River Park Presentation

Guest Crowd Searcher

Guest Crowd Searcher

How come Tom Powell was not at the river park presentation last night? I thought he was the lead redevelopment guy(or so he thinks). does anyone know if he will get a place there?

It sure sounded like the Mayor will finally achieve the american dream by living in river park. He stated that he hopes to be the 1st owner there. Does that mean that he will receive his kickback by getting first crack to live there? wow I wonder if river park will receive a special tax rate???????? I guess we will see in the future wont we Mayor McFlub..... I'm sure you dont want your first time paying taxes to be too much.

Guest question

Can some one please explain the invite only meeting the town had concerning the new town homes that are being built. Is it true that the homes will first be offered for sale to town residents only? Now that brings up a red flag - does that mean they will offer it first to those who have inside connections (like certain individuals who are now monopolizing the real estate in this town) or any town residents or person who is interested in buying the property

Guest Hey Now

Was the fact that these homes are in a FLOOD ZONE mentioned. I THINK NOT!!!!

I wouldn't want to live on the first floor untill the flood wall finally goes up. Wasn't that the State who said it had to go up first?? Why does it seem like they are going to ignore the state and put it up anyway. Oh yeah, if TP is in charge it doesn't matter.....////////

Guest Illegal Board

The flooding is an issue which the DEP apparently is looking the other way. Just like the Local Finance Board is looking the other way. Mayor McDonough and Peter Higgins do what ever they want. Look at the report by the Harrison Coalition they analyzed the promises made and point out that these promises were never kept, including the flood problem and the fact that the board's membership makes it an illegal board. See page 8 on for the illegality of the Board. Why has our Governor allowed this to continue? I also heard that the town illegally used Federal grants but nothing was done. The town is on the fast course to destruction.

http://www.njpolitics.com/petition_4-04.pdf

Guest Guest

So is river park in a flood zone? and does anyone know what the taxes are going to be there? How about maintanence fees? The reason I ask is because you could not ask any questions at the presentation. So if anyone has the answers please post.

Guest Town Resident
So is river park in a flood zone? and does anyone know what the taxes are going to be there?  How about maintanence fees?  The reason I ask is because you could not ask any questions at the presentation.  So if anyone has the answers please post.

Property taxes are based on the evaluation of the property. Since this is new construction, the evaluation will be close to the market price. Meaning the taxes will probably be on the high side.

With condos or town homes, residents belong to an association. The asociation takes care of maintenance of the units, snow removal, garbage pick-up, etc. Fees can range from about $200 per month and up.

Archived