NY Slimes

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

That bastion of the LoonyLeft, the NY Slimes is on the skids.

5 years ago their stock sold for $52. Today they closed at $20. Readership

is way down, people are wising up to the left-wing biased reporting they're

famous for. MoveOn will have to come up with a whole lot of anti-american

ads to keep the Slimes in business.

5 years ago their stock sold for $52.  Today they closed at $20.  Readership

Yeah, guess there ain't many NeoCons that'll get a newspaper with no comics in it, there'd be nothing of interest to them. It's soooooooooo much easier to just click on FAUX NOISE, we don't need no steenking facts!

Talk all you want. But one day of their income is more than you'll make your whole life.

You post here because you want your opinion read. Maybe 50 to 100 people read you and a few may actually agree with you.

When someone writes an editorial or commentary for the the NY Times, it is read by milions. :P

Guest 2smart4u
Talk all you want. But one day of their income is more than you'll make your whole life.

If that were true, The Slimes would be the most successful newspaper in

the U.S. You don't know me but you would do well to make my money. I'm a

very successful Republican.

If that were true, The Slimes would be the most successful newspaper in

the U.S.  You don't know me but you would do well to make my money. I'm a

very successful Republican.

Oh, please. You can't read, you make juvenile remarks constantly, you distort other people's views, and you can't make your point with any eloquence whatsoever. What business could you possibly be a success....

wait a minute...

:angry::angry::angry:

omigod...

2smart4uPatriotSeniorKearnyResident is George W. Bush! Now it all makes sense!

:angry::P:D

Guest 2smart4u
You post here because you want your opinion read. Maybe 50 to 100 people read you and a few may actually agree with you.

When someone writes an editorial or commentary for the the NY Times, it is read by milions. :angry:

Before too long that number will be down to the thousands. BTW, there's 2 L's in

millions.

Guest a proud american

In the interest of fairness, since 2dim wants people to believe that the New York Times is failing, I checked the stock price of the great bastion of the right, News Corp. which is owned by Rupert the right.

As of friday's closing the New York Times closed at $19.81 and News Corp. closed at $22.15. Since as far as I know the New York Times is only one newspaper and not part of a chain, as is news corp. you would think that since people like 2dim only read quality papers like the New York Post the stock would be much higher. In fact, the 52 week high for both companies are almost equal.

Sorry 2dim, you failed again or as most people would say as usual. However in fairness there is a $2.34 cent difference in the price. But lets see what the price is in say 6 months after the Wall Street Journal that was just bought by News Corp is remade in Rupert's image is then. However, with all of the papers he owns and the tv networks a $2.34 difference?

In the interest of fairness, since 2dim wants people to believe that the New York Times is failing, I checked the stock price of the great bastion of the right, News Corp. which is owned by Rupert the right.

As of friday's closing the New York Times closed at $19.81 and News Corp. closed at $22.15. Since as far as I know the New York Times is only one newspaper and not part of a chain, as is news corp. you would think that since people like 2dim only read quality papers like the New York Post the stock would be much higher. In fact, the 52 week high for both companies are almost equal.

Sorry 2dim, you failed again or as most people would say as usual. However in fairness there is a $2.34 cent difference in the price. But lets see what the price is in say 6 months after the Wall Street Journal that was just bought by News Corp is remade in Rupert's image is then. However, with all of the papers he owns and the tv networks a $2.34 difference?

Ah, dude... I'm no financial expert myself, but I do know that share price all by itself doesn't tell you what a company is worth, or how well it is performing. To know what it's worth, you'd have to also consider how many shares there are, not just what each one costs. The result (shares * price) is called market capitalization, or sometimes "market cap" for short. A company with 1 million shares at 100$ per share would have the same market cap as one with 10 million shares at 10$. But, though it tells you more than share price alone, a single snapshot of market cap alone would still not tell you about a company's performance. For that, you have to look at trends, (the trend in share price being one). And to do it right, you have to consider other data like P/E ratio, and harder to quantify information like acquisitions, investment in R&D, sustainability of the business plan, impact of cultural and political trends, etc. It's horrendously complex and inexact. Sort of like weather forecasting.

Oh, please. You can't read, you make juvenile remarks constantly, you distort other people's views, and you can't make your point with any eloquence whatsoever. What business could you possibly be a success....

He said he was a very successful Redumblican, you just listed most of the qualifiers for that title.

Are you retarded ?? I said the NY Slimes is down to $20. a share. You

confirmed they closed at $19.81 on Friday. Google will tell you it was selling

at $50. a share in 2003. Hello !! Is there a comprehension issue ?(pretty much

like the NY Slimes).

Guest SmartEnough

Newspapers have a bias in their editorials, but not in their news coverage. Neither the New York Times (and their liberal editorials) nor the Wall Street Journal (with their arch-conservative editorials) compromises their news coverage. Can you even point to ANY news story where that biased reporting has happened (with either paper)?

As to Move.On, they paid for an ad (it appears at the standby rate rather than the higher assured publication rate). The Times also publishes ads for right-wing causes including the NRA. I still think Move.On has a ways to go before it's in the Ann Coulter-league of slime.

As to profits, have you noticed that all newspaper readership is on a downward trend except for USA Today? Have you noticed that citizens are increasingly getting news from the web, not print? IHere's a thumbnail of where the Times stands:

The Times saw a decrease in readership from 1,142,464 in 2006 to 1,120,420 in 2007, but managed to retain its place as the third most circulated in the U.S. Times Co. execs predict an online revenue growth of about $350 million in 2007.

Guest a proud american
Are you retarded ?? I said the NY Slimes is down to $20. a share. You

confirmed they closed at $19.81 on Friday.  Google will tell you it was selling

at $50. a share in 2003.  Hello !!  Is there a comprehension issue ?(pretty much

like the NY Slimes).

I believe that 2dim was attempting to make it sound like the New York Times was about to collapse because of its stock price. I wanted to point out that the great News Corp. stock was trading slightly higher. There is no comprehension problem. Stocks rise and fall and comparing two companies with similar interests was my point.

However, with as many entities that Rupert the right owns, you would think the News Corp. stock would trade much higher.

I believe that 2dim was attempting to make it sound like the New York Times was about to collapse because of its stock price. I wanted to point out that the great News Corp. stock was trading slightly higher. There is no comprehension problem. Stocks rise and fall and comparing two companies with similar interests was my point.

However, with as many entities that Rupert the right owns, you would think the News Corp. stock would trade much higher.

And let's not forget that Rupert intentionally slanted his news divisions in favor of going to war. I think "News Corp." is very inaccurate. I believe the more appropriate title would be "FOX Ministry of Propaganda"