Backyard Fires

Guest Smokey the Bear

Guest Smokey the Bear

What are the laws in Kearny regarding people having fires in their yard? Are fire pits or chimineas legal? Can someone use their BBQ as a fire pit? I have smoke coming into my house and I did already speak to my neighbors about it. They are being quite inconsiderate about this. And no I am not shutting my windows...I shouldn't have to.

What are the laws in Kearny regarding people having fires in their yard? Are fire pits or chimineas legal? Can someone use their BBQ as a fire pit? I have smoke coming into my house and I did already speak to my neighbors about it. They are being quite inconsiderate about this. And no I am not shutting my windows...I shouldn't have to.

Open fires in the town of Kearny are illegal, such as burning leaves. While I believe chimneys are legal, you may want to contact the town fire marshall or inspectors office. As for the smoke try contacting the Kearny board of health if they can't help. Try the KPD or Kearny Municipal Court, you can always sign a complaint that your neighbors are creating a nuisence and have a judge order them to stop

What are the laws in Kearny regarding people having fires in their yard?  Are fire pits or chimineas legal?  Can someone use their BBQ as  a fire pit?  I have smoke coming into my house and I did already speak to my neighbors about it.  They are being quite inconsiderate about this.  And no I am not shutting my windows...I shouldn't have to.

Let the illegals cook their chicken it's a way of life. Go ask if you can have some, or close your window! Shut up!

Let the illegals cook their chicken it's a way of life. Go ask if you can have some, or close your window! Shut up!

Now why would you be so rude? I imagine to try and get a laugh out of all reading this thread, but guess what....you just make yourself look stupid.

Hey, it beats paying to dump it! Send a letter of thanks to the DEP AND BREATH DEEP.

;) Have you reported this? If you have and nothing was done than go higher, it is illegal to do what this person is doing, there could be toxic chemicals or even asbestos burning in there My suggestion is call the fire department, the board of health, the building dept, and the state DEP