Fuzzy Math ??

Guest Town Resident

Guest Town Resident

Here's a question I'd like to see answered by our illustrious mayor and council. The proposed stadium is stated to hold 25,000, give or take. The proposed parking garage is said to hold 1,500.

For a sellout event, consider an average of 3 people coming in each car. That's about 8,000 cars, or about 6,500 more cars than the garage can hold.

Even if you figure that 6,000 will walk to the stadium, that still leaves 4,500 more cars than the garage will hold.

Is there room on the town streets for 4,500 cars. We all know the answer to that. Is there anyone that thinks this is not going to be a major nightmare ?? I can imagine hydrants being blocked, driveways blocked and double parking all over town. What was the quote from the mayor ? Something about "making Harrison a place to go and not just a place to live" ? Here's another quote. "Be careful what you ask for" !!

Guest a fan won't you be mine?
Here's a question I'd like to see answered by our illustrious mayor and council. The proposed stadium is stated to hold  25,000, give or take.  The proposed parking garage is said to hold 1,500.

For a sellout event, consider an average of 3 people coming in each car.  That's about 8,000 cars, or about 6,500 more cars than the garage can hold.

Even if you figure that 6,000 will walk to the stadium, that still leaves 4,500 more cars than the garage will hold.

Is there room on the town streets for 4,500 cars. We all know the answer to that. Is there anyone that thinks this is not going to be a major nightmare ?? I can imagine hydrants being blocked, driveways blocked and double parking all over  town.  What was the quote from the mayor ? Something about "making Harrison a place to go and not just a place to live" ?  Here's another quote. "Be careful what you ask for" !!

sounds like someone was educated by mr rodgers and friends, me i watched the brady bunch, now i live it here at work.....town hall.

do not worry about it Tommy boy will build an illegal parking and get it ok'd by the mayor.

Here's a question I'd like to see answered by our illustrious mayor and council. The proposed stadium is stated to hold  25,000, give or take.  The proposed parking garage is said to hold 1,500.

For a sellout event, consider an average of 3 people coming in each car.  That's about 8,000 cars, or about 6,500 more cars than the garage can hold.

Is there room on the town streets for 4,500 cars. We all know the answer to that. Is there anyone that thinks this is not going to be a major nightmare ?? I can imagine hydrants being blocked, driveways blocked and double parking all over  town.  What was the quote from the mayor ? Something about "making Harrison a place to go and not just a place to live" ?  Here's another quote. "Be careful what you ask for" !!

Archived