Oktoberfest

Guest Guest

I hope everyone will be at the Oktoberfest tomorrow.  It should be a good night.

Would of be nice if u posted when and where it is for everyone since your post says sept 30th and it shows up oct 1 , so who is to know ?

I hope everyone will be at the Oktoberfest tomorrow.  It should be a good night.

What a joke!!! Octoberfest is supposed to be a celebration of the German heritage.... Where was the brautworst, knockworst and German potato salad? The beer from the truck was warm, there was no soda available for the people who didn't buy the warm beer, nor were there bathroom facilities... Lets face it the Kof C, just can't compete with the Elks... Hats off to the Elks for allowing the people who did attend use their facilities, and at least buy a soda... Give Octoberfest back to the Elks, who obviously know how to run an affair!!!!!!

Guest shitkickin
What a joke!!!  Octoberfest is supposed to be a celebration of the German heritage.... Where was the brautworst, knockworst and German potato salad?  The beer from the truck was warm, there was no soda available for the people who didn't buy the warm beer, nor were there bathroom facilities...  Lets face it the  Kof C, just can't compete with the Elks...  Hats off to the Elks for allowing the people who did attend use their facilities, and at least buy a soda...  Give Octoberfest back to the Elks, who obviously know how to run an affair!!!!!!

thank you ***** ******* your criticism is very appreciated thank you asshole

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

What a joke!!!  Octoberfest is supposed to be a celebration of the German heritage.... Where was the brautworst, knockworst and German potato salad?  The beer from the truck was warm, there was no soda available for the people who didn't buy the warm beer, nor were there bathroom facilities...  Lets face it the  Kof C, just can't compete with the Elks...  Hats off to the Elks for allowing the people who did attend use their facilities, and at least buy a soda...  Give Octoberfest back to the Elks, who obviously know how to run an affair!!!!!!

Boo Hoo Hoo, lets everybody feel sorry for ******, the free food didn't meet with her dietary requirements.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

The Elks used to run the OKtober Fest? Go Figure the town screwed up the Harrison Fest, what were the Elks thinking of leting the town Screw of this one?

Sounds like someone was very mad about warm beer :lol:

At least they tried! If all you can do is complain about warm beer then I feel sorry for you that your life is that boring. Maybe next time you should VOLUNTEER to help at the fest and things will run smoother. Again, so sorry we didn't meet your expectations, we'll try harder next time just for you. Or like I said, you can do it and things will be just perfect I'm sure.

Spoken like a true Harrisonian. All you're concerned about is drinking beer and urinating.

Now go back to your hole before Apples comes in from East Newark and gives you the business! :lol:

Sounds like someone was very mad about warm beer  :lol:

The Town of Harrison should be ashamed. Where was the great Mayor, and Council? They should have been there for the evening. They want votes, they better start to look the other way. No one will be voting for them. Why was there items for sale? Is that allowed. Where was all the German Food and music? The Knights of Columbus DO NOT KNOW HOW TO RUN ANY AFFAIRS!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's face it the Elks did better.

let face it if the elks ran the party there would have been fights all over, like at the harrison fest.

What it really comes down to is , it's just one big excuse for people to come out and get drunk in public no matter who has it, the elks or k of c . next time they have something with beer involved just have it in front of the hpd so the arrests are easier :lol:

Guest Sick People

Are you kidding me! Give me a break the K of C running anything is a joke. The Elks is a better run organization and they are always donating to different charities. The only reason there are fights at the Harrison Fest is because of all the people that come from other towns (kids in general) that feel they can get away with anything. The people that run the Elks are very kind and generous to anyone that needs anything.

At least they tried!  If all you can do is complain about warm beer then I feel sorry for you that your life is that boring.  Maybe next time you should VOLUNTEER to help at the fest and things will run smoother.  Again, so sorry we didn't meet your expectations, we'll try harder next time just for you.  Or like I said, you can do it and things will be just perfect I'm sure.

;) I'm with you. Did it ever enter some minds that the event was not about warm beer, bathroom use, nor was it about which group would do a better job planning? Maybe, just maybe it was about a small town, that is constantly changing, getting out on a beautiful night and spending some leisure time with neighbors, friends, and perhaps getting to know some new residents. Some would rather belly ache about trivial nonsense. maybe they are not aware that cold beer can be purchased in Shop-Rite, and to really please many I'm sure, they might consume it in the perfect-ness of their own home.

Guest Harrison Resident
:(;) The Octoberfest was nice. It was great seeing people that you haven't seen in a while. It wasn't to get drunk it was to enjoy good music and see fellow town residents. Everything the Town has doesn't have to be a drunken party. Everyone forgets that it's just a night out to meet and greet people. That's what a community is - but everyone seems to forget that. Yes, the town has its problems, but so does every other town. I don't like everything that goes on in the town, but bashing everything is not helping either. I don't no what the answers are, but mostly everthing I read on this web site is not helping either.

Guest Harrison Knight

Let's address a number of issues here that so many people have gotten completely wrong.

First off, the Oktoberfest was run by the Town Council, and more specifically Councilman Pettigrew was in charge of the event. He was there from before it started until well after it was over.

As for the Mayor and Council, I recall seeing some of them present at the Oktoberfest. I know I saw McDounough, Pettigrew, Doran, and Mandaglio. No sign of Dan Kelly, amd MoDo spent the whole evening in the bar at the Elks.

The library was open for those who needed to use the restrooms. Amazing how most of the people figured this out - use the side door by the children's room! Not so amazing was that the town drunks all managed to stumble into the Elks to use the facilities there. Thank goodness for the HPD stopping traffic to let them stumble back and forth across Harrison Ave.!!

The K of C was given the opportunity by the town to run the food/drink concession. The Knights had no other involvement in the planning or running of the event. Give them credit because it's the first time the town even bothered to notice that any other organization other than the Elks even exists.

Every time the town runs an event, the Elks are always the only group offered any chance to do anything. Can't wait to see the VFW, the Lions, and other community groups get involved! I'm sure that any group would do better the 250th time that the town let them run the concessions!

As for the K of C's ability to run an event - join and volunteer, or shut up and keep your peace. If you can do better, go right ahead and do so.

Archived