Spectraserv

Guest Environmental Guy

Guest Environmental Guy

Mayor Santos at last night's council meeting ripped into the owner of the propertyh adjacent to Spectraserv. Santos repeated over and over that he could not enforce the environmental ordinance from the town of Kearny because it was superseded by Hudson County and the DEP. He refused to take any action to stop the noxious and apparently sickening fumes coming from Spectraserv. Mayor Santos even got the town attorney involved to issue an opinion that nothing could be done to stop Spectraserv.

The Mayor must be getting some heavy campaign contributions to allow such an environmental condition to continue to exist in South Kearny. But then again, the Mayor has done nothing for three years while Kuehne Chemical continues to operate as usual.

Guest A. Realist
Mayor Santos at last night's council meeting ripped into the owner of the propertyh adjacent to Spectraserv.  Santos repeated over and over that he could not enforce the environmental ordinance from the town of Kearny because it was superseded by Hudson County and the DEP.  He refused to take any action to stop the noxious and apparently sickening fumes coming from Spectraserv.  Mayor Santos even got the town attorney involved to issue an opinion that nothing could be done to stop Spectraserv. 

The Mayor must be getting some heavy campaign contributions to allow such an environmental condition to continue to exist in South Kearny.  But then again, the Mayor  has done nothing for three years while Kuehne Chemical continues to operate as usual.

Thank you, John Pinho, for that objective, unbiased report. You will do anything, say anything, to try to discredit the Mayor. Great strategy. How's that workin' for ya? Well, you have another FOUR years to perfect it.

Mayor Santos at last night's council meeting ripped into the owner of the propertyh adjacent to Spectraserv.  Santos repeated over and over that he could not enforce the environmental ordinance from the town of Kearny because it was superseded by Hudson County and the DEP.  He refused to take any action to stop the noxious and apparently sickening fumes coming from Spectraserv.  Mayor Santos even got the town attorney involved to issue an opinion that nothing could be done to stop Spectraserv. 

The Mayor must be getting some heavy campaign contributions to allow such an environmental condition to continue to exist in South Kearny.  But then again, the Mayor  has done nothing for three years while Kuehne Chemical continues to operate as usual.

Mayor Santos had his chance to join me in the fight against Spectrasev in 2001. He half-heartedly supported my Resolution against them, never joined me in my letter-writing campaign to the Dept. of Energy about them and completely ignored my plan of action to keep them from enlarging their sewage processing facility.

As a result, so far his year there have been almost as many complaints to DEP about the smell of sewage from the Spectraserv plant as their are from the King St. / Schuyler Ave residents.

Jim Mangin

Guest Guest 99

Imagine that! The Mayor refuses to break the law, after getting an opinion from a taxpayer paid attorney, and you're complaining. And the reason he did this was because of campaign contributions! Shame on you, Big Al, for doing the right thing. :rolleyes:

Guest guest
Imagine that! The Mayor refuses to break the law, after getting an opinion from a taxpayer paid attorney, and you're complaining. And the reason he did this was because of campaign contributions! Shame on you, Big Al, for doing the right thing. :rolleyes:

Does the KMUA have any say in this matter?

Thank you, John Pinho, for that objective, unbiased report. You will do anything, say anything, to try to discredit the Mayor. Great strategy. How's that workin' for ya?  Well, you have another FOUR years to perfect it.

You're welcome. When was the last time I said anything to discredit the Mayor? Since you are so fond of facts, give me that fact. You tend to think that because I ask questions and bring up issues that concern me about Kearny that I am politically motivated. I wish the Mayor the best but do not agree with him on some issues. My concern in South Kearny is not SpectraServ but Kuehne Chemical. The Mayor agrees with me that Kuehne should retrofit its Kearny plant to keep as little Chlorine on hand as possible. They did it in their Delaware plant and should do the same in Kearny. Do you agree with us? My great strategy is have enough time in my week to enjoy life with my wife, my family and friends. I am a busy guy. I make time to go to Town meetings because I believe that its important to do so. You obviously are well informed on the issues and must attend council meetings as well. Don't forget to answer the question on when was the last time I said anything to discredit the Mayor?

Guest A. Realist
You're welcome.  When was the last time I said anything to discredit the Mayor? Since you are so fond of facts, give me that fact.  You tend to think that because I ask questions and bring up issues that concern me about Kearny that I am politically motivated.  I wish the Mayor the best but do not agree with him on some issues.  My concern in South Kearny is not SpectraServ but Kuehne Chemical.  The Mayor agrees with me that Kuehne should retrofit its Kearny plant to keep as little Chlorine on hand as possible.  They did it in their Delaware plant and should do the same in Kearny.  Do you agree with us?  My great strategy is have enough time in my week to enjoy life with my wife, my family and friends.  I am a busy guy.  I make time to go to Town meetings because I believe that its important to do so.  You obviously are well informed on the issues and must attend council meetings as well.  Don't forget to answer the question on when was the last time I said anything to discredit the Mayor?

When you insunuate that the Mayor is granting inappropriate favors to big campaign donors, you are not only trying to discredit him, you are leveling some pretty hefty accusations. Having been associated with several campaigns yourself, you should know better than to hurl those types of unfounded allegations. Campaign finance reporting being what it is, those charges are so easily refuted.

Mr. Pinho, in all honesty, did you not discuss with several groups your desire to run for Mayor? If your answer is "no", then some of your very close friends have been lying. If your answer is "yes" then is that not political motivation?

As to Kuehne Chemical, I trust that Mayor Santos has been in constant communication with the appropriate agencies, specifically Senator Corzine's office in regard to reducing the risks presented by that facility. Excellent article confirming this in the NY Times on Wednesday, June 15th.

Guest Guest
When you insunuate that the Mayor is granting inappropriate favors to big campaign donors, you are not only trying to discredit him, you are leveling some pretty hefty accusations. Having been associated with several campaigns yourself, you should know better than to hurl those types of unfounded allegations. Campaign finance reporting being what it is, those charges are so easily refuted.

Mr. Pinho, in all honesty, did you not discuss with several groups your desire to run for Mayor? If your answer is "no", then some of your very close friends have been lying. If your answer is "yes" then is that not political motivation?

As to Kuehne Chemical, I trust that Mayor Santos has been in constant communication with the appropriate agencies, specifically Senator Corzine's office in regard to reducing the risks presented by that facility. Excellent article confirming this in the NY Times on Wednesday, June 15th.

R U sure your not Al Cifelli?

Your response is based upon the erroneous assumption that my sarcastic "You're welcome" meant I agreed with your statement that I authored the first post. Please state when I have publically tried to discredit the Mayor? Since you are so fond of facts, state that fact.

I have no immediate plans to run for public office. I did entertain the thought and received support from residents of Kearny including several friends who wanted an alternate candidate to Mayor Santos. I ultimately decided not to run. I state again,I wish the Mayor the best but that does not mean I agree with him on every issue nor will I follow him blindly.

I read the NY Times article. Mayor Santos is not mentioned in it. Mayor Santos' constant communication has allowed the plant to remain status quo. Nothing has changed in almost three years. I want a more proactive Mayor and Council on this issue. The Mayor protests against civillly committed sex offenders in South Kearny but not against the Kuehne Chemical Plant. He refuses to take state contributions for housing the sex offenders in South Kearny but he takes a boat for the police department ($10,000) from Kuehne Chemical and does not realize it's a public relations ploy by Kuehne. We have spent more on overtime than 100 boats. With the current state of affairs, we need not only a couple of police boats but a couple of fire boats and we will still not be safe. You also failed to answer the question on whether you support the retrofitting of the plant to meet the Delaware standard?

Guest A. Realist
Your response is based upon the erroneous assumption that my  sarcastic "You're welcome" meant I agreed with your statement that I authored the first post.  Please state when I have publically tried to discredit the Mayor?  Since you are so fond of facts, state that fact.

I have no immediate plans to run for public office.  I did entertain the thought and received support from residents of Kearny including several friends who wanted an alternate candidate to Mayor Santos.  I ultimately decided not to run.  I state again,I wish the Mayor the best but that does not mean I agree with him on every issue  nor will I follow him blindly. 

I read the NY Times article.  Mayor Santos is not mentioned in it.  Mayor Santos' constant communication has allowed the plant to remain status quo.  Nothing has changed in almost three years.  I want a more proactive Mayor and Council on this issue.  The Mayor protests against civillly committed sex offenders in South Kearny but not against the Kuehne Chemical Plant.  He refuses to take state contributions for housing the sex offenders in South Kearny but he takes a boat for the police department  ($10,000) from Kuehne Chemical and does not realize it's a public relations ploy by Kuehne.  We have spent more on overtime than 100 boats.  With the current state of affairs, we need not only a couple of police boats but a couple of fire boats and we will still not be safe.  You also failed to answer the question on whether you support the retrofitting of the plant to meet the Delaware standard?

Mr. Pinho,

Please do not attempt to insult my intelligence by denying that it was your post that accused the Mayor of political paybacks!!!!!!

Everyone supports the reduction of risk at Kuehne. One would have to be an idiot not to, and my mother didn't raise any idiots. (Neither did Al Santos' mother.) You are a bright person. How can you possibly believe that the Mayor has not protested the perils of this problem to the appropriate agencies?

You're not seriously recommending that Kearny accept money for the sex offenders, are you? Why not just welcome them with open arms and chocolate chip cookies? You've expressed this kind of resignation several times. If I were a cynic, I could use your own deductive reasoning against you by coming to the conclusion that since you are not jumping up and down in public protest, you must be accepting of it; ergo you must be profiting from it. Isn't that what your saying about the Mayor in the Kuehne scenario? Alas, I am not cynical and I do not believe that you are a proftier; but you can see how one could very easily come to an invalid conclusion.

If you really wish the Mayor well, why not sit down privately with him to share your suggestions, rather than grand-standing in an open forum?

Guest Flabbergasted
Mr. Pinho,

Please do not attempt to insult my intelligence by denying that it was your post that accused the Mayor of political paybacks!!!!!!

Everyone supports the reduction of risk at Kuehne. One would have to be an idiot not to, and my mother didn't raise any idiots. (Neither did Al Santos' mother.) You are a bright person. How can you possibly believe that the Mayor has not protested the perils of this problem to the appropriate agencies?

You're not seriously recommending that Kearny accept money for the sex offenders, are you? Why not just welcome them with open arms and chocolate chip cookies? You've expressed this kind of resignation several times. If I were a cynic, I could use your own deductive reasoning against you by coming to the conclusion that since you are not jumping up and down in public protest, you must be accepting of it; ergo you must be profiting from it. Isn't that what your saying about the Mayor in the Kuehne scenario? Alas, I am not cynical and I do not believe that you are a proftier; but you can see how one could very easily come to an invalid conclusion.

If you really wish the Mayor well, why not sit down privately with him to share your suggestions, rather than grand-standing in an open forum?

Because "privately" isn't televised and doesn't make the observer.

Guest A. Realist
It sounds motr like his sister Barbara Sherry.

Al Cifelli is much smarter than I, and Barbara Sherry is much prettier. ( That's not to say that I'm not smart and pretty, though.) But thanks.

Guest guest
Al Cifelli is much smarter than I, and Barbara Sherry is much prettier. ( That's not to say that I'm not smart and pretty, though.) But thanks.

Now :lol: you are a female or a want to be? You have a Al Cifelli doll too ! YOU NEED HELP. Instead of Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. You have Al Santos,yes girls and crew. You are sick the way you love them.We know who you are..

Guest Guest 99
Now :lol:  you are a female or a want to be?  You have a Al Cifelli doll too ! YOU NEED HELP. Instead of Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. You have Al Santos,yes girls and crew. You are sick the way you love them.We know who you are..

What a laugh. Everyone posts that they know who you are, A. R., but no one posts a name. Ha! :lol:

Guest A. Realist
Now :lol:  you are a female or a want to be?  You have a Al Cifelli doll too ! YOU NEED HELP. Instead of Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs. You have Al Santos,yes girls and crew. You are sick the way you love them.We know who you are..

Oh, stop. You have no idea who I am! Last time I checked I was definitely NOT female. But what difference does my gender make, you sexist chauvinist? It's intellect, not gender, that counts. (A concept, I am certain, with which you are totally unfamiliar.)

Sick to love, respect or admire someone? How warped are you?

Please stop and get back to ths topic, SPECTRASERVE! Really the way you guys spin and spin. Talk about the topic and cut the sh*t. Thank you. :ph34r:

Guest A. Realist
Please stop and get back to ths topic, SPECTRASERVE! Really the way you guys spin and spin. Talk about the topic and cut the sh*t. Thank you. :ph34r:

SpectraServ: Stinks

Environmental Law: State law supercedes local ordinance

Course of action: All complaints made to local departments are immediately forwarded to the appropriate State agencies.

Does that cut enough sh*t for you?

(You gotta know that John Pinho's post was about a lot more than his concerns about South Kearny.)

Guest Guest

Course of action: All complaints made to local departments are immediately forwarded to the appropriate State agencies.

(You gotta know that John Pinho's post was about a lot more than his concerns about South Kearny.)

Thanks Barbara. I agree with the poster who says that A.Realist is Barbara Sherry. Sherry is coming to the defense of Al Santos.

Guest slim close

Be cool! all I wanted was for the silly stuff to stop, like the who's who, and now your a woman and who's sick that's all. Now lets talk about the topic. So now that it's cut lets talk. Yes I know what it's about and I'm sure you can handle him. I must admit I like reading your stuff. :lol:

Guest Guest
Guest,

You are wrong, but thank you.  Since compliments are few and far between in this forum, I'll take it.

They may as well be the same person, there's not an original thought between all of them.

Guest A. Realist
They may as well be the same person, there's not an original thought between all of them.

Oh, and you guys are all so original and you all present so many different perspectives on issues!! How many different ways can you say, "Sour grapes?"

PS: That clause should read, "...among all of them."

Thanks Barbara.  I agree with the poster who says that A.Realist is Barbara Sherry.  Sherry is coming to the defense of Al Santos.

:lol::lol: you stupid people! you think s/s stinks wait till the dump starts up in the summer sun! hold your nose!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Archived