SANTOS AND TORRES MUST STEP DOWN

Guest BERT DIAZ PUBLIC SCHOOL PRINCIPA

Last night while attending the HUDSON COUNTY SUPERPOWER, Senator and Mayor of North Bergen, Nicholas Sacco's celebration, we came to the realization that Mayor Santos and Mary Torres MUST step down.Santos and Torres made a big mistake implicating Mr. Sacco with the corruption that was going on a few years ago in Hudson County where it ended up with the indictment of many Hudson County Politicians.Although, their lies about Mr. Sacco helped them win the Mayoral election and also win every seat on the Town Council, it created wounds throughout the Hudson County Democratic Power Machine that can only be healed through the resignation of Mayor Santos and Mary Torres. As long as Mayor Santos and Mary Torres remain in office our assistance from the Hudson County Democratic Party will be very minimal at best.Thus our Taxes will continue to soar.FOR THE GOOD OF THE ORDER, SANTOS AND MARY TORRES MUST STEP DOWN AND CAROL JEAN DOYLE MUST ASSUME THE POSITION OF MAYOR.Ex- Governor Mc Greevy did it for the good of his order, now Mayor Santos and Mary Torres must do likewise.THOSE ARE THE BRUTAL FACTS of why our taxes are out of control.MAYOR SANTOS AND MARY TORRES DO THE RIGHT THING AND LET CAROL JEAN DOYLE TAKE OVER!!!!!!!

Guest Old Hudson
Last night while attending the HUDSON COUNTY SUPERPOWER, Senator and Mayor of North Bergen, Nicholas Sacco's celebration, we came to the realization that Mayor Santos and Mary Torres MUST step down.Santos and Torres made a big mistake implicating Mr. Sacco with the corruption that was going on a few years ago in Hudson County where it ended up with the indictment of many Hudson County Politicians.Although, their lies about Mr. Sacco helped them win the Mayoral election and also win every seat on the Town Council, it created wounds throughout the Hudson County Democratic Power Machine that can only be healed through the resignation of Mayor Santos and Mary Torres. As long as Mayor Santos and Mary Torres remain in office our assistance from the Hudson County Democratic Party will be very minimal at best.Thus our Taxes will continue to soar.FOR THE GOOD OF THE ORDER, SANTOS AND MARY TORRES MUST STEP DOWN AND CAROL JEAN DOYLE MUST ASSUME THE POSITION OF MAYOR.Ex- Governor Mc Greevy did it for the good of his order, now Mayor Santos and Mary Torres must do likewise.THOSE ARE THE BRUTAL FACTS of why our taxes are out of control.MAYOR SANTOS AND MARY TORRES DO THE RIGHT THING AND LET CAROL JEAN DOYLE TAKE OVER!!!!!!!

We should be ashamed of ourselves. Our town is out of control we're not getting the votes. We have to ask why?

All the people who are complaining can't be wrong. Some maybe but not all.

The County leaders have to take a trip over here get the people involved together and settle things. We're eating ourselves up

We have to get it together and win this dam election.

The mayor should call Sacco up invite him over and sit down with the people and get it out and over. While there is still time to get some votes. That is what it all is about.

Gee, I'm sure that Carol Jean Doyle will be just thrilled to hear she has the backing of Bert (The Political Pariah) Diaz.

By the way, Bert, who is the "we" who came to this realization? You and the Senator, or you and the voices in your head?

GOOD Choice.

Guest guestimate

By getting in bed with Sacco, you are ensuring that Sanots and gang will remain in power. You are a bigger fool than I ever thought (and that is saying something).

I expect that we should be hearing from Carol Jean, denouncing any affiliation with Diaz and Sacco. If not, she has lost this third warder's vote.

Bert, don't you realize that, at this point, the only way you can get someone out of office is by showing your support for them?

I said it before, and I'll say it again.

BERT DIAZ AND THE SILENT MAJORITY ARE ONE IN THE SAME

I wonder how many other names he post's under,

Bert, face it, you're an idiot, now move along !!!!

Make no mistake- I ALWAYS post only as Bert Diaz. I don't run and I don't hide- never did and never will. On the other hand, GUEST, you always post under an alias... what does that say about YOUR character?

Mark my words- Mr. Santos will not make it to the end of the four years as mayor. The political powers in the town council are IMPLODING even as we speak. They are divided- Barbara Sherri Ciffelli has loyal protection for Al Santos, but discerning council members know that FOR THE GOOD OF THE ORDER, Mr. Santos must step down. The reason our taxes are so high in Kearny is because Santos is literally the "skunk" at the democratic party in New Jersey. All the democratic powers that be in the state of New Jersey are pushing him aside as a leader. They see Carol Jean Doyle as the rightful heir to the throne. Why? BECAUSE AL SANTOS HAD NO BUSINESS OR RIGHT TO CHALLENGE SENATOR NICHOLAS SACCO FOR THE SEAT AT THE SENATE. Al Santos never was, or never will be in the same league as Senator Sacco. In order for Kearny to be embraced once again by the democratic fold in Hudson County and in the state of New Jersey, Al Santos and Mary Torres must step down. McGreevey did it, why not them?

CAROL JEAN DOYLE FOR MAYOR!!!

Guest Outcast
Gee, I'm sure that Carol Jean Doyle will be just thrilled to hear she has the backing of Bert (The Political Pariah) Diaz.

By the way, Bert, who is the "we" who came to this realization? You and the Senator, or you and the voices in your head?

Bert, you're wasting your time trying to blow smoke up Carol's butt. She knows what you're about! That's why she and Barbara blew you off when you tried to start talking your B.S. at Sacco's dinner the other night to them. The same way

that Sacco blew you off when you introduced yourself to him and thanked him for

hiring your wife in the North Bergen school system. I hoped you thanked Jim Mangin for that favor also, you know the carrot that Jim threw you to draw you over to his side. You're not kidding anyone. That's why you're supporting Mangin. It's all about what you can get for you. If someone doesn't do for you, then they are no good. (i.e. Mary Torres, Dave Stevenson, Al Santos)

You trash good people. Get some morals!

***By the way, I witnessed it first hand at the dinner.

Bert, you're wasting your time trying to blow smoke up Carol's butt.  She knows what you're about!  That's why she and Barbara blew you off when you tried to start talking your B.S. at Sacco's dinner the other night to them.  The same way

hiring your wife in the North Bergen school system.  I hoped you thanked Jim Mangin for that favor also, you know the carrot that Jim threw you to draw you over to his side.  You're not kidding anyone.  That's why you're supporting Mangin.  It's all about what you can get for you.  If someone doesn't do for you, then they are no good.  (i.e. Mary Torres, Dave Stevenson, Al Santos)

You trash good people.  Get some morals!

What favor did I do for Bert Diaz? I'm stumped.

Jim Mangin

Guest Hudsonite

Bert is way out of his league. Does he really think he can play with Nick Sacco? Sacco could care less about Diaz. He honestly thinks Diaz has serious dysfunctional issues.

No matter how much Sacco despises Santos & Co, he will not forge an alliance with Diaz.

The other funny thing is that Diaz was recently heard badmouthing *** ********, ****** ****** ******** and I'm sure if you look through the reply records on this site, you could probably find some of these statements and yet, now - he wants to have Carol Doyle as mayor???!!!

I feel sorry for *** ******** ** * *** ******. If he acts in the same manner in which he posts, ***** *********.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Bert, you're wasting your time trying to blow smoke up Carol's butt.  She knows what you're about!  That's why she and Barbara blew you off when you tried to start talking your B.S. at Sacco's dinner the other night to them.  The same way

hiring your wife in the North Bergen school system.  I hoped you thanked Jim Mangin for that favor also, you know the carrot that Jim threw you to draw you over to his side.  You're not kidding anyone.  That's why you're supporting Mangin.  It's all about what you can get for you.  If someone doesn't do for you, then they are no good.  (i.e. Mary Torres, Dave Stevenson, Al Santos)

Hey Mayor Santos now you are using your correct alias "OUTCAST" because that is exactly what you are, an OUTCAST in the The NJ Democratic Machine.This is WHY our Taxes are so High in the Town of Kearny.They want you and Mary Torres out and the Democratic Powers in Hudson County and in the State of NJ are squeezing so hard that the Town Council, your own people are IMPLODING from within. Hey Mayor Santos,it has happen before in the History of Polictics when one party, in this case, the Democrats, have full CONTROL. The erosion begins slowly but surely from within and you will NOT SURVIVE the four years. For clarification, you are correct, I would prefer Jim Mangin for Mayor but I know from the inside, that the plan is to overthrow, actually just throw you and Mary Torres out the door. Carol Jean Dolye is waiting in the wings.Mayor Santos Your Mantra for this year is.... IMPLOSION<IMPLOSION<IMPLOSION.YOU ARE BEING CASTOUT OUT FROM WITHIN YOUR OWN CIRCLE RATHER THAN VOTED OUT FROM THE PUBLIC AT THE POLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Barbara Sherry Ciffelli still likes you but she will slowly but surely begin to see the light.Bye Bye Mayor. Hey!!! it happened to ex GOVERNOR McGreevey so you are in good company. By the way, how did you like my poem to the tune of "Mr. Sandman( "ODE TO SANTOS AND TORRES") on the website???

Guest Mr. Babyface

Hmmmmm. All i have to say is.... WAAHHH wAHHH. Mommy Bert made me look bad. WAAAH WAAH. I want to FLAME FLAME FLAME. GET IN TO THE ISSUES AND MAYBE PEOPLE WILL RESPOND. K? Thanks! Bye.

This makes no sense. Torres, Stevenson, Santos all backed Diaz. What made them change their mind? They sound like they only want people for what they can do for them. Morals???? In my opinion, Diaz, Torres, Stevenson, Santos are all exactly alike. All selfish. All for themselves only. They back each other when it helps them then stab each other in the back.

On the other hand I must applaud Mayor Santos for bucking the Hudson County Political machine. He's done a great job without them. He tried to run for the Senate because that's how he could do much more for our town. Sacco can take a walk! He doesn't even put signs up around Kearny at election time to let people here know he's running. Want to know why? He could care less about us. All he's in it for is his town of North Bergen. He's supposed to represent all of us. When's the last time you heard anything from Sacco? Another thing, you look like a jerk when you said "McGreevey did it." McGreevey left office in disgrace. Our mayor has nothing to be disgrace about. This town hasn't seen so many improvements for at least the last ten mayors put together! Go away, Bert. Don't you have some principal work you should be doing?

Guest CornProducts

Dear Norbert,

I got a good laugh by you calling Senator Sacco the Superpower.

Here's the last year's track record of Senator Sacco and Mayor Santos:

Did you know that Sacco helped Santos and Kearny get an additional half million of State aid last November?

Did you know that Sacco co-sponsored the legislation that changed the Mayor's term of office in Kearny from two years to four years? Did you know he got the Governor to sign the bill just in time so that it applies to Santos's re-election this year?

Did you know that Santos was offered a County position for which there was a line of applicants even though Santos didn't apply?

Did it bother that Sacco personally welcomed the Kearny delegation to his North Bergen event?

Either you're in serious denial or it must be killing you -- I mean really killing you -- that you might have to be nice to Santos since your wife works for Sacco. Stirring it up is your last hope before reality sets in.

As to your Kearny political advice as to who should be Mayor, you were one of the biggest chearleaders for Santos in 2001. That was when you wanted to be principal of Washington and you thought that was your ticket in. When you were fired, you turned on Santos and Torres. Are we to take political advice from you when it's entirely based on who you and your wife are getting your pay checks from?

Norbert, get a grip on reality.

Sincerely,

CornProducts

Guest Curious
Hey Mayor Santos now you are using your correct alias "OUTCAST" because that is exactly what you are, an OUTCAST in the The NJ Democratic Machine.This is WHY our Taxes are so High in the Town of Kearny.They want you and Mary Torres out and the Democratic Powers in Hudson County and in the State of NJ are squeezing so hard that the Town Council, your own people are IMPLODING from within. Hey Mayor Santos,it has happen before in the History of Polictics when one party, in this case, the Democrats, have full CONTROL. The erosion begins slowly but surely from within and you will NOT SURVIVE the four years. For clarification, you are correct, I would prefer Jim Mangin for Mayor but I know from the inside, that the plan is to overthrow, actually just throw you and Mary Torres out the door. Carol Jean Dolye is waiting in the wings.Mayor Santos Your Mantra  for this year is.... IMPLOSION<IMPLOSION<IMPLOSION.YOU ARE BEING CASTOUT OUT FROM WITHIN YOUR OWN CIRCLE RATHER THAN VOTED OUT FROM THE PUBLIC AT THE POLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Barbara Sherry Ciffelli still likes you but she will slowly but surely begin to see the light.Bye Bye Mayor. Hey!!! it happened to ex GOVERNOR McGreevey so you are in good company. By the way, how did you like my poem to the tune of "Mr. Sandman( "ODE TO SANTOS AND TORRES") on the website???

We should all know better than to pay any attention to your ramblings.  It just seems to encourage you to come up with more and more bizarre prognostications.  (That means predictions, and you make so many of them I'm starting to think you should pick up yet another side job by reading palms)  You're not clairvoyant, Bert, and you're not savvy enough to play with the big boys.  I think you're being used as a "tool", and I mean that in every connotation possible.  What are "they" promising you now?  Because no one could possibly believe that you don't have a vested interest in all this.  That just wouldn't be you, would it?

Guest Knowing
On the other hand I must applaud Mayor Santos for bucking the Hudson County Political machine. He's done a great job without them. He tried to run for the Senate because that's how he could do much more for our town.  Sacco can take a walk! He doesn't even put signs up around Kearny at election time to let people here know he's running. Want to know why? He could care less about us. All he's in it for is his town of North Bergen. He's supposed to represent all of us. When's the last time you heard anything from Sacco?  Another thing, you look like a jerk when you said "McGreevey did it."  McGreevey left office in disgrace. Our mayor has nothing to be disgrace about.  This town hasn't seen so many improvements for at least the last ten mayors put together! Go away, Bert.  Don't you have some principal work you should be doing?

There's a few things I disagree on. Santos ran for 2nd ward councilman when he lived in the 3rd ward. He used his mother's address and no one could prove it. The ink wasn't dry on that election return and he ran for mayor and the ink wasn't dry on that election return and he wanted to run for senate despite someone from his own party holding that seat. Just no respect, that's just not the way it's done. Get the picture? He could care less about us. He's ambitious, (don't try to convince me it was for Kearny's good because all he did was insult a strong member of his own party). There is an uneasy relationship between them, but hell, the senator doesn't need Santos, but Santos will need the senator if he wants to be clerk to the Freeholders. (Or is that for Kearny's good also?) As for election signs, all the other Hudson town leaders provide sign locations to members of their own party who are running county wide. The lack of Sacco signs just points to the lack of leadership by Santos, both as mayor and as chairman of the the Kearny local democratic party. This has not helped Kearny either. As far being better than the last 10 mayors, you must be a newcomer. I do agree Bert should go away.

There's a few things I disagree on. Santos ran for 2nd ward councilman when he lived in the 3rd ward. He used his mother's address and no one could prove it. The ink wasn't dry on that election return and he ran for mayor and the ink wasn't dry on that election return and he wanted to run for senate despite someone from his own party holding that seat. Just no respect, that's just not the way it's done. Get the picture? He could care less about us.  He's ambitious, (don't try to convince me it was for Kearny's good because all he did was insult a strong member of his own party).  There is an uneasy relationship between them, but hell, the senator doesn't need Santos, but Santos will need the senator if he wants to be clerk to the Freeholders.  (Or is that for Kearny's good also?)  As for election signs, all the other Hudson town leaders provide sign locations to members of their own party who are running county wide. The lack of Sacco signs just points to the lack of leadership by Santos, both as mayor and as chairman of the the Kearny local democratic party.  This has not helped Kearny either.  As far being better than the last 10 mayors, you must be a newcomer.  I do agree Bert should go away.

I am NOT going anywhere and if anybody believes Mayor Santos will complete the four years in office without being "nudged out" by his own people we have a BIG Bridge for sale in Kearny.Take a look at the FACTS. Mayor Santos for the first time in years got a full time job as a County Clerk. Mayor Santos is back in Grad School studying, of all things, TAX LAW. Does anyone feel a" I AM PASSING THE MANTLE" SPEECH COMING ON? The speech is probably already written...Four more years? even some of his own people want him out...Carol Jean Dolye is waiting in the wings.

There's a few things I disagree on. Santos ran for 2nd ward councilman when he lived in the 3rd ward. He used his mother's address and no one could prove it. The ink wasn't dry on that election return and he ran for mayor and the ink wasn't dry on that election return and he wanted to run for senate despite someone from his own party holding that seat. Just no respect, that's just not the way it's done.

Pray tell. Do you remember how Nick Sacco got to be State Senator Sacco? He ran for councilman, ran for mayor and then ran for state senator against Tom Cowan, "someone from his own party holding the seat." And all the while, holding a position with the North Bergen Board of Ed. When did it become "just not the way it's done"? After Nick did it?

I certainly don't begrudge Nick Sacco anything. I happen to think he does a good job, but why does he hold the patent on ambition?

Why won't you guys accept the fact that there is a peace, albeit tenuous right now, between these two? Otherwise why would Sacco have been the gushy speaker at Santos' fundraiser; and why would he have sponsored the legislation designed specifically to give Santos & Co. four year terms? Sounds like a peace offering to me!

Guest Knowing
Pray tell. Do you remember how Nick Sacco got to be State Senator Sacco? He ran for councilman, ran for mayor and then ran for state senator against Tom Cowan, "someone from his own party holding the seat." And all the while, holding a position with the North Bergen Board of Ed. When did it become "just not the way it's done"? After Nick did it?

I certainly don't begrudge Nick Sacco anything. I happen to think he does a good job, but why does he hold the patent on ambition?

Why won't you guys accept the fact that there is a peace, albeit tenuous right now, between these two? Otherwise why would Sacco have been the gushy speaker at Santos' fundraiser; and why would he have sponsored the legislation designed specifically to give Santos & Co. four year terms? Sounds like a peace offering to me!

I know better and accept thre is a tenuous peace so please do not put me in the "you guys" category. That peace exists because Santos won, Cunningham died and Nick is good at what he does. He does not need Santos, does not rely on him for votes and just accepts Santos exists and as long as Al behaves, no problem from Nick. And no, Sacco doesn't hold a patent on ambition, he's smarter than Al and more likable but I am happy Al has become a team player so pull in your whatever.

Guest Kidding?
I am NOT going anywhere and if anybody believes Mayor Santos will complete the four years in office without being "nudged out" by his own people we have a BIG Bridge for sale in Kearny.Take a look at the FACTS. Mayor Santos for the first time in years got a full time job as a County Clerk. Mayor Santos is back in Grad School studying, of all things, TAX LAW. Does anyone feel a" I AM PASSING THE MANTLE" SPEECH COMING ON? The speech is probably already written...Four more years? even some of his own people want him out...Carol Jean Dolye is waiting in the wings.

Doyle in the wings, right, that's where she should stay too.

Guest Knowing

By the way, the 4 year term was to help Guttenberg which was more important than hurting Santos.....smart

By the way, the 4 year term was to help Guttenberg which was more important than hurting Santos.....smart

BTW: Kearny was purposely omitted from the previous legislation, a few years ago, dealing with this issue; and could have been omitted again, but wasn't. So why now? Like I said before--a peace offering. Smart...very smart!

Archived