Election 2006

Guest Guest_The Announcer_*

Guest Guest_The Announcer_*

Well, well, well. It seems like there is no one to run against this regime. Mayor McDonough is in it all alone as of September 22, 2005. With just under nine months this is promising to be a boring Election.

How are the People of Harrison Satisfied with this Mayor?

. .There is no High School Field for the kids.

. .The Town is classified as a distress town.

. .The Town is classified as an Abbott District

. .The Town has the highest taxes ever.

. .The Town re-development has mis-lead the people and businesses in town.

. .The Town is the laughing stock of Hudson County

. .The Town is about to go 40 million in debt, with out a public vote.

. .The Town has had trailers for school class rooms.

. .The Towns Mayor doesn't even own a property.

. .The Police station (what station, it's town hall)

. .The Town has had chief of police resign do to pathetic Politics.

. .The Street Department has had it's supervisor retire and disappear.

. .The Town has on of the state worst education systems.

. .The Town has the States only 2 Snow Melters.

. .The Town has almost as many employees as Kearny.

. .The town has a fire department that can't put out a garbage can fire without calling Kearny.

WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

STAY TUNED AND LET ME KNOW IF I MISS SOMETHING

Guest McDonougha is working

Have you seen all the new crossing guards, or how about the new trafic enforcement cops. He is hiring all kind of people so he can buy his votes. what a shame. when it comes down to it, vote for a new slate. 4 more years of this guy can really hurt.

As of today, September 23, the only one who could beat McDonough (which really means Higgins) in 2006 is Jim Doran.

I’m not saying he will make the town any better, just that he’s a sure win against anyone who decides to run for mayor.

By the way, an excellent, true, but sad description of our town.

Have you seen all the new crossing guards, or how about the new trafic enforcement cops.  He is hiring all kind of people so he can buy his votes.  what a shame.  when it comes down to it, vote for a new slate.  4 more years of this guy can really hurt.

how come those jobs were never posted in any of the local newspapers ? also what happened to big job freeze ?

Guest Town Resident
As of today, September 23, the only one who could beat McDonough (which really means Higgins) in 2006 is Jim Doran.

I’m not saying he will make the town any better, just that he’s a sure win against anyone who decides to run for mayor.

You're so right. If that's the best we can do, I'm afraid the future of this town is not very bright.

But then, we get what we deserve. We allow council meetings without open public sessions, we don't complain when the mayor announces a major redevelopment without public input, we don't complain when the mayor announces a $40,000,000 bond issue for the stadium (again without asking the residents what we think) . We've given the mayor and council a blank check to do whatever they want with the taxpayers money. It's hard to believe that in the United States in 2005 there is a town that is so arrogant and disrespectful of it's residents. I'm ashamed to say I live in Harrison.

You're useless.

You're useless.

Indeed, it’s a given.

Doran will run and win.

He will declare pre-primary in February.

The contest will be up in June.

Sour pussed Police Chiefs and Higgins/McDonough lackeys will moan and cry.

They can only make jokes about parades and what not.

But on Tuesday night, November 7th, there will be a real celebration in town.

Get used to it.

Doran is our next mayor.

(Just trying to be not “useless” here.)

Doran won’t win unless that friend of his comes up from S.Jersey. And I hear theres trouble in paradise there.
Is that the friend who had to press harrasment charges against him?

Archived