More ACLU Outrages

Guest Patriot

Guest Patriot

The Atheistic Communist Liberties Union (ACLU) has filed a lawsuit against the Homeland Security Agency. An Iraqi trying to board a plane wearing a t-shirt with the logo "we will never be silenced" in English and Arabic was told by the HSA to remove the shirt or he couldn't fly. The ACLU has offered to represent the Iraqi in a lawsuit against the HSA.

The Atheistic Communist Liberties Union (ACLU) has filed a lawsuit against the Homeland Security Agency. An Iraqi trying to board a plane wearing a t-shirt with the logo "we will never be silenced" in English and Arabic was told by the HSA to remove the shirt or he couldn't fly. The ACLU has offered to represent the Iraqi in a lawsuit against the HSA.

Where did you dig this one up? I can't find anything on the internet about it. I know you don't need any facts to prove your points, but some of us do.

Guest Radagast

The day may come when the Democrats control the White House and both Houses of Congress. It may be that the majority view of most Americans is that the stuff you write on this board is just too stupid and should not be allowed on the internet. They may even make laws against right wing stupidity.

But ya know who will be front and center fighting for your right to post even the dumbest statement on this board ... the ACLU.

Think about that...

And the problem is? Do Iraqis not have a right to speak?

Are you concerned that the t-shirt will explode?

It's called freedom of speech. That means for EVERYBODY. The most important speech to protect is that of which you don't agree, for example all of your posts on here.

Uh, yeah. It's a shirt. Not a bomb. If people don't get in trouble for freely talking about the last time they got high (considering marijuana is illegal to possess or distribute), then neither should this guy.

Guest 2smart4u
Uh, yeah. It's a shirt. Not a bomb. If people don't get in trouble for freely talking about the last time they got high (considering marijuana is illegal to possess or distribute), then neither should this guy.

Wonderful analogy, cupcake.

Not only that, how does self-styled "Patriot" or anyone else know that this isn't a pro-American t-shirt? Who is "we" and "silenced" about what? Even if government could properly restrict this kind of speech, there's no basis for considering this a threat. And if the guy in that t-shirt was planning a criminal act, does anyone with a brain really think he'd announce it to the world on his t-shirt?

It's called freedom of speech. That means for EVERYBODY. The most important speech to protect is that of which you don't agree, for example all of your posts on here.

If an unknown Muslum came up behind you and shouted "Allah Akbhar"- would it be

the most important speech for you to protect or do you agree or disagree with it?

Think hard before answering this question- as I'm sure a genious like you can see the many pitfalls in it.

Not only that, how does self-styled "Patriot" or anyone else know that this isn't a pro-American t-shirt? Who is "we" and "silenced" about what? Even if government could properly restrict this kind of speech, there's no basis for considering this a threat. And if the guy in that t-shirt was planning a criminal act, does anyone with a brain really think he'd announce it to the world on his t-shirt?

Of course, dimwit. That's exactly what a terrorist would expect, to be dismissed as a threat because of an outrageous t-shirt. Stick to what you know best, trying to disprove God.

Guest Patriot
The day may come when the Democrats control the White House and both Houses of Congress. It may be that the majority view of most Americans is that the stuff you write on this board is just too stupid and should not be allowed on the internet. They may even make laws against right wing stupidity.

But ya know who will be front and center fighting for your right to post even the dumbest statement on this board ... the ACLU.

Think about that...

Ah, yes ...... Spoken like a true Kool-aid drinking, LoonyLeft defeatocrat.

Of course, dimwit. That's exactly what a terrorist would expect, to be dismissed as a threat because of an outrageous t-shirt. Stick to what you know best, trying to disprove God.

Right, a terrorist will try not to call attention to himself by wearing a t-shirt that calls attention to him. I bet I could make millions selling T-shirts that say "I am a terrorist." What a numbnut.

Meanwhile, I'm still looking for support from Patrat for his initial outrageous statement. In a previous post that was withdrawn he said the ACLU forced a school to punish a girl for wearing a Christian symbol. In reality this was a case of a girl in England--remember the American part of American Civil Liberties Union. She was disciplined for wearing her silver ring that magically repelled sexual advances. The school said it was against their dress code. The school won the case.

So by that logic we should refuse passage on the plane to anyone who looks as if they're not posing a threat. Go ahead, tell me you wouldn't toss all the Arabic looking men with beards, especially if there's more than one of them. So you're going to throw off all the people who look suspicious to you and now, by the above logic you're going to throw off all the people who don't look suspicious to you because they're even more dangerous than the ones who do.

It must take a lot of energy to live with that kind of fear and distrust.

If an unknown Muslum came up behind you and shouted "Allah Akbhar"- would it be

the most important speech for you to protect or do you agree or disagree  with it?

Think hard before answering this question- as I'm sure a genious like you can see the many pitfalls in it.

It doesn't matter if I agree with it or not. Would I like it?No. But I also don't want a fundie christian getting all up in my grill trying to save me. That being said I have no desire to see them silenced anymore than than having YOUR words silenced.

If an unknown Muslum came up behind you and shouted "Allah Akbhar"- would it be the most important speech for you to protect or do you agree or disagree  with it?

Not sure what you mean by "most important speech"--all speech that doesn't infringe on the civil rights of someone else is equally important to be protected. Yes, "Allah Akhbar" would count--it's just the Muslim version of something Christians say all the time: "Praise God/Jesus/etc." (literally, it means "God is great") What's the big difference?

Of course, dimwit. That's exactly what a terrorist would expect, to be dismissed as a threat because of an outrageous t-shirt.

Yeah, okay. A terrorist would really want to "fake you out" in that way, in the process calling unnecessary attention to him/herself, which is just what a terrorist would want before his/her planned attack. :rolleyes:

I don't think you've thought this through.

This is saying that a terrorist will go out of his way to draw attention to himself, because that's the best way for him to be overlooked. :rolleyes:

Absolutism on the American right truly is frightening. They can talk themselves into believing anything.

Ah, yes ...... Spoken like a true Kool-aid drinking, LoonyLeft defeatocrat.

Never assume it cannot happen to you.

There were a lot of middle and lower middle class very right wing people in China before Mao, people like you who worshipped the current power structure and who denigrated any criticism of the powers that be.

There were libertarians, intellectuals and brutish communists and people like Paul.

Then the brutes took over, and people like you were marched to re-education. Some survived and some did not.

And people like Paul tried to prevent it. But it was too too far along. Even the Pauls were marched off.

On the other hand, you personally could get lucky. We could go the fascist route and then you can be a leader in the new movement.

Of we could continue as now, fighting and tearing each other apart.