Bonds for Stadium

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

We need to make sure that the bond issue for the stadium winds up on a ballot. That is how we will defaeat this thing. Unless of course, the majority wants it. This is accomplished by a petition.

McD, want to issue bonds? Go ahead, but how about using them for things like education to start with. That takes guts.

Muni's are not in very high demand right now. What if Harrison defaults? Wow!

Guest Mr. Harrison
We need to make sure that the bond issue for the stadium winds up on a ballot. That is how we will defaeat this thing. Unless of course, the majority wants it. This is accomplished by a petition.

McD, want to issue bonds? Go ahead, but how about using them for things like education to start with. That takes guts.

Muni's are not in very high demand right now. What if Harrison defaults? Wow!

The mayor and council has been able to get away with doing whatever they want because of public apathy. I would bet that most residents don't know that they're entitled to public hearings on all new development issues, and the residents can demand a say in the direction the town takes and how money is spent. The taxpayers of Harrison need to unite. A "Harrison Taxpayers Organization" that would fill council meetings to overflowing and would demand to be heard is what's needed. Petitions circulated around town, gathering signatures against this 38 million bond issue is what's needed. Council people are elected to represent their constituents. People need to contact their elected representatives and demand that they vote with their constituents in mind. If a majority of the town residents united, they could scuttle this bond issue. Remember, this 38 million is just like putting it on a credit card. Annual payments will become part of the municipal budget every year and will be tacked on to everyones tax bill. Couple this with the inevitable school tax increases that will have to occur with this flood of new students that will be hitting the schools and you get a double whammy of taxes. I think this mayor and council is out of control, I think they're like a kid in a candy store with a $20. Only a united organization of resident taxpayers can rein them in.

Why don't all you cry babies shut up!!!!

The statdium is a done deal it's over!!!!

Typical Harrison response",white trash people who aspire to nothing but moving to a bigger house in the Gardens.When was the last time something good came from here?

The stadium is not a done deal. Pieces of paper were signed, but there is still a funding issue.

If your all for the stadium, good for you, support it. But your white trash talk is out of line. That's personally directed at me. It's also a federal hate crime statement.

If some of us oppose the idea, that is our right to organize and try and stop it.

I also don't have ambitions of moving into the gardens. Why don't you leave those in the gardens alone and stop making statements that disparage those that live there. I'm sure most residing there don't want to and would rather be homeowners. Unfortunately, some people have struggles.

Now why don't you just SUAD!

Not a done deal...yeah right!!! It's like saying the judge sentenced me to life but I have an appeal pending...LOL

If you oppose it that is your choice,I do not see anything in writting or in public from all "you'opposition groups!!! Cowards!!! Now shut up and go with the flow or you will be replace.

and do not reply"I do not work for the Town ectect" OK you live and own a house here...now deal with all the parking issues this will create...eat it

Guest 2smart4u
Not a done deal...yeah right!!!  It's like saying the judge sentenced me to life but I have an appeal pending...LOL

If you oppose it that is your choice,I do not see anything in writting or in public from all "you'opposition groups!!! Cowards!!! Now shut up and go with the flow or you will be replace.

and do not reply"I do not work for the Town ectect" OK you live and own a house here...now deal with all the parking issues this will  create...eat it

Good grief, how do go through life writing on a 5th grade level ??

Archived