Nightmare Coming

Guest Sleepless in Harrison

The nightmare is the invasion of Harrison that's coming. I've read that 7,000 new housing units will be built in the redevelopment area. Using an average of 4 people per household; 2 parents, 2 children, that's 28 THOUSAND PEOPLE, 14,000 of which Harrison will have to find classroom space for. Space that doesn't exist now !!

We all know what the traffic and parking is like now, how are we ever going to handle this ?

What about recreation. With the town population more than doubling, where are all the kids going to play sports. EVERY town provides fields for playing baseball, soccer, tennis, whatever. When these kids get into high school, how will they be able to compete with other schools whose kids have been playing sports in grammer school leagues for years ??

We're paying big taxes and our kids don't even have a place to hit a baseball. Does anyone care about this besides me?? If the mayor reads this forum, does he agree with what I'm saying ?? Does he care ?? Do any council people care ??

Guest Guest

he dont care, he has no kids ,and if you dont know he is going to be the 1st owner at river park. he said that at the presentation last month.

The nightmare is the invasion of Harrison that's coming. I've read that 7,000 new housing units will be built in the redevelopment area. Using an average of 4 people per household; 2 parents, 2 children, that's 28 THOUSAND PEOPLE, 14,000 of which  Harrison will have to find classroom space for. Space that doesn't  exist now !!

We all know what the traffic and parking is like now, how are we ever going to handle this ?

What about recreation. With the town population more than doubling, where are all the kids going to play sports. EVERY town provides fields for playing baseball, soccer, tennis, whatever.  When these kids get into high school, how will they be able to compete with other schools whose kids have been playing sports in grammer school leagues for years ??

We're paying big taxes and our kids don't even have a place to hit a baseball. Does anyone care about this besides me?? If the mayor reads this forum, does he agree with what I'm saying ?? Does he care ??  Do any council people care ??

Guest guest guest

Hey Sleepless in Harrison,

You were part of the team that voted them in, because you didn't VOTE or because you didn't help the other team, or because you believed their lies. NOW IS THE TIME TO GET ACTIVE. MOTIVATE YOUR NEIGHBORS, YOUR FRIENDS AND GO TO TOWN MEETINGS. HELP A NEW TEAM GET ELECTED. BE A PART OF THEIR TEAM IF THEY SHARE YOUR IDEAS AND VIEWS.

TBA

he dont care, he has no kids ,and if you dont know he is going to be the 1st owner at river park.  he said that at the presentation last month.

Would anyone want to guess what the mayor is paying for his housing unit ?? I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'd be willing to pay what he's paying for a residence. Call me crazy.

You were part of the team that voted them in, because you didn't VOTE or because you didn't help the other team, or because you believed their lies.  NOW IS THE TIME TO GET ACTIVE.  MOTIVATE YOUR NEIGHBORS, YOUR FRIENDS AND GO TO TOWN MEETINGS.  HELP A NEW TEAM GET ELECTED.  BE A PART OF THEIR TEAM IF THEY SHARE YOUR IDEAS AND VIEWS.

TBA

When are we going to be told how the town plans to handle these 28,000 new people in town (14,000 new school kids). THIS IS GOING TO BE A MONSTER OF A PROBLEM . Yet no one, not the mayor, not one council person, is talking about it ?? Why ?? Don't they think it's going to be a problem ?? Don't they care ?? Aren't they aware it's going to be a problem?? Are they all freakin' asleep ??

Guest Guest

well I heard that a councilman is too busy to worry about that because he is trying to tell cops how to do there job on the corner of harrison ave and frank e rodgers blvd. What's wrong DK you mad because you you lost in court!!!!!!! pay the fine and shut your mouth as@%$#@. You should not even be a councilman you Jerkoff. Hope the wagon runs you over.

When are we going to be told how the town plans to handle these 28,000 new people in town (14,000 new school kids). THIS IS GOING TO BE A MONSTER OF A PROBLEM .  Yet no one, not the mayor, not one council person, is talking about it ?? Why ??  Don't they think it's going to be a problem ??  Don't they care ?? Aren't they aware it's going to be a problem??  Are they all freakin' asleep ??

Guest Guest

Address this in a town meeting, if you know when they are!

Bring a group of people like our old councilman Milan did.

maybe contacting him would be a good start.

TBA

Guest Concerned Citizen
well I heard that a councilman is too busy to worry about that because he is trying to tell cops how to do there job on the corner of harrison ave and frank e rodgers blvd.  What's wrong DK you mad because you you lost in court!!!!!!!  pay the fine and shut your mouth as@%$#@.  You should not even be a councilman you Jerkoff. Hope the wagon runs you over.

I don't think the mayor and council has ever given a thought to the impact on the school system that all these new homes are going to create. I have 2 young boys and they have nowhere to play. Why can't the town make some playing fields on some of that land. Instead of cramming houses onto every square inch of land, why not take care of the kids that already live here.

Guest Concerned Citizen

Address this in a town meeting, if you know when they are!

Bring a group of people like our old councilman Milan did.

maybe contacting him would be a good start.

TBA

Has anyone ever heard the mayor or any councilman address the issue of all these people moving into town and the impact on our school system ?? Has this subject come up at any council meetings ??

If not, then WHEN ?? When all these kids start registering for school and there is no space for them, is there going to be a riot ?? Does the town have a plan for this ?? My guess is there is NO PLAN and they don't know what the hell they're going to do. I believe they were in such a great hurry to sign all those construction contracts that they never gave a thought to the impact on the school system, traffic, parking, fire protection, police protection, garbage pick-up, sewage capacity, recycling costs, etc. etc. At some point, our "town leaders" are going to have to face these issues. I can't wait to hear what excuses they will have for the problems THEY will have caused with this grossly over-inflated redevelopment. Think about it, all these new housing units going in and not one playing field for the kids to hit a baseball around. That's looking out for you, folks !!

Guest Guest
I don't think the mayor and council has ever given a thought to the impact on the school system that all these new homes are going to create.  I have 2 young boys and they have nowhere to play. Why can't the town make some playing fields on some of that land. Instead of cramming houses onto every square inch of land, why not take care of the kids that already live here.

Tell your sons to stuff some envelopes and hand them over to Pete and the Mayor or possibly Tom (he's their bag man) and they will get you some playing fields.

why should they address the issue. When these kids are old enough to attend hihg school they will be long gone, they will have made their small fortune and moved away or passed away

Guest Guest

Councilman DK Je**off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think the mayor and council has ever given a thought to the impact on the school system that all these new homes are going to create.  I have 2 young boys and they have nowhere to play. Why can't the town make some playing fields on some of that land. Instead of cramming houses onto every square inch of land, why not take care of the kids that already live here.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Guest Sleepless In Harrison
why should they address the issue.  When these kids are old enough to attend hihg school they will be long gone, they will have made their small fortune and moved away or passed away

Any redevelopment of this size should have involved a professional planner. A professional planner would have laid out a sensible combination of housing, light industry and open space areas for passive recreation; jogging trails, grassy areas with park benches, a tennis court,etc. I wonder if the town officials who made the decisions on this redevelopment have any professional planning experience ?? Somehow, I don't think so.

for passive recreation; jogging trails, grassy areas with park benches, a tennis court,etc. I wonder if the town officials who made the decisions on this redevelopment have any professional planning experience ?? Somehow, I don't think so.
Ask Tommy P. (TP) he'll tell you that "passive recreation; jogging trails, grassy areas with park benches, a tennis court,etc." DON'T PAY TAXES!!

TBA

Guest future seer

WHO is going to be buying these "River Park" apartments???? My guess is that there will be no owners actually living there and they will rent to ANYBODY for a profit.

Traffic, pollution, and over-crowding are going to be the least of your problems.

WHO is going to be buying these "River Park" apartments???? My guess is that there will be no owners actually living there and they will rent to ANYBODY for a profit.

Traffic, pollution, and over-crowding are going to be the least of your problems.

I'm sure you're right. There probably will be many absentee landlords that will rent to anyone that can pay the rent. I can see it now, families doubling up to afford the rent. 6 to 8 kids per unit enrolling in the schools. It's going to be a freakin' zoo !!

Guest Guest

Absentee landlords is one of the biggest reasons this town is on the decline. However, for RiverPark, I think the percentage of rentors will be extremely low. Still a problem of population increase.

Everyone is measuring four people per unit (2 adults, 2 children) with the children overflowing our schools. Not every family will be four, and not every child will attend a Harrison school.

We'll see what happens, but anything in this dirty disgusting eyesore is an improvement.

Absentee landlords is one of the biggest reasons this town is on the decline. However, for RiverPark, I think the percentage of rentors will be extremely low. Still a problem of population increase.

Everyone is measuring four people per unit (2 adults, 2 children) with the children overflowing our schools. Not every family will be four, and not every child will attend a Harrison school.

We'll see what happens, but anything in this dirty disgusting eyesore is an improvement.

Granted, not every family will be four. But some will be 6 or more, so I think it will average out close to 4 per unit. And I think most will be attending Harrison schools. I will disagree that " anything is an improvement". I don't think that doubling (at least) the town population without any consideration to the impact on our schools, police and fire budgets, sewage and sanitation costs, traffic and parking , etc. can be considered an "improvement". I hope I'm proven wrong, but I truly believe that this massive influx of new residents is going to be a disaster, the worst thing that's ever happened to Harrison.

Guest ****Guest*****
Has anyone ever heard the mayor or any councilman address the issue of all these people moving into town and the impact on our school system ?? Has this subject come up at any council meetings ??

If not, then WHEN ??  When all these kids start registering for school and there is no space for them,  is there going to be a riot ??  Does the town have a plan for this ??  My guess is there is NO PLAN and they don't know what the hell they're going to do. I believe they were in such a great hurry to sign all those construction contracts that they never gave a thought to the impact on the school system, traffic, parking, fire protection, police protection, garbage pick-up, sewage capacity, recycling costs, etc. etc.  At some point, our "town leaders" are going to have to face these issues. I can't wait to hear what excuses they will have for the problems THEY  will have caused with this grossly over-inflated redevelopment. Think about it, all these new housing units going in and not one playing field for the kids to hit a baseball around. That's looking out for you, folks !!

I Bet The Deceased Mayor Rodgers is turning over in His Grave.......

Guest get some sleep

Listen,

calm down .Do you think that the population of this community is going to double overnight?.At the rate they are moving it would be at least ten years before this development ,as planned, will be completed.The housing ,if you were paying attention, is not family friendly.They are not courting families.They are not planning two family houses.Most of the property will be geared to yuppies and recently retired .They are selling proximity to New York not Harrison.Do a little research before you go crazy about population.Hoboken High School in the last four years has gone from a large Group 4 school to a small 1.Not family friendly.

What you should be concerned about is the f-ing traffic nightmare that construction and the Stickle Bridge repairs will bring.What you should be very concerned about are the liars and the bozos that are in charge of the rebuilding of Harrison..follow the money.By the way,if you want to lose sleep about something,be a coach in Harrison and wonder where the hell you're going to be from day to day.Be a home owner when you can't park your car and it takes you 2 hours just to leave town.Try and sell your house then.Follow the money

uote=Sleepless in Harrison,Jul 13 2005, 08:31 AM]

Granted, not every family will be four. But some will be 6 or more, so I think it will average out close to 4 per unit. And I think most will be attending Harrison schools. I will disagree that " anything is an improvement". I don't think that doubling (at least) the town population without any consideration to the impact on our schools, police and fire budgets, sewage and sanitation costs, traffic and parking , etc. can be considered an "improvement". I hope I'm proven wrong, but I truly believe that this massive influx of new residents is going to be a disaster, the worst thing that's ever happened to Harrison.

Guest get some sleep

Listen,

calm down .Do you think that the population of this community is going to double overnight?.At the rate they are moving it would be at least ten years before this development ,as planned, will be completed.The housing ,if you were paying attention, is not family friendly.They are not courting families.They are not planning two family houses.Most of the property will be geared to yuppies and recently retired .They are selling proximity to New York not Harrison.Do a little research before you go crazy about population.Hoboken High School in the last four years has gone from a large Group 4 school to a small 1.Not family friendly.

What you should be concerned about is the f-ing traffic nightmare that construction and the Stickle Bridge repairs will bring.What you should be very concerned about are the liars and the bozos that are in charge of the rebuilding of Harrison..follow the money.By the way,if you want to lose sleep about something,be a coach in Harrison and wonder where the hell you're going to be from day to day.Be a home owner when you can't park your car and it takes you 2 hours just to leave town.Try and sell your house then.Follow the money

Guest Town Resident
Granted, not every family will be four. But some will be 6 or more, so I think it will average out close to 4 per unit. And I think most will be attending Harrison  schools.  I will disagree that " anything is an improvement".  I don't think that doubling (at least) the town population without any consideration to the impact on our schools, police and fire budgets, sewage and sanitation costs, traffic and parking , etc. can be considered an "improvement".  I hope I'm proven wrong, but I truly believe that this massive influx of new residents is going to be a disaster, the worst thing that's ever happened to Harrison.

I think our "town Officials" were no match for the development attorneys. They sold this town down the river with all these new housing units. If we had a professional planner onboard that was looking out for us, the town could have negotiated a better deal. I think "Sleepless" is right, this redevelopment is going to be the worst thing that ever happened to this town. Without mentioning any names, we all know who we'll have to thank for the mess.

Guest RealEstateMogul

Listen,

The housing in this town now is not "Family Friendly"now. How many people are living in three and four room apts. now that were made for 1 or two people?

This town has a tax base to take care of 10,000----not the 14,000+ it has now. It will only get worse.

This is not the first time it has been posted that only couples and families with one child will be mooving in.

How is the town going to arrange that?

Tell everyone that they can't have sex when they move into this one square mile bastion of democracy?

Or are they just not going to sell to people that don't fit the re-development profile?--

And before you say the developers will have to handle the lawsuits --think about it --the cost will be shifted to the rest of us by means of fees and taxes.

No company in thier right mind is going to do business in this town without iron clad gaurentees that they are'nt going to be held liable for any lawsuit that come down the pike.(Literally)

Guest Guest

Here's another thing to lose sleep over.....

What if NOBODY wants to rent or buy?????

They could turn into HUD housing in a heartbeat if the town is not collecting tax revenue on them.

How much are these Passaic River view units going for?

By the way, get with the times, YUPPIES are over....

Guest Guest

I thought I saw a YUPPIE the other day, but you're right they are extinct.

As for the housing, don't worry about them becoming HUD. These will sell fast. They will also increase 20% value within 1 year of final completion.

Archived