Parade

Guest So many questions

Guest So many questions

If the town cannot afford to have a parade, how do they afford the event they host in the library park for halloween?? Doesnt that cost money too?? I know for a fact that it does. Maybe if the town didnt cut ties with Supor we would have our well missed parade. When Mr. Rodgers was the mayor, Harrison had a name for itself. When McDonough is mayor, Harrison is off the map. So bad, so sad, yet so true.. Bring the parade back to town, and let Harrison become Number 1!!

Guest Good ole days

I remember when I was in grammar school I couldn't wait for the Halloween parade to take place. It's a fond memory of my childhood in Harrison. The town was good back then and they did a lot for the community. It's a shame the parade no longer exists. Yes, the town does try to compensate in other ways (Harrison Fest) but nothing can take the place of the annual parade. That was for the children of all ages! In high school I loved working with my fellow classmates on our annual parade, keeping it a secret so the other classes wouldn't know what we were doing in the hopes that we out did them! We need that back! I say vote to bring back the parade

I remember when I was in grammar school I couldn't wait for the Halloween parade to take place.  It's a fond memory of my childhood in Harrison.  The town was good back then and they did a lot for the community.  It's a shame the parade no longer exists.  Yes, the town does try to compensate in other ways (Harrison Fest) but nothing can take the place of the annual parade.  That was for the children of all ages!  In high school I loved working with my fellow classmates on our annual parade, keeping it a secret so the other classes wouldn't know what we were doing in the hopes that we out did them!  We need that back!  I say vote to bring back the parade

BRING BACK THE PARADE

the town cannot afford a parade anymore because it would have to put all the signs in other languages.

I remember when I was in grammar school I couldn't wait for the Halloween parade to take place.  It's a fond memory of my childhood in Harrison.  The town was good back then and they did a lot for the community.  It's a shame the parade no longer exists.  Yes, the town does try to compensate in other ways (Harrison Fest) but nothing can take the place of the annual parade.  That was for the children of all ages!  In high school I loved working with my fellow classmates on our annual parade, keeping it a secret so the other classes wouldn't know what we were doing in the hopes that we out did them!  We need that back!  I say vote to bring back the parade

Guest Re-developer
I remember when I was in grammar school I couldn't wait for the Halloween parade to take place. It's a fond memory of my childhood in Harrison.
Did you have memories at JFK Stadium too? To bad! :lol::P:lol::blink::blink:

Guest Angry Taxpayer

The town can't afford to hold a Halloween Parade any more. After borrowing $40,000,000 for the soccer stadium, spending $600,000 for walking and bike paths, there's no money left.

Our police dept. is being downsized, they're cramed into the rear of town hall, lacking modern equipment, BUT, we're building a soccer stadium.

Our schools are overcrowded, BUT, we're building a soccer stadium.

Do you sense a trend here ?? The citizems of Harrison don't matter, building a monument (stadium) to the mayor is all that matters.

Archived