Kearny- The good vs The bad

KearnyGuy26

Hello All,

I'm pretty new to this forum, and I couldn't help it notice as I searched the archives.....quite a few weren't too pleased with Kearny for one thing or another.

So I thought, why not start a somewhat possibly constructive thread listing the good things about Kearny (especially the things that have changed for the better over the past 5-10 years, VS the things that YOU would like to see changed, along with some ideas on how you would implement the changes.

Guess I'll start

THE GOOD

The wheelchair accessible sidewalks

Cleaned up reconstructed parks around town

Remodelization of Kearny Avenue

The more frequent paving of our streets (or so I think)

Just an overall fresher/cleaner looking town

THE COULD USE IMPROVING

Stores on Kearny Avenue- I would like to see all of the businesses on Kearny Avenue get new awnings/fixtures ect, I think there should be a criteria that has to be met to own a business on the avenue.

No neon lights ect ect

I've actually noticed\seen a few people rolling shopping carts to a specific point and just leave them there.

I would like to see some kind of bars installed at K-Mart and the surrounding businesses so the carts wouldn't be allowed off the premises.

I've also noticed a lot of craked/lifted sidewalks due to tree damage around town.

This is the town's responsibility and they shouldn't have to be called in order to have the sidewalk fixed.

Just like they have their employees driving around looking for infractions such as missing work permits ect, they should have someone looking into this.

Homeless off the streets, I know there are loopholes that let them sit there and drink, but there seems to be more in Kearny than other surrounding towns.

Obviously, Kearny is doing something wrong.

I think this is a good start...I'm sure quite a few will chime in here...

Take it away

Guest Guest
Hello All,

I'm pretty new to this forum, and I couldn't help it notice as I searched the archives.....quite a few weren't too pleased with Kearny for one thing or another.

So I thought, why not start a somewhat possibly constructive thread listing the good things about Kearny (especially the things that have changed for the better over the past 5-10 years, VS the things that YOU would like to see changed, along with some ideas on how you would implement the changes.

Guess I'll start

THE GOOD

The wheelchair accessible sidewalks

Cleaned up reconstructed parks around town

Remodelization of Kearny Avenue

The more frequent paving of our streets (or so I think)

Just an overall fresher/cleaner looking town

THE COULD USE IMPROVING

Stores on Kearny Avenue- I would like to see all of the businesses on Kearny Avenue get new awnings/fixtures ect, I think there should be a criteria that has to be met to own a business on the avenue.

No neon lights ect ect

I've actually noticed\seen a few people rolling shopping carts to a specific point and just leave them there.

I would like to see some kind of bars installed at K-Mart and the surrounding businesses so the carts wouldn't be allowed off the premises.

I've also noticed a lot of craked/lifted sidewalks due to tree damage around town.

This is the town's responsibility and they shouldn't have to be called in order to have the sidewalk fixed.

Just like they have their employees driving around looking for infractions such as missing work permits ect, they should have someone looking into this.

Homeless off the streets, I know there are loopholes that let them sit there and drink, but there seems to be more in Kearny than other surrounding towns.

Obviously, Kearny is doing something wrong.

I think this is a good start...I'm sure quite a few will chime in here...

Take it away

"Things that could be improved" The Town should get a new administrator. <_<

Guest guest
"Things that could be improved" The Town should get a new administrator. <_<

Now Mayor, isn't this just like you in an election year to praise your accomplishments under a phony guise. This town is a pig sty, just look at the dirt all over town. Having town employees power washing sidewalks on Kearny Avenue just doesn't cut it. As far as I can tell the town is way late in making all street corners handicap accessible. Just like the garbage spewing into the homes of residents on King Street. How long ago did you know about this Mayor? Of course you fixed it now its election time for you.

<_<

Thanks for the laugh!

Seriously though, I'm not the mayor or would I ever want to hold any form of public office.

Interesting points you make though...I too have heard about the garbage spewing issue, just wasn't sure where it was.

THAT IS TRULY UNACCEPTABLE...

I don't know what causes that, but surely there is a solution and the town must act.

I cannot even imagine having sewage pouring into my home.

If the mayor/town isn't addressing that issue, I only hope those residents take this tto a higher court.

As for the dirt all over town, I admit, I don't work in town and really don't walk around town much either, but I think calling it a pig sty is a bit much don't you think?

To be honest with you I didn't even know that he was up for reelection, that's how up to date I am on Kearny politics.

Now Mayor, isn't this just like you in an election year to praise your accomplishments under a phony guise. This town is a pig sty, just look at the dirt all over town. Having town employees power washing sidewalks on Kearny Avenue just doesn't cut it. As far as I can tell the town is way late in making all street corners handicap accessible. Just like the garbage spewing into the homes of residents on King Street. How long ago did you know about this Mayor? Of course you fixed it now its election time for you.

Guest Guest 99

No neon lights ect ect

About five or six years ago there was a program whereby store owners could get a matching grant to improve their stoefronts. There were someguidelines as to style, but most opted out do to cost.

Removing a shopping cart from a premises is theft of property. The onus for carts around town lies on the people, not the store.

Wrong. It is the responsibility of the property owner to repair/replace broken sidewalks. The town will cut back the roots if possibe, but that's it. :ph34r:

Thanks Mr. Mayor :ph34r:

Kidding......I always assumed that the town was responsible for damaged sidewalks due to trees they planted.

Learn something new everyday

No neon lights ect ect

About five or six years ago there was a program whereby store owners could get a matching grant to improve their stoefronts. There were someguidelines as to style, but most opted out do to cost.

Removing a shopping cart from a premises is theft of property. The onus for carts around town lies on the people, not the store.

Wrong. It is the responsibility of the property owner to repair/replace broken sidewalks. The town will cut back the roots if possibe, but that's it. B)

Archived