Harrison is not the same.

Guest Recent Grad

Guest Recent Grad

I do not mean to stir up emotions, yet one can not help but realize what Harrison is becoming. I am a 19 year college student and a life long resident of Harrison. Harrison has a special place in my heart for i have live here my entire life. I went through the school system from the daycare center infront of the HS to Harrison High. I decided to become a teacher and come back to teach in my home town because in my mind i believed in no greater place. While at college i spoke very highly of this square mile town, its people, and some of its teachers. While back in town for summer break i realized things have changed from night to day. I would never look over my shoulder while walking around to the mini mall, or going to get something to eat a Ginas. But this time around things were different, there was a sense that things were no longer safe and i had to be on watch at all times. The kids are different and it only seems to be getting worse. My question is what is being done to make this town safer? This isn't critsim its just a question. What needs to be done to have Harrison back to the way it used to be though this seems unlikely something has to be done. I tell many people that i want to come back and teach here, and they respond by saying get as far away from Harrison as possible. This is a concern of mine because if i have children i would want them to grow up as i grew up in Harrison. But coming back has given me second thoughts and even second thoughts of teaching in our school system. This town is being over run by thugs, low lifes, and corrupt adults. Something has to be done to change the way Harrison is becoming. Thanks for the time.

Recent Grad

Guest Guest
I do not mean to stir up emotions, yet one can not help but realize what Harrison is becoming. I am a 19 year college student and a life long resident of Harrison. Harrison has a special place in my heart for i have live here my entire life. I went through the school system from the daycare center infront of the HS to Harrison High. I decided to become a teacher and come back to  teach in my home town because in my mind i believed in no greater place. While at college i spoke very highly of this square mile town, its people, and some of its teachers. While back in town for summer break i realized things have changed from night to day. I would never look over my shoulder while walking around to the mini mall, or going to get something to eat a Ginas. But this  time around things were different, there was a sense that things were no longer safe and i had to be on watch at all times. The kids are different and it only seems to be getting worse.  My question is what is being done to make this town safer? This isn't critsim its just a question. What needs to be done to have Harrison back to the way it used to be though this seems unlikely something has to be done. I tell many people that i want to come back and teach here, and they respond by saying get as far away from Harrison as possible. This is a concern of mine because if i have children i would want them to grow up as i grew up in Harrison. But coming back has given me second thoughts and even second thoughts of teaching in  our school system. This town is being over run by thugs, low lifes, and corrupt adults. Something has to be done to change the way Harrison is becoming. Thanks for the time.

Recent Grad

so what are you trying to say that the police violate civil rights and break some heads to get this town back to the way it was? It bad enough that sometimes they only work with 4 officers! complain then.

Guest harrisonhankyhead

Yeah Recent Grad...I got something to make your town a little bit safer. RUN FOR OFFICE AND CUT THE WHINY BULLCRAP OUT. People who are corrupt become empowered because other people allow them to be. So, just get off of your duff...MMM DUFF...and make the people of the town realize the error of their ways. People who talk about problems are weak...those who fix problems are heroes.

Guest Guest

No one is complaining...what the person was trying to say was that something needs to be done,and it's true...come on we all see the type of kids that are walking some of the streets in harrison. It's only going to get worse, he wasn't talking about violating civil rights or breaking heads...maybe have officers crack down on some of these kids.

Guest Recent Grad

I'm not asking the cops to break civil rights but something has to be done., and i never singled cops out as the only solution to this problem. My post was not a question nor a complaint just an observation on my coming back to Harrison.

Recent Grad

Guest Guest
I do not mean to stir up emotions, yet one can not help but realize what Harrison is becoming. I am a 19 year college student and a life long resident of Harrison. Harrison has a special place in my heart for i have live here my entire life. I went through the school system from the daycare center infront of the HS to Harrison High. I decided to become a teacher and come back to  teach in my home town because in my mind i believed in no greater place. While at college i spoke very highly of this square mile town, its people, and some of its teachers. While back in town for summer break i realized things have changed from night to day. I would never look over my shoulder while walking around to the mini mall, or going to get something to eat a Ginas. But this  time around things were different, there was a sense that things were no longer safe and i had to be on watch at all times. The kids are different and it only seems to be getting worse.  My question is what is being done to make this town safer? This isn't critsim its just a question. What needs to be done to have Harrison back to the way it used to be though this seems unlikely something has to be done. I tell many people that i want to come back and teach here, and they respond by saying get as far away from Harrison as possible. This is a concern of mine because if i have children i would want them to grow up as i grew up in Harrison. But coming back has given me second thoughts and even second thoughts of teaching in  our school system. This town is being over run by thugs, low lifes, and corrupt adults. Something has to be done to change the way Harrison is becoming. Thanks for the time.

Recent Grad

Well Said...An The truth

Archived