hfd

Guest harrison resident

Guest harrison resident

just thought i give a job well done to the hfd with the fire they had at the bbq chic ken place on fer bvld. the other day , especially the first engine to show up ,one minute there was a large amount of fire and next minute it was gone. well done hfd.,and a good job by hpd in stopping traffic and getting everyone away from the fire.--proud to live in harrison.

just thought i give a job well done to the hfd with the fire they had at the bbq chic ken  place on fer bvld. the other day , especially the first engine  to show up ,one minute there was a large amount of fire and next minute it  was gone. well done hfd.,and a good job by hpd in stopping traffic and getting everyone away from the fire.--proud to live in harrison.

It was a grease fire in the kitchen. But 5-alarm- Tommy called for help from Kearny, Newark, E. Newark and Jersey City. Can't the HFD put out any fire by themselves? No biggee, just a routine job that a volunteer FD could handle with ease.

It was a grease fire in the kitchen. But 5-alarm- Tommy called for help from Kearny, Newark, E. Newark and Jersey City. Can't the HFD put out any fire by themselves? No biggee, just a routine job that a volunteer FD could handle with ease.

1st let me start off by saying no i'am not a harrison firemen. no biggie ? let me ask u guest , are u a volunteer for any town ? by the way your talking your not . so lets say that was your house on fire and your house burned to the ground, then u would break this guys chops for not callin in enough help in a matter of time. what's wrong with calling in mutal aid ? did the hfd stop the fire from spreading to any other homes ? yes they did . so y do u still have to post stupid comments like that when these men and woman are out there risking there lives to save your family & property , when u dont even volunteer to do anything .

ps: one more question now if that was your house and they made a good save like that and called in all that help would u still be acting like it was no biggie ?

Its better to overreact and get additional resources there, than to underestimate a fire in an urban city, where it could easily and quickly get out of control.... and burn your little town to the ground.

But then again, thats why your not a manager... and we have Chiefs/Directors/Heads of Department.

The difference between the HFD and your volunteer company is, the building was still standing at the end. The fact that Kearny was called is no biggie, Harrison goes to Kearny plenty. Imagine that, neighboring communities cooperating where will it end. Better to have too many on hand, and not need them, than to wish 10 minutes in, that you had called and now its too late.

Guest KpdPipes
The difference between the HFD and your volunteer company is, the building was still standing at the end.  The fact that Kearny was called is no biggie, Harrison goes to Kearny plenty.  Imagine that, neighboring communities cooperating where will it end.  Better to have too many on hand, and not need them, than to wish 10 minutes in, that you had called and now its too late.

Actually Kearny wasn't "Called" at all. The initial report came to a Kearny Officer working a traffic post that the fire was IN Kearny..once units were dispatched, it was seen to be in Harrison by KPD Officers, who went on to assist, as did the KFD units already enroute.

The difference between the HFD and your volunteer company is, the building was still standing at the end.  The fact that Kearny was called is no biggie, Harrison goes to Kearny plenty.  Imagine that, neighboring communities cooperating where will it end.  Better to have too many on hand, and not need them, than to wish 10 minutes in, that you had called and now its too late.

what do you mean "your voluteer company"?

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF ....IT'S BETTER TO BE SAFE THEN SORRY? NOTHING WRONG WITH WHAT HAPPENED. ACTUALLY, I SALUTE THOSE OFFICERS WHO SHOWED COURAGE AT A TIME OF NEED. I THINK THE HPD DID A FINE JOB. OVERALL, ALL THOSE WHO GAVE A LITTLE OF THEMSELVES SHOWED THEIR TRUE COLORS. DID THE COMMUNITY PROUD NOT JUST THE HFD BUT ALL! MY HAT'S OFF TO YOU ALL, THANK YOU THANK YOU....................NICE JOB...............KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF ....IT'S BETTER TO BE SAFE THEN SORRY? NOTHING WRONG WITH WHAT HAPPENED. ACTUALLY, I SALUTE THOSE OFFICERS WHO SHOWED COURAGE AT A TIME OF NEED. I THINK THE HPD DID A FINE JOB. OVERALL, ALL THOSE WHO  GAVE A LITTLE OF THEMSELVES SHOWED THEIR TRUE COLORS. DID THE COMMUNITY PROUD NOT JUST THE HFD BUT ALL! MY HAT'S OFF TO YOU ALL, THANK YOU THANK YOU....................NICE JOB...............KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

unspoken hero's among us. nice! if only the love were to expand, not just our pockets! :P:P:ph34r:;)

• 2 weeks later...
unspoken hero's among us. nice! if only the love were to expand, not just our pockets! :lol:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

i would like to force........no squeeze.......demand.........no steal..........no borrow some fire alarms from you mr patel. i need to see my name in the paper this week.very gooooooooooooooood. :P

Archived