considered any of this before they gave their automatic yes vote.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Harrison Knight

We do all remember that the town OWNS the stadium, right?

We also know that the town has retained the NAMING RIGHTS to the stadium?

Oh, and the developer will be finding a sponsor to purchase those naming rights for far more than the debt service on the bonding will cost the town?

No, nevermind. Why would anyone want to remember that when we can just bash the whole stadium idea based on lies and innuendo?

Guest 2smart4u
We do all remember that the town OWNS the stadium, right?

We also know that the town has retained the NAMING RIGHTS to the stadium?

Oh, and the developer will be finding a sponsor to purchase those naming rights for far more than the debt service on the bonding will cost the town?

No, nevermind. Why would anyone want to remember that when we can just bash the whole stadium idea based on lies and innuendo?

You must be a town councilman, because you're full of s-it, with all due respect. First of all, naming rights means squat. It doesn't make the town any money, so what.

The developer will not find any sponsor of any notoriety to purchase the "naming rights". That's just BS. Stadiums that size are a dime a dozen, and none have corporate names.

The debt service on the stadium bond will be between 1.6 million and 2 million a year (my calculations). If you think there's a corporation out there waiting to pay that kind of money to put their name on the wall, you're drinking too much Kool-aid. And NO, we don't bash the stadium project based on lies and innuendo. We bash it on the fact that the town is too small and too over-crowded and too much in need of so many more important things. To put the taxpayers on the hook for 40 million dollars when we're already paying high taxes, when we don't have enough recreation facilities for our kids, when our schools are over-crowded, when our police dept is under-manned and under-equipped, is just irresponsible and illogical. You also conveniently left out the fact that the MetroStars keep ALL the profits from ALL the events held there. Why don't you tell us again what a great deal we're getting.

Guest outsider

what other things would the Harrison need - if the existing redevelopment plans did not exist, seriously, just interested in your responses....

new schools

parks

new / more housing - who are the parties interested

jobs - ???what kinds

what could make Harrison better...

Guest 2smart4u
"Founder" ??  You need to look up the definition.

I really don't think Frank E. Rodgers would want his name associated with this stadium. I sure he would have known Harrison is not the town for this project, especially with the financial arrangements that were agreed upon.

Guest Rodgers Supporter

Frank Rodgers would have never let a developer tear down JFK Stadium. Rodgers built the stadium. Rodgers would have also never cut such a bad deal for the taxpayers on the MetroStar stadium. But what can you expect from a plumber and his whats in it for me assistant? Rodgers has been turning over in his grave with all that is happening in town.

Frank Rodgers would have never let a developer tear down JFK Stadium.  Rodgers built the stadium.  Rodgers would have also never cut such a bad deal for the taxpayers on the MetroStar stadium.  But what can you expect from a plumber and his whats in it for me assistant?  Rodgers has been turning over in his grave with all that is happening in town.

Yeah, Rodgers really had Harrison on the cutting edge. :angry:

Give me Apples anytime.

Archived