Gulliani

Guest Keith,Marshall,Mo

Guest Keith,Marshall,Mo

I was watching the news editorials tonite about last nights GOP debate.

Gulliani was refered to on several occasions as the "hero of 9-11".

Can somebody please tell me exactly what he did to become a "hero"

of 9-11?

I don't understand where that label came from.

of 9-11?

Right after the attack, within a day or so, Giuliani went on camera and said that we would be OK. His tone was letter-perfect, and it was exactly the kind of assurance that everyone needed. It was a brilliant moment, sorely needed by nearly everyone, including me.

That said, it doesn't make him a hero, and it doesn't qualify him for the presidency. The ability to remain calm in a disaster, and to reassure people are important, but they're only two of many qualities that I would look for in a president.

Guest 2smart4u

of 9-11?

Let me guess, this is your way of saying you want the Billy & Hilliary Show back

in the white house. You sheep herders from Mo. are so easy to read.

of 9-11?

A lot of firemen think he was the disaster of 9/11

http://therealrudy.org/

of 9-11?

A lot of firemen think he was the disaster of 9/11

http://therealrudy.org/

of 9-11?

You have TV in Mo. ??

Guest Keith-Marshall,Mo

Dear 2smart and guest.

Back in 89 I spent about three months in your area. I was working in Nyack and staying in Suffern, NY. Did a lot of running around in NY and NJ.

It was a beautiful area and the folks were really cool.

So I ask you, what's your problem.

I asked a legitimate question because Rudy is not well known in the region.

Fortunately I know that you two aren't representative of the folks that I met in your area.

Right after the attack, within a day or so, Giuliani went on camera and said that we would be OK. His tone was letter-perfect, and it was exactly the kind of assurance that everyone needed. It was a brilliant moment, sorely needed by nearly everyone, including me.

That said, it doesn't make him a hero, and it doesn't qualify him for the presidency. The ability to remain calm in a disaster, and to reassure people are important, but they're only two of many qualities that I would look for in a president.

Very well said Paul. I don't agree with you on many issues, but this impressed me.

It was fair.

Dear 2smart and guest.

Back in 89 I spent about three months in your area. I was working in Nyack and staying in Suffern, NY. Did a lot of running around in NY and NJ.

Fortunately I know that you two aren't representative of the folks that I met in your area.

Well said! New Jersey residents are alot more gracious than these two boobs B)

Guest 2smart4u

Let me guess. Your #1 quality would be a certified Loony Lefty.

Guest 2smart4u
Dear 2smart and guest.

What a crock ! Your post was an obvious attempt to try to start a negative

thread about Giuliani. But it's ok, you're a Loony Lefty and that's what Loony

Lefties do. Once you get TV in Mo., Giuliani will be "known in your region".

Let me guess, this is your way of saying you want the Billy & Hilliary Show back

Every comment you have made is nasty, demeaning and insulting.

You seem to be a nasty bitter old man sitting at home and vomiting out your bile at regular intervals.

You must be very unhappy.

Good to see you evolving, you've gone from making asinine Kool-Aid remarks to making asinine remarks

of 9-11?

The label came from a good PR firm and stuck because of the public's willingness to accept cheap talk in place of useful action

Guest 2smart4u
Every comment you have made is nasty, demeaning and insulting.

You seem to be a nasty bitter old man sitting at home and vomiting out your bile at regular intervals.

You must be very unhappy.

You nailed it. I'm an unhappy bitter old man that vomits a lot.

Guest Guest_Autonomous_*
You nailed it.  I'm an unhappy bitter old man that vomits a lot.

Senility is a terrible thing. Luckily, studies have shown that regular mental exercise such as crossword puzzles or sudoku can delay the onset of senility. Don't be like 2Dim-exercise your brain!

No, it does not qualify him for presidency, I totally agree, but, OK.....so let me get this straight.......Gulliani is not a hero for leading a city during and after a terrorist attack, but...... your son is a hero?........... wow!

No, it does not qualify him for presidency, I totally agree, but, OK.....so let me get this straight.......Gulliani is not a hero for leading a city during and after a terrorist attack, but...... your son is a hero?...........  wow!

I’m not the one who has called Matthew a hero. Others have done that, many others. Besides all that, the one case has nothing to do with the other.

A student stood up against what was for him powerful opposition, which would have intimidated most people his age, or any age, to back down. He faced down personal risk to do what was right.

In the other case, the mayor of our nation’s largest city spoke to and comforted a city and a nation. It was inspirational, but was it heroic? Well, he wasn’t risking anything by doing it, he wasn’t bucking a tide, he wasn’t facing down anyone who had more power than he had. On the other hand, you could say that heroism doesn’t necessarily involve personal risk, that it’s just pulling the coals out of the fire so to speak, and by that definition Giuliani put us in a better place and is therefore a hero. I didn’t say one way or the other whether he was, all I said was that in itself that doesn’t qualify him to be president.

You people don’t get it. All you want to do is vilify, and it’s obvious that your reasons have nothing to do with what’s right and what’s wrong. Your reasons are based solely on your biases: a proselytizing teacher got caught in the act, and because you agree with him you don’t like the outcome. It’s sad that you can’t think any deeper than that. And to make matters worse, you can’t read either.

Guest Studies and Observations

Frankly i dont think Giuliani is qualified to be the president. While he DID have executive power ofer what is arguably one of the largest, and most densely populated cities in the western world, That doesn't automatically qualify him to be president. If he had followed thropugh in 2000 and won the senate seat, then I would say (Except for some reservations re his stance on the 2nd Ammendment) I WOULD support him, but without State (Governor) or National level experience I dont think he has what it takes. Same with Barak Obama, 2/3 of a Senate Term isnt enough National-level experience IMO for him to be qualified to take the reins of the White House. I think whoever his advisors are have done him a disservice, he should have waited until 2012, or 2016. Now is a little TOO soon for him.

If he gets the Nomination, I'll gladly vote for Fred Thompson..personally i think a Thompson/Huckabee ticket would be unbeatable.

Guest 2smart4u
Frankly i dont think Giuliani is qualified to be the president.  While he DID have executive power ofer what is arguably one of the largest, and most densely populated cities in the western world, That doesn't automatically qualify him to be president.  If he had followed thropugh in 2000 and won the senate seat, then I would say (Except for some reservations re his stance on the 2nd Ammendment) I  WOULD support him, but without State (Governor) or National level experience I dont think he has what it takes.  Same with Barak Obama, 2/3 of a Senate Term isnt enough National-level experience IMO for him to be qualified to take the reins of the White House.  I think whoever his advisors are have done him a disservice, he should have waited until 2012, or 2016.  Now is a little TOO soon for him. 

If he gets the Nomination, I'll gladly vote for Fred Thompson..personally i think a Thompson/Huckabee ticket would be unbeatable.

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.