Underwater

Guest Ms. K. DeRay

Guest Ms. K. DeRay

Early this morning and two weeks ago Schulyer and King St looked like a lake. But smelled like a sewer due to raw sewage spilling out of our manhole covers. What can done to correct this health hazard?

Guest Health Inspector
Early this morning and two weeks ago Schulyer and King St looked like a lake. But smelled like a sewer due to raw sewage spilling out of our manhole covers. What can done to correct this health hazard?

Call the DEP.

Guest not me

kay im sorry to say but no luck till santos goes! also i miss donny he was 1 of my best frie :lol: nds

Guest Guest

We're too busy with the LaClair issue to address this problem.

Guest Guest

How would YOU stop the rain??? Both of those storms dropped several inches of rain in an hour, overwhelming the sewers. Yes Schuyler and King was flooded by about 530..but the water was also GONE by 730. Lets be realistic here, there are some things that just cant be prevented.

Guest Ms. K. DeRay
How would YOU stop the rain??? Both of those storms dropped several inches of rain in an hour, overwhelming the sewers.  Yes Schuyler and King was flooded by about 530..but the water was also GONE by 730.  Lets be realistic here, there are some things that just cant be prevented.

By 7:30 the water was gone but the sewage was already out in the street. Im concerned about the foundations of the homes ,and the people who are exposed to sewage.Its in the ground on the lawns. ITS NOT ALL RAIN WATER.Its sewage! Im realistic if the lines were separated I would not be writing this.

Guest Haven't I Heard This Before?

Ms. DeRay,

If my memory serves me correct, this has been an on going situation with you. From what I remeber the town did everything possible at the time to remedy your problem. You also brought suit against the town if Im correct, why don't you just put your house up and sell it. Buy another in a place where you will not have these problems, maybe Elite will buy your house and tear it down and rebuild with a waterproof foundation. It's an option to think about

By 7:30 the water was gone but the sewage was already out in the street.  Im concerned about the foundations of the homes ,and the people who are exposed to sewage.Its in the ground on the lawns. ITS NOT ALL RAIN WATER.Its sewage! Im realistic if the lines were separated  I would not be writing this.

I THOUGHT THAT THIS PROBLEM WAS CORRECTED BY THE STATE??

Ms. DeRay,

If my memory serves me correct, this has been an on going situation with you. From what I remeber the town did everything possible at the time to remedy your problem. You also brought suit against the town if Im correct, why don't you just put your house up and sell it. Buy another in a place where you will not have these problems, maybe Elite will buy your house and tear it down and rebuild with a waterproof foundation. It's an option to think about

This person is a idiot a waterproof foundation would still be damaged. And I clearly remember the State fixed flooding in basements people lost furnace etc. The post states the streets are flooding you idiot..

Guest Century 21
Ms. DeRay,

Why don't you put it up and sell?

This is not this lady's fault.

What an idiot you are!!!

Guest Ms. K. DeRay
The State will not correct anything unless it is an election year.

The State mandated the town to fix the flooding issue in the basements that went on for years. What Iam speaking about are the homes located on Schulyer Ave. ,John hay, and bottom of King St. Should all the people move because no one will fix this? Remember we can not redevelop Schulyer Ave. until we separate the lines. My basement is dry thanks to the state DEP. Its a violation to discharge sewer water out into the streets.

TO the two posts from the juvenille or adults who act like they are in grade school, I just made a comment there was no need to call me an idiot. This is the problem on this web site, if you don't like what you read you call people names, it would have been nicer to say "That would not work, or that is not possible" why do you have to degrade people? I really don't know why I responded to this, because I am an adult that thought maybe moving would be an option, I know that I am not an idiot, I hold a college degree and own my own business. I make over $150,000.00 a year so I don't think that I am that stupid.