Parking Nightmare

Guest Town Resident

Guest Town Resident

I haven't heard anyone talking about something that seems very obvious and disturbing to me. This new stadium (that no one wants) is said to hold 20,000 to 25,000 people. The new parking garage ( income of which will go to the county) is said to hold 1,500 cars.

During a sold-out event, even with an average of 3 people per car, you're looking at over 8,000 cars. Even if 6,000 people walk to the stadium, that still leaves 6,000 cars, 4,500 of which will not fit in the garage.

We all know 4,500 cars will not find parking on the streets of Harrison. What these people do when they cannot find a place to park their car after they've paid for tickets.

The police may be in for a rough time with double parking, blocking driveways and fire hydrants and dealing with thousands of irate fans that can't find a parking space.

I guess that will be just part of the mayor's plan of making Harrison a " place to go and not just a place to live".

Guest 2smart4u
I haven't heard anyone talking about something that seems very obvious and disturbing to me.  This new stadium (that no one wants) is said to hold 20,000 to 25,000 people. The new parking garage ( income of which will go to the county) is said to hold 1,500 cars.

During a sold-out event, even with an average of 3 people per car, you're looking at over 8,000 cars. Even if 6,000 people walk to the stadium, that still leaves 6,000 cars, 4,500 of which will not fit in the garage.

We all know 4,500 cars will not find parking on the streets of Harrison. What these people do when they cannot find a place to park their car after they've paid for tickets.

The police may be in for a rough time with double parking, blocking driveways and fire hydrants and dealing with thousands of irate fans that can't find a parking space.

I guess that will be just part of the mayor's plan of making Harrison a " place to go and not just a place to live".

It seems that this whole redevelopment plan was not thought out very well. I think the fact that a professional planner was not hired to guide this huge project is going to come back to bite the town in the ass. When you consider the nightmare that's going to hit our schools when all this new housing is built, the lack of parking at this unwanted stadium, it makes you wonder who the hell is running this sideshow. When the mayor said he wanted to make Harrison into "a place to go and not just a place to live", I wonder if he considered the fact that Harrison is a square-mile town that's already bursting at the seams with traffic, lack of recreational facilities, overcrowded schools and annual tax increases. The last thing we need in Harrison is another 38 million in bonded debt, more people, more cars, more parking problems and more pollution. h

Guest Oh please

dont' you people know that the town officials will buy up property which will be used as paid parking lots. Let's not forget the million dollar parking lot on Harrison Ave, the crowd will be parking there free of charge if the paid parking lots fill up.

Let's see who will be first to buy up land for a parking lot - DC, TP, RM - the list can go on and on

Guest 2smart4u
dont' you people know that the town officials will buy up property which will be used as paid parking lots.  Let's not forget the million dollar parking lot on Harrison Ave, the crowd will be parking there free of charge if the paid parking lots fill up.

Let's see who will be first to buy up land for a parking lot - DC, TP, RM - the list can go on and on

How did this crackhead get out of rehab ??

Archived