BOE Agendas and Minutes

Guest Guest

Does anyone know why it takes months for the BOE to post the Agendas and Minutes on the Kearny Schools website? They have a small army of people working down at the Board Office.

Does anyone know why it takes months for the BOE to post the Agendas and Minutes on the Kearny Schools website?  They have a small army of people working down at the Board Office.

The gentleman who was responsible for updating the website has left and no one has been hired yet to replace him.

This is true.  My understanding is that John O'Hara is no longer employed in the district. To keep the website progressive and  updated for all the schools and the BOE this would take a full time position or a few part-timers.

JW

Once again, nice try. It doesn't take a dedicted position to scan and post a few pages from the BOE meetings.

Once again, nice try.  It doesn't take a dedicted position to scan and post a few pages from the BOE meetings.

But it does take the knowledge of how to do it. I believe the position is a union position so they have to post or negotiate the responsiblity into another position.

I agree with you that they should be getting this stuff up faster, but it just may not be feasable until the position is filled.

JW

Oh, I know. Understanding the sheer complexities of FTP and http. That's got to be worth, oh I don't know, $90K a year.

Snort snort...

But it does take the knowledge of how to do it.  I believe the position is a union position so they have to post or negotiate the responsiblity into another position.

I agree with you that they should be getting this stuff up faster, but it just may not be feasable until the position is filled.

JW

• 1 month later...
Guest student
Does anyone know why it takes months for the BOE to post the Agendas and Minutes on the Kearny Schools website?  They have a small army of people working down at the Board Office.

I want to know the BOE agenda and minutes. It takes little time to put it into the website. What isn't anyone hired yet? Faster, people and students want the website to be updated with information.

I want to know the BOE agenda and minutes.  It takes little time to put it into the website.  What isn't anyone hired yet?  Faster, people and students  want the website to be updated with information.

why doesn't the b.o.e. have one of the high school computer classes post the minutes and the agenda on the website? it would be good for the students and the teacher can have the final approval before it is submitted. it might even make the students feel proud when they see their work posted and know it's helping people. it would save tax payers money too.

I want to know the BOE agenda and minutes.  It takes little time to put it into the website.  What isn't anyone hired yet?  Faster, people and students  want the website to be updated with information.

This shows how much they care about children and tax payers. Hey take your time we're use to it.

Archived