JFK STADIUM

Guest TBA Harrison

Guest TBA Harrison
1999/10/04 Jersey Journal

Mon Pg 10, 196 words 

Harrison OKs $3M in funds for JFK Stadium sale 

William Pena, Journal staff writer

... - A $3.5 million bond ordinance for the sale of John F. Kennedy Stadium from the town to the Board of Education was approved unanimously Friday evening at a special municipal meeting. No members of the public spoke out concerning the matter. Even though the school board is purchasing the stadium, it is the town that is financing the sale because the board cannot is sue bonds since its members are appointed, not elected. According to town Chief Fi nance Officer Elizabeth Higgins,...

Elizabeth Higgins, lets keep it all in the family

Guest Angry Taxpayer
Elizabeth Higgins, lets keep it all in the family[/b]

I've checked around and found that EVERY town and city I inquired about requires a Masters Degree in Finance for the position of "Chief Financial Officer". My question is; what are Elizabeth Higgins qualifications ??

Guest Guest_Harrisonian_*

This is an interesting article about South Boston and Soccer, of particular interest is the analysis of the parking problems, traffic and revenue.

The folks in South Boston including the politicans stood up to the developers because their plan made no sense. Why have the Harrison politicans sold out the residents? The math simply makes no sense. Acting Governor Codey should also be ashamed of himself for falling into the trap of going along with the plan. Governor you stopped it once, please intervene this makes absolutely no financial sense for the Town of Harrison and has all the ingredients for disaster.

http://revsnet.matchnight.com/default.cfm?...RTICLE&show=450

Guest Angry Taxpayer
This is an interesting article about South Boston and Soccer, of particular interest is the analysis of the parking problems, traffic and revenue.

The folks in South Boston including the politicans stood up to the developers because their plan made no sense.  Why have the Harrison politicans sold out the residents?  The math simply makes no sense.  Acting Governor Codey should also be ashamed of himself for falling into the trap of going along with  the plan.  Governor you stopped it once, please intervene this makes absolutely no financial sense for the Town of Harrison and has all the ingredients for disaster.

http://revsnet.matchnight.com/default.cfm?...RTICLE&show=450

I'm afraid it's about 6 months too late for our "actor" govenor to do anything, the rats have taken over the house.

I'm afraid it's about 6 months too late for our "actor" govenor to do anything, the rats have taken over the house.
The only way to make a difference is to contact the politicians from high to low. Congressmen, Assemblymen, I have a list on my topic. You people like to complain, but do nothing about it. Write an e-mail, call, stress your opinion. Get people involved. Go to town meetings and show your face. PLEASE, AS A HARRISON RESIDENT MYSELF, I BEG OF YOU TO TRY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Archived