A moment

Guest Guest

Lets all take a moment to realize how fortunate we are to be able to complain about how bad we have it here in Kearny, while all those thousands of people suffer in New Orleans. If possible make a donation and pray for those that really have it bad right now. Just give it some thought.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, the cops and firemen really have it bad. 20% of the force deserted. After working for 6 days the Mayor of New Orleans has decided to send the cops and firemen on vacation for 5 days in Las Vegas and has asked the Federal Gov. to pay for this. And you want us to donate our money for this foolish folley.

Guest Radagast
Yea, the cops and firemen really have it bad. 20% of the force deserted. After working for 6 days the Mayor of New Orleans has decided to send the cops and firemen on vacation for 5 days in Las Vegas and has asked the Federal Gov. to pay for this. And you want us to donate our money for this foolish folley.

I like the name FEMA.

Perhaps if FEMA or mother DHS had not had their collective heads up their butts, the Mayor would not be in the dire straits he is in right now. Of course the wingnuts who worship bushy boy are running at the mouth to his defence. Even to the extent of blaming the victims. Very typical.

Amen, amen!

:lol: i am very proud of my town down here! we have 60 families from the gulf here! the S/A opened camp keystone" a summer camp to give them shelter! please give to the SALVATION ARMY! they need your help to help others! :)

I like the name FEMA.

Perhaps if FEMA or mother DHS had not had their collective heads up their butts, the Mayor would not be in the dire straits he is in right now. Of course the wingnuts who worship bushy boy are running at the mouth to his defence. Even to the extent of blaming the victims. Very typical.

hmmmm....... yeah, uh, defense......... but it is fence, not fense

your argument would carry more weight

I like the name FEMA.

:lol: ok try this! we here in fla just got some new freinds! they came from the gulf states and are living at camp keystone in keystone hts fla! it is a salvation army kids camp! there is 60 families ! so please give money to help them at the kearny S/A and ask for it to go to camp keystone! thanks B)

Guest Radagast
hmmmm....... yeah, uh, defense......... but it is fence, not fense

your argument would carry more weight

Oh Wow! A spelling error negates my entire argument! Right...

I have to admit The FEMA argument carried a lot of wait...

I'm sorry, did I misspell another word?

:lol: ok try this! we here in fla just got some new freinds! they came from the gulf states and are living at camp keystone in keystone hts fla! it is a salvation army kids camp! there is 60 families ! so please give money to help them at the kearny S/A and ask for it to go to camp keystone! thanks B)

OF, for once I'm with ya... I assume S/A is Salvation Army?

I definitely agree that we should pray for all of those affected by the hurricane. How any of you can talk bad about the people down there is beyond me. So what if the mayor sent them on vacation, they have no place else to go. I can't imagine how miserable your life must be that you can feel hate for people in a situation like that.

I like the name FEMA.

I guess the storm was Republican! I guess that's why the dems are useing it to make points. Just help the people and stop the bull, how shallow these dems are.

I like the name FEMA.

The Governor and the Mayor are both Dems, are they not, Rad. It is now coming to light that the Governor received a request on SUNDAY night to evacuate, and requested twenty-four more hours to think about it (before you ask, the source is the New Orleans mayor). There is a ton of blame to go around, now is just not the time for it.

That being said, I feel the federal response was woefully inadequate, and as President, Bush ultimately bears the responsibility. I don't think Michael Brown, the FEMA director, should have a job with the government in the near future.

Now, for your homework, if you would please denounce those who feel this was somehow racially motivated. You might not like Bush, that is your right, but you will never convince me that he willingly allowed anyone to die. Inflammatory remarks like this have no place at this time of crisis.

Why do we see pictures of all those buses parked, now underwater, if indeed there was a mandatory evacuation? You see my point, this ball wasn't dropped just once, more like the blooper reels of an NFL fumble.

I guess the storm was Republican! I guess that's why the dems are useing it to make points. Just help the people and stop the bull, how shallow these dems are.

Storm may not have been Republican, but the response certainly was---elitist and incompetent.

I think the Republican matriarch, Barbara Bush, summed up the Republican attitude perfectly when commenting on the suffering throngs crowded into the Astrodome: "They're underprivileged anyway, so this is working well for them."

Nice goin', Mama Bush! No wonder you raised an idiot son!

When your argument has no merits of its own, you always resort to personal assault. Nice job. Do you really believe that Bush alone, notice I won't absolve someone because of political leanings, is the only part of an incompetent response, or do others deserve equal or even greater blame? The mayor orders a mandatory evacuation, but doesn't follow through. I don't want to blame the mayor, I'd be hard pressed to try and force people from their homes, but the evac. plan involved mobilizing buses to help remove people. You might not want to force them out, but I would have put the buses on the road.

I've said before, lots of blame to go around, now is not the time. This country needs to deal with this problem BEFORE the finger pointing starts. After that, I say fire away.

But to say that no wonder she "raised an idiot son" is an insult to the intelligence you normally show on this board. Personal attacks may make you feel better, however they add nothing to the discussion or solution.

This disaster is so different from all the others. On one hand you had indifference on the part of many of the occupants, they seemed to feel that they've survived hurricanes in the past, and this would be no different. I promise, if I had lived there and experienced as many hurricane seasons as they had in their storied past, I probably would've bunkered down and rode it out. Hindsight is 20/20.

Emergency plans are designed to start from the bottom up: local, state, and then federal. But, what do you do when the local responders are overwhelmed from the start? The entire infrastructure of New Orleans was obliterated. Certainly not their fault, but indeed a massive obstacle. The state seemed content to throw in the towel and await the cavalry (re: Federal Government). Then the feds botched their end, food and water were a definite priority. Is the new FEMA director there because of political patronage, probably. Throw Bush some blame. Was it the Dems who wanted FEMA under the DHS heading, sure. Throw them some of the blame.

I'm amazed that at a time of national crisis, some would stop and assign blame, just to make political hay. I find that shameful, and I will pray for you as well as the victims in the Gulf States. This much bitterness will eat you up.

Storm may not have been Republican, but the response certainly was---elitist and incompetent.

I think the Republican matriarch, Barbara Bush, summed up the Republican attitude perfectly when commenting on the suffering throngs crowded into the Astrodome: "They're underprivileged anyway, so this is working well for them."

Sorry, forgot one thing. You're opinion of Bush appears to be quite elitist, and in my opinion your argument, incompetent.

Pot calling the kettle, my friend.

Oh Wow! A spelling error negates my entire argument! Right...

I have to admit The FEMA argument carried a lot of wait...

I'm sorry, did I misspell another word?

Your argument might be valid but WOULD carry more weight if you seemed like you cared enough about the argument to run a simple spell check. It's the easiest thing to do. No one would have to know you ran a spell check and you would appear more intelligent, thereby giving your argument more weight automatically. You would want this in your newspaper articles and books you read, right?

Keep in mind that bushes test scores were higher then dem john kerry's and the dems ran that idiot hoping the American people would be stupid enough to vote him in. Now that is under handed don't you think?

When your argument has no merits of its own, you always resort to personal assault.  Nice job.  Do you really believe that Bush alone, notice I won't absolve someone because of political leanings, is the only part of an incompetent response, or do others deserve equal or even greater blame?  The mayor orders a mandatory evacuation, but doesn't follow through.  I don't want to blame the mayor, I'd be hard pressed to try and force people from their homes, but the evac. plan involved mobilizing buses to help remove people.  You might not want to force them out, but I would have put the buses on the road.

I've said before, lots of blame to go around, now is not the time.  This country needs to deal with this problem BEFORE the finger pointing starts.  After that, I say fire away.

But to say that no wonder she "raised an idiot son" is an insult to the intelligence you normally show on this board.  Personal attacks may make you feel better, however they add nothing to the discussion or solution.

This disaster is so different from all the others.  On one hand you had indifference on the part of many of the occupants, they seemed to feel that they've survived hurricanes in the past, and this would be no different.  I promise, if I had lived there and experienced as many hurricane seasons as they had in their storied past, I probably would've bunkered down and rode it out.  Hindsight is 20/20.

Emergency plans are designed to start from the bottom up: local, state, and then federal.  But, what do you do when the local responders are overwhelmed from the start?  The entire infrastructure of New Orleans was obliterated.  Certainly not their fault, but indeed a massive obstacle.  The state seemed content to throw in the towel and await the cavalry (re: Federal Government).  Then the feds botched their end, food and water were a definite priority.  Is the new FEMA director there because of political patronage, probably.  Throw Bush some blame.  Was it the Dems who wanted FEMA under the DHS heading, sure.  Throw them some of the blame.

I'm amazed that at a time of national crisis, some would stop and assign blame, just to make political hay.  I find that shameful, and I will pray for you as well as the victims in the Gulf States.  This much bitterness will eat you up.

President Bush is the leader of the free world and the commander-in-chief of the mightiest, best trained military forces on the planet. Regardless of whether local and state agencies performed well, it was his job to take charge and discharge aid immediately to the effected areas. He failed. But he did, as his press secretary announced, cut his vacation short by two days. What a joke!

Is the FEMA (and BTW the F stands for FEDERAL as in not local or state) director a political patronage appointment? "Probably," you say? Are you kidding? The guy was in charge of the care and feeding of Arabian horses before his appointment. Great credentials for the job.

PS: FYI under Clinton FEMA was a separate cabinet-status agency. It was the Bush administration that lumped it in with DHS.

PPS: I thought Bush was an idiot long before this travesty! I am not bitter over this. I'm f**kin' furious, as every American should be! Thanks for your prayers. I'm not yet cynical enough to think I don't need them.

Guest Justin Case
I'm amazed that at a time of national crisis, some would stop and assign blame, just to make political hay.  I find that shameful, .

I'll tell you what I find shameful. I find it shameful that a 5 year old was raped at the New Orleans Convention Center because there weren't enough Guardsmen to keep law and order. I find it shameful that 60 nursing home patients died because FEMA helicopters didn't reach them in time. I find it shameful that the government couldn't get water to those stranded, but TV crews could get in to film the whole thing. And I find it shameful that while Justice Renquist was buried with dignity in Washington, hundreds of other Americans are face down in the contaminated waters of the Gulf Coast cities.

A. Realist has every right to be furious and you should be too.

He may be an idiot, but he's President of the United States and you're sitting in Kearny posting to a bulletin board.

Guest Curious

If now is not the time to point blame for this administration, when is? After they lead us into a war based on lies? After they begin to erode our nation's reputation with the rest of the world? After they sign over most of this country to big corporations and the oil industry? When? When will be the right time? When they're out of office and have left the debris of their greed and incompetence behind?

This latest debacle is just another example of government gone stupid.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I'm sure I can't change your mind and believe me, I have no intention of changing mine. That's one freedom they haven't managed to remove . . . yet.

When your argument has no merits of its own, you always resort to personal assault.  Nice job.  Do you really believe that Bush alone, notice I won't absolve someone because of political leanings, is the only part of an incompetent response, or do others deserve equal or even greater blame?  The mayor orders a mandatory evacuation, but doesn't follow through.  I don't want to blame the mayor, I'd be hard pressed to try and force people from their homes, but the evac. plan involved mobilizing buses to help remove people.  You might not want to force them out, but I would have put the buses on the road.

I've said before, lots of blame to go around, now is not the time.  This country needs to deal with this problem BEFORE the finger pointing starts.  After that, I say fire away.

But to say that no wonder she "raised an idiot son" is an insult to the intelligence you normally show on this board.  Personal attacks may make you feel better, however they add nothing to the discussion or solution.

This disaster is so different from all the others.  On one hand you had indifference on the part of many of the occupants, they seemed to feel that they've survived hurricanes in the past, and this would be no different.  I promise, if I had lived there and experienced as many hurricane seasons as they had in their storied past, I probably would've bunkered down and rode it out.  Hindsight is 20/20.

Emergency plans are designed to start from the bottom up: local, state, and then federal.  But, what do you do when the local responders are overwhelmed from the start?  The entire infrastructure of New Orleans was obliterated.  Certainly not their fault, but indeed a massive obstacle.  The state seemed content to throw in the towel and await the cavalry (re: Federal Government).  Then the feds botched their end, food and water were a definite priority.  Is the new FEMA director there because of political patronage, probably.  Throw Bush some blame.  Was it the Dems who wanted FEMA under the DHS heading, sure.  Throw them some of the blame.

I'm amazed that at a time of national crisis, some would stop and assign blame, just to make political hay.  I find that shameful, and I will pray for you as well as the victims in the Gulf States.  This much bitterness will eat you up.

Guest Guest_FlagMan4_*

Thats telling the B------s!!!! LMFAO!!!!

Surrealist please!

Check to see which side of the aisle voted to lump FEMA in the DHS. They came from the left.

Typical liberal, never let facts or details get in the way of any argument. Just like Kerry and Gore thought they were smarter than Bush, you think you're smarter than me, and you are all wrong.

'

I've said before, lots of blame to go around, now is not the time.  This country needs to deal with this problem BEFORE the finger pointing starts. 

The entire infrastructure of New Orleans was obliterated.  Certainly not their fault, but indeed a massive obstacle.  The state seemed content to throw in the towel and await the cavalry (re: Federal Government).

Loki,

You're flip-flopping! At 1:51pm on 9/7/05 you admonished me for assigning blame. Not the right time you said. I guess the time was right at 8:33am on the same day when YOU said, "....I feel the federal response was woefully inadequate, and as President, Bush ultimately bears the responsibility." You were right. Don't back-peddle.

The federal government was warned about the impending failure of the infrastructure, in particular the levees, two years ago by a study team of scientists from LSU. What did the Bush administration do? They sent manpower and committed millions of dollars per day to Iraq to find those weapons of mass destruction! Good plan!

If now is not the time to point blame for this administration, when is?  After they lead us into a war based on lies?  After they begin to erode our nation's reputation with the rest of the world?  After they sign over most of this country to big corporations and the oil industry?  When?  When will be the right time?  When they're out of office and have left the debris of their greed and incompetence behind?

This latest debacle is just another example of government gone stupid. 

You have your opinion and I have mine.  I'm sure I can't change your mind and believe me, I have no intention of changing mine.  That's one freedom they haven't managed to remove . . . yet.

Thank God! Some reinforcements on this site!

Speaking of greed---I see our illustrious Vice President finally crawled out of his bunker. I guess Mr. Compassion was there to negotiate all the Halliburton contracts that will emerge during this reconstruction.

Archived