Cannessa's Blog Gone

Guest Jim Swimm

Guest Jim Swimm

Hey, have any of you four-to-six regular readers of The Observer online notice that Editor Kevin Canessa's blog has been taken away from him? LOL.

Is bottled water really safe?

By Lisa Pezzolla

Recently in the news, it was reported that Aquafina, bottled water owned by Pepsi Co., announced that their bottled water is made from tap water, from public reservoirs, which is purified. I can’t count how many people brought this to my attention in conversation. Let’s face it, other than coffee, most of us are driving or walking with bottled water.

I drink lots of water. If I have a bottle at my desk, I tend to drink water all day. I even have a water cooler at home. I store the bottles in a storage room in my garage. I constantly hear stories that plastic can cause cancer in certain situations.

What’s alarming, though, is that if bottled water is really tap water, how do we really know that water is safe to drink??

Honestly, spring water, bottled water and tap water need to go through a filtration process.

I am considering putting a filter on my refrigerator so my ice cubes are filtered and purified.

One thing is for sure, however:?I?may think twice before picking up my next bottle of “spring” water!

:)

Hey, have any of you four-to-six regular readers of The Observer online notice that Editor Kevin Canessa's blog has been taken away from him? LOL.

Is bottled water really safe?

By Lisa Pezzolla

Recently in the news, it was reported that Aquafina, bottled water owned by Pepsi Co., announced that their bottled water is made from tap water, from public reservoirs, which is purified. I can’t count how many people brought this to my attention  in conversation. Let’s face it, other than coffee, most of us are driving or walking with bottled water.

I drink lots of water. If I have a bottle at my desk, I tend to drink water all day. I even have a water cooler at home. I store the bottles in a storage room in my garage. I constantly hear stories that plastic can cause cancer in certain situations.

What’s alarming, though, is that if bottled water is really tap water, how do we really know that water is safe to drink??

Honestly, spring water, bottled water and tap water need to go through a filtration process.

I am considering putting a filter on my refrigerator so my ice cubes are filtered and purified.

One thing is for sure, however:?I?may think twice before picking up my next bottle of “spring” water!

:lol:

Where you looking at?

The Editor's Blog is still there.

They just renamed it the "Latest News"

Get your facts straight before you post will ya!?

From what I read, and as far as I remember, it's just been renamed, that's all.

About the water thing, what I've learned is that you're apparently actually more likely to get pure, clean water from the tap than from a bottle, despite the markup of something like several hundred times. The simple reason for this is that the EPA's got hundreds of people who monitor public water in this country, but as for bottled water, less than one person does it (before I get any wisecracks, all this means is that it's one person's job, and not their only job). On top of that, there's apparently a legal loophole where if water is bottled and sold in the same state, it doesn't have to be regulated at all!

Guest HepcLisa

Where you looking at?

The Editor's Blog is still there.

They just renamed it the "Latest News"

Get your facts straight before you post will ya!?

Renamed? I don't think so. The "Editor's Blog" no longer exists. "Canessa's Corner" still exists in an abbreviated form -- buried beneath video under the tab "Live & On Demand" (sounds like Comcast, right?). Here's what happened: The publisher -- who has very little writing skill -- didn't like the idea of the editor (a mediocre writer) getting his own column. Note that in the newspaper Canessa doesn't have a column and that the letters to the editor are retooled to read "Letters to the Publisher." What newspaper in the country do you know has "Letters to the Publisher"??? Anyhew, when Canessa got into a public row (taking a cheapshot at KOTW), Pezzolla saw the ensuing negative publicity as an opportunity to knock off his blog, telling him that he and his blog were causing too many problems in the community. Truth be told, she didn't like the idea that her column was constantly under attack but his wasn't. Now his blog column is buried deep within the Web site, and Pezzolla's mug is still front and center on the Web site and in the newspaper. That's it in a nutshell. End of story.

Guest Observer Fan
Renamed? I don't think so. The "Editor's Blog" no longer exists. "Canessa's Corner" still exists in an abbreviated form -- buried beneath video under the tab "Live & On Demand" (sounds like Comcast, right?). Here's what happened: The publisher -- who has very little writing skill -- didn't like the idea of the editor (a mediocre writer) getting his own column. Note that in the newspaper Canessa doesn't have a column and that the letters to the editor are retooled to read "Letters to the Publisher." What newspaper in the country do you know has "Letters to the Publisher"??? Anyhew, when Canessa got into a public row (taking a cheapshot at KOTW), Pezzolla saw the ensuing negative publicity as an opportunity to knock off his blog, telling him that he and his blog were causing too many problems in the community. Truth be told, she didn't like the idea that her column was constantly under attack but his wasn't. Now his blog column is buried deep within the Web site, and Pezzolla's mug is still front and center on the Web site and in the newspaper. That's it in a nutshell. End of story.

HAHAHAHAHA! WHAT AN IDIOT YOU ARE!

Guest Jim Swimm
Canessa addresses this thread on his blog.  KOTW strikes again

Someone who doesn't like the Observer apparently is trying to use KOTW to start unfounded rumors.

I enjoy reading both the posts on KOTW and on Canessa's blog.

Hey Kevin,

You got your blog back. Congratulations. Will we now be seeing Letters To The Editor????

DON'T BET ON IT!