Harrison redevelopment

Guest Clam Digger

Guest Clam Digger

Good news for Harrison. The Stadium Bonds have been approved paving the way for it to be built along with parking garages. The former site of Kennedy Stadium is being redeveloped that will pay the Town 2.1 million in payment in lieu of taxes per year. Two Office buildings will be built on the site that will increase employment.

Congratulations to the Mayor and his redevelopment team. Harrison will become a Town that everyone wants to live in.

So what, if the sports teams must play away games this year. Next year they will be playing in a brand new stadium with modern facilities. Rome wasn't built in a day. S**K it up. Better days are coming. :ph34r:

So what, if the sports teams must play away games this year. Next year they will be playing in a brand new stadium with modern facilities. Rome wasn't built in a day. S**K it up. Better days are coming.
It's obvious you never got lucky at JFK stadium. Never went to a home coming game party after the game. I BET YOU DON'T HAVE KIDS, LIKE THE MAYOR. OR JUST AN IGNORANT A$$HOLE WHO ONLY CARES ABOUT MAKING MONEY AND NOT OUR KIDS OR THE TOWN This sounds like TPowell. What are you gonna build your 2 illegal homes, rent them out to 50 illegals and move down the shore??

WE NEED THOSE CONDOS RIGHT NOW!! BEFORE THE SCHOOL, SO WE CAN HAVE TRAILORS OUTSIDE THE SCHOOLS AGAIN.

WE NEED THE STADIUM SO WE CAN HAVE PARKING PROBLEMS BECAUSE WE ARE BUILDING A 1,500 SPOT PARKING GARGE FOR A 25,000 SEAT STADIUM.

WE NEED TO BE IN DEBT 38,000,000 IN BONDS TO BUY A STADIUM, SO WE CAN MAKE NOT ONE DOLLAR OFF OF TICKET SALES!

Your nuts buddy, nuts. If you support this deal you must be making $$ or have no brain.

Guest 2smart4u
Good news for Harrison. The Stadium Bonds have been approved paving the way for it to be built along with parking garages. The former site of Kennedy Stadium is being redeveloped that will pay the Town 2.1 million in payment in lieu of taxes per year. Two Office buildings will be built on the site that will increase employment.

Congratulations to the Mayor and his redevelopment team. Harrison will become a Town that everyone wants to live in.

So what, if the sports teams must play away games this year. Next year they will be playing in a brand new stadium with modern facilities. Rome wasn't built in a day. S**K it up. Better days are coming. :P

"Clam Digger " is either on crack or from another planet. Did you ever hear the term "stuffing 10 pounds of s--t into a 5 pound bag" ?? That's what this redevelopment can be compared to. Harrison is going to be gridlocked 16 hours a day when all this development is done. And if anyone thinks that's going to make Harrison an attractive place to live, then they need to increase their medication.

Guest Town Resident

So what, if the sports teams must play away games this year. Next year they will be playing in a brand new stadium with modern facilities. Rome wasn't built in a day. S**K it up. Better days are coming. :P

Thank you, Raymond (Clam Digger) McDonough for your wonderful comments. However, NO ONE believes that crock of s---. 2.1 million won't begin to cover the increased cost of additional police, fire, sanitation, sewage, schools, etc. etc. Tell me about how much I'm going to love living in this town ?? LOL

Guest Town Resident Too

"Harrison will become a town that everyone wants to live in" ??? LOL !! That is one of the most rediculous statements I've ever heard. I think just the opposite will be true. The people that can move out will, the people that can't move out won't.

WE NEED THOSE CONDOS RIGHT NOW!! BEFORE THE SCHOOL, SO WE CAN HAVE TRAILORS OUTSIDE THE SCHOOLS AGAIN.

WE NEED THE STADIUM SO WE CAN HAVE PARKING PROBLEMS BECAUSE WE ARE BUILDING A 1,500 SPOT PARKING GARGE FOR A 25,000 SEAT STADIUM.

WE NEED TO BE IN DEBT 38,000,000 IN BONDS TO BUY A STADIUM, SO WE CAN MAKE NOT ONE DOLLAR OFF OF TICKET SALES!

Those are the issues right there.

Condos, before our kids. :P

A stadium that doesn't fit in this town nor make money for this town. :huh:

A stadium that will place us in debt, beyond belief. Thats why the county won't back the bonds. (they can't raise the taxes of the county to pay for a stupid idea.) :o

2006 YOUR OTTA HERE (OR I AM) :angry::angry:

Guest Outraged Town Resident
Those are the issues right there.

Condos, before our kids. <_<

A stadium that doesn't fit in this town nor make money for this town. :huh:

A stadium that will place us in debt, beyond belief.  Thats why the county won't back the bonds. (they can't raise the taxes of the county to pay for a stupid idea.) :o

2006 YOUR OTTA HERE (OR I AM) :angry:  :angry:

According to the Jersey Journal, the 38 million is now 40 MILLION. That's right folks, the mayor is putting 40 MILLION DOLLARS on the town "Credit Card" so he can have his soccer stadium. Make no mistake about this , this is an ego thing. This stadium is not going to lower your taxes, it's not going to improve your quality of life, it's not going to make you glad you live in Harrison. It's going to add traffic, noise, crime, air pollution and congestion to the streets of Harrison, and 40 MILLION DOLLARS ADDED TO OUR TAX BILLS. Just what we freakin need !! I'm sure glad I have the mayor looking out for me.

does anyone remember the traffic when 280 used to route through town years ago, well, the stadium is going to make the town look like a parking lot all over again.
Call the Attorney General and complain or shut up. It's coming if you like it or not. It's the only smart thing for the town

Guest 2smart4u
Call the Attorney General and complain or shut up.  It's coming if you like it or not.  It's the only smart thing for the town

"It's the only smart thing for the town". ??? Really !! If the person that posted that is not the mayor, then he's done way to many drugs.

Archived