Fireworks

Guest Guest

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why they wouldn't be...

In fact, I think I remember reading on a banner on Kearny Ave. that the rain date is July 5th.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is'nt July 4th an AMERICAN holiday....you know the one for the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.....then why for the love of god was the opening song Santana your so smooth..............WHERE WAS THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER? Where was God Bless AMERICA..........mayor Council and the rest of the people involved you all SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR SELVES.

As an AMERICAN born and rasied in Kearny I was ashamed and the firework show was awful

Guest Guest

In fact, I think I remember reading on a banner on Kearny Ave. that the rain date is July 5th.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is'nt July 4th an AMERICAN holiday....you know the one for the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.....then why for the love of god was the opening song Santana your so smooth

Because it is Smooth is a good song and you forgot a very important detail. Smooth is a colaboration between Santana and ROB THOMAS, a very America musician.

Your other issues maybe be legitimate, I don't know, I didn't get to the show. But to complain about the playing of Smooth is weak.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is'nt July 4th an AMERICAN holiday....you know the one for the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.....then why for the love of god was the opening song Santana your so smooth..............WHERE WAS THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER?

But it would have to be played on instruments that weren't invented in AMERICA! How could anyone disgrace the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA by playing music at all on all of these NON-AMERICAN instruments?!?!?!??!?

:):P

Where was God Bless AMERICA..........

Same place as God, apparently. :P

Guest 2smart4u
But it would have to be played on instruments that weren't invented in AMERICA! How could anyone disgrace the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA by playing music at all on all of these NON-AMERICAN instruments?!?!?!??!?

Kool-Aid alert !!

Guest Guest

Wow! Capital A-Hole on this one Strife. The 4th of July, our traditional Independence Day celebration, might be viewed by some as a celebration of the United States of America. They might even want to celebrate with some traditional music that is otherwise frequently played and enjoyed by many immigrant sons and daughters of this great country of ours. Just disagree with the author, period, if you must. Save your whiny, sanctimonious drivel for someone close to you.

You really are full of yourself.

PS try not to reply, bet you can't. See you in the funny pages..........

Guest Guest_Manny Ventoso jr._*

Correct me if I'm wrong but is'nt July 4th an AMERICAN holiday....you know the one for the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.....then why for the love of god was the opening song Santana your so smooth..............WHERE WAS THE STAR SPANGLED BANNER? Where was God Bless AMERICA..........mayor Council and the rest of the people involved you all SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR SELVES.

As an AMERICAN born and rasied in Kearny I was ashamed and the firework show was awful

I bet you don't know the words to the S.S.B. I could just tell by your typing how ignorant you are, and you call yourself AMERICAN BORN. Explain why you think the fireworks show was awful.

Wow! Capital A-Hole on this one Strife.

Oh, please. Spazzing out over a stupid song? Any real patriot wouldn't throw a hissy fit over that. The sarcasm was well-merited, thank you. <_< It's not like we don't hear traditional "USA music" all the time at sporting events, or that hearing the national anthem is such a rare occurrence that some major opportunity is lost if some other song is heard.

The 4th of July, our traditional Independence Day celebration, might be viewed by some as a celebration of the United States of America.

And those who really know what we are celebrating and why would see the irony in the post of the person I responded to. Apparently, it's eluded you as well. Hint: "freedom."

They might even want to celebrate with some traditional music that is otherwise frequently played and enjoyed by many immigrant sons and daughters of this great country of ours.

I have a feeling you meant "isn't otherwise." Again, the national anthem isn't exactly a rare song to hear. I'm not saying we shouldn't hear it--I'm saying that it's not exactly the kind of tragedy the original poster made it out to be.

Just disagree with the author, period, if you must.

I did nothing but parody his/her own exaggeratory post. If you have a problem with mine and not with his/hers (as is clearly the case), then you are being hypocritical and transparently biased.

No, you have no problem with the tantrum, but I'm an asshole for making fun of it. That totally makes sense. :P:lol:

Save your whiny, sanctimonious drivel for someone close to you. 

You really are full of yourself.

PS try not to reply, bet you can't.  See you in the funny pages..........

Yes, take your cheap shots, then go on and fade back into the sea of guests. Whatever. B)

Guest Striving For 1776
Oh, please. Spazzing out over a stupid song? Any real patriot wouldn't throw a hissy fit over that. The sarcasm was well-merited, thank you. <_< It's not like we don't hear traditional "USA music" all the time at sporting events, or that hearing the national anthem is such a rare occurrence that some major opportunity is lost if some other song is heard.

And those who really know what we are celebrating and why would see the irony in the post of the person I responded to. Apparently, it's eluded you as well. Hint: "freedom."

I have a feeling you meant "isn't otherwise." Again, the national anthem isn't exactly a rare song to hear. I'm not saying we shouldn't hear it--I'm saying that it's not exactly the kind of tragedy the original poster made it out to be.

I did nothing but parody his/her own exaggeratory post. If you have a problem with mine and not with his/hers (as is clearly the case), then you are being hypocritical and transparently biased.

No, you have no problem with the tantrum, but I'm an asshole for making fun of it. That totally makes sense. :P:lol:

Yes, take your cheap shots, then go on and fade back into the sea of guests. Whatever. B)

It's full of...........................instruments...............!

Let one thread get through. Do it for the children.

PS Sorry if I hurt your feelings, that was not my intention.

"Well then why did you write such hurtful things?".

I did not.

"Did too."

Shut up!

"No, you shut up"

Any way............ I am no longer swimming with the guests s ss sss. I am now he who shall be known as "Striving For 1776". This way I won't be anonomoose anymore. :)

Guest Guest
It's full of...........................instruments...............!

Let one thread get through.  Do it for the children. 

PS Sorry if I hurt your feelings, that was not my intention.

"Well then why did you write such hurtful things?". 

I did not.

"Did too."

Shut up!

"No, you shut up"

Any way............ I am no longer swimming with the guests s ss sss.  I am now he who shall be known as "Striving For 1776". This way I won't be anonomoose anymore. :D

Strifey knows better than all of us put together. To him nothing means anything. Including flag, anthem, pledge, etc. Only Paul, Matt and Strifey know what it means to be a true patriot.

Guest Guest

I was unable to be at the show but would like to know how was the fireworks display? Was it worth the money spent ? Or ho hum? Please try to convey your opinion of the show and not all your BS about each other. Thanks in advance.

Ps. Did Phil Martone do a good job this year?

Guest Striving for 1776
I am certainly not the only one who knows that patriotism lies not in a ritual, symbol, or song, but in action taken for the good of one's country.

Noooooo...... no. We do not want no stinkin' badges............ celebrate the Patriots but not be one this day. We just want comfort in tradition and a common shared thread that we can call our own. My ancestors weren't even here when independence was won. Just like Strife though I am ready to answer the call when it comes.

Call the U.S.A. home and enjoy all it will offer you. You're free to make your own choice and choices. Any good patriot knows that.