Help Me Out Here

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u

I'm not getting something. Harrison is borrowing $ 40,000,000. to build the stadium. The town (taxpayers) will be paying about $1,600,000. in interest per year on that amount. I read in the Jersey Journal that Hudson County will be getting the money taken in at the stadium and the parking deck.

The question I have is; What is Harrison getting out of this ?? This stadium will require security, so I imagine Harrison will pick up the tab on that. Either by hiring more cops or private security. There's certain to more calls for the fire dept. related to the stadium and parking deck, that's more wear and tear on the fire trucks causing more expenses, which the town will pick up the tab on. Sanitation and garbage pick-up, another tab for the town to pick up.

The only thing I see coming out of this is higher taxes. Is there something I'm missing ??

Guest Town Resident
I'm not getting something.  Harrison is borrowing  $ 40,000,000. to build the stadium. The town (taxpayers) will be paying about  $1,600,000. in interest per year on that amount. I read in the Jersey Journal that Hudson County will be getting the money taken in at the stadium and the parking deck.

The question I have is;  What is Harrison getting out of this ??  This stadium will require security, so I imagine Harrison will pick up the tab on that. Either by hiring more cops or private security. There's certain to more calls for the fire dept. related to the stadium and parking deck, that's more wear and tear on the fire trucks causing more expenses, which the town will pick up the tab on. Sanitation and garbage pick-up, another tab for the town to pick up.

The only thing I see coming out of this is higher taxes.  Is there something I'm missing ??

I've said this before, this stadium will be a monument to the mayor's ego. There's no logical reason for this stadium to be built. The County will get the receipts from the stadium and parking garage. Harrison will get the taxes and the headaches. Does it sound like the Mayor negotiated a good deal for the town ?? You decide.

Guest Harrison Teacher
I'm not getting something.  Harrison is borrowing  $ 40,000,000. to build the stadium. The town (taxpayers) will be paying about  $1,600,000. in interest per year on that amount. I read in the Jersey Journal that Hudson County will be getting the money taken in at the stadium and the parking deck.

The question I have is;  What is Harrison getting out of this ??  This stadium will require security, so I imagine Harrison will pick up the tab on that. Either by hiring more cops or private security. There's certain to more calls for the fire dept. related to the stadium and parking deck, that's more wear and tear on the fire trucks causing more expenses, which the town will pick up the tab on. Sanitation and garbage pick-up, another tab for the town to pick up.

The only thing I see coming out of this is higher taxes.  Is there something I'm missing ??

Lets list the pros and cons of the stadium as I see them:

CONS: Higher taxes due to borrowing $40,000,000.

More traffic.

More noise.

More garbage.

More parking problems.

More police/security expenses.

More crime.

County getting receipts from stadium and parking deck.

Harrison taxpayers responsible for paying off $40,000,000.

Harrison taxpayers getting the shaft.

PROS: I'm thinking .

Guest Angry Taxpayer
Lets list the pros and cons of the stadium as I see them:

CONS:  Higher taxes due to borrowing $40,000,000.

More traffic.

More noise.

More garbage.

More parking problems.

More police/security expenses.

More crime.

County getting receipts from stadium and parking deck.

Harrison taxpayers responsible for paying off $40,000,000.

Harrison taxpayers getting the shaft. 

PROS:  I'm thinking .

I just find it incredible that Harrison (McDonough) agreed to this one-sided deal. The County is getting the receipts from the parking deck and the stadium, Harrison is getting the shaft. Harrison is sinking $40,000,000 dollars into this rediculous deal and is not getting anything out of it ??? If this is true, where the hell is the Town Council ?? Are they agreeing to this ?? Are they all in a coma ?? Where is the outrage of the taxpayers, the town residents that will be paying for this ?? People of Harrison, we cannot take this lying down. We need to voice our objection to this . We need to contact our council people and ask them what in the hell are they thinking. I don't know how anyone in their right mind would agree to this.

Guest Mr. Mayor
I just find it incredible that Harrison (McDonough) agreed to this one-sided deal. The County is getting the receipts from the parking deck and the stadium, Harrison is getting the shaft. Harrison is sinking $40,000,000 dollars into this rediculous deal and is not getting anything out of it ??? If this is true, where the hell is the Town Council ?? Are they agreeing to this ?? Are they all in a coma ?? Where is the outrage of the taxpayers, the town residents that will be paying for this ?? People of Harrison, we cannot take this lying down. We need to voice our objection to this . We need to contact our council people and ask them what in the hell are they thinking. I don't know how anyone in their right mind would agree to this.
B):PB) Who's got the balls to start the ball rolling. NO ONE. THATS WHO! and I'm here laughing at all of you!!!

:DB):P

NO ONE HAS DONE NOTHING. The next meeting is:

October 4, 2005

Harrison Mayor & Council Meeting

Town Hall, Harrison Avenue

Time: 6:30 p.m.

Go and VOICE YOUR OPINION :lol::P:D:lol:

Archived