Homeless People

Guest Concerned Citizen

Guest Concerned Citizen

This town needs to do something to get the homeless/bums off the streets. They are only begging for drug and alcohol money. For those passing through, it looks like our town is fast going down hill. And most importantly, the small children are afraid of them.

Guest Guest
This town needs to do something to get the homeless/bums off the streets.  They are only begging for drug and alcohol money.  For those passing through, it looks like our town is fast going down hill.  And most importantly, the small children are afraid of them.

Unfortunately, the Courts have dertemined that it is unconstitutional to "Get the Homeless/Bums Off the Streets".. Ask Morristown, who payed hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages for their lawsuits, after one of the local Homeless people sued the Town after being kicked out of the public Library, even though his lack of personaly hygine was both offensive, and a health risk to other patrons. This individual now, literally makes his camp in Morristown's Police HQ, trying to bait them into arresting him, so he can sue again. Incidentally, this man (I can't remember his name offhand) has literally made a career of Suing towns for "Violating his Right to be Homeless". Yes, they are distasteful, yes, they frighten the children, but there is literally nothing that can be done about it, thanks to the courts.

This town needs to do something to get the homeless/bums off the streets.  They are only begging for drug and alcohol money.  For those passing through, it looks like our town is fast going down hill.  And most importantly, the small children are afraid of them.

i do see a lot more on the ave now.

It never seems to amaze me when I read a story of a person taking advantage of the law by sueing.

Major major loophole there....

I'm sure the courts are working on it though :blink:

Unfortunately, the Courts have dertemined that it is unconstitutional to "Get the Homeless/Bums Off the Streets".. Ask Morristown, who payed hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages for their lawsuits, after one of the local Homeless people sued the Town after being kicked out of the public Library, even though his lack of personaly hygine was both offensive, and a health risk to other patrons.  This individual now, literally makes his camp in Morristown's Police HQ, trying to bait them into arresting him, so he can sue again.  Incidentally, this man (I can't remember his name offhand) has literally made a career of Suing towns for "Violating his Right to be Homeless".  Yes, they are distasteful, yes, they frighten the children, but there is literally nothing that can be done about it, thanks to the courts.

Guest Guest
It never seems to amaze me when I read a story of a person taking advantage of the law by sueing.

I'm sure the courts are working on it though  <_<

Richard Kreimer is currently in the process of suing NJ Transit for not allowing him on their buses.

Guest No Dukey Links Permitted

What is the Heyduke link doing back on this site! I thought KOTW said there will be no links to inappropriate material allowed. Heyduke offered to remove it (and did) and now it is back. Someone is trying to be underhanded with their actions, right KOTW. Webmaster, please contact Hedukey and instruct them ,Once Again, to remove it! If they will not then remove it for them, thanks

Concerned Parent

p.s.: Nice try Heyduke <_<<_<:P:lol::lol:

Guest Guest
What is the Heyduke link doing back on this site! I thought KOTW said there will be no links to inappropriate material allowed. Heyduke offered to remove it (and did) and now it is back. Someone is trying to be underhanded with their actions, right KOTW. Webmaster, please contact Hedukey and instruct them ,Once Again, to remove it!  If they will not then remove it for them,  thanks

Concerned Parent

p.s.: Nice try Heyduke  <_<  <_<  :P  :lol:  :lol:

Their website is no longer online.

I'm sure the courts are working on it though  <_<

<_<:P WOW THINGS HAVE NOT CHANGED! THE BUMS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PART OF KEARNY." AND SOMETIMES ONCE IN A WHILE" A LIFE SAVER! IN 1963/64 THE LIFE OF A KID WAS SAVED BY A BUM IN THE DUMPS! HE FELL? OR WALKED INTO A HOT ASH PIT! THE BUM SAVED HIM! AND THERE WAS PETE THE BUM" HE WOULD LIVE IN CARS AROUND THE BLUE CASTLE!. AND HELP SOME OF THE BISS OWNERS AROUND THERE! READ THE BIBLE JESUS SAID THERE ALWAYS BE THE POOR/BUMS AND ALIKE! THEY NEED [LOVE] AND [HELP]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOT HARRASSMENT!!!!!BY THE GRACE OF GOD!!!! ~ CARPE DIEM~

Guest Guest
What is the Heyduke link doing back on this site! I thought KOTW said there will be no links to inappropriate material allowed. Heyduke offered to remove it (and did) and now it is back. Someone is trying to be underhanded with their actions, right KOTW. Webmaster, please contact Hedukey and instruct them ,Once Again, to remove it!  If they will not then remove it for them,  thanks

Concerned Parent

p.s.: Nice try Heyduke  <_<  <_<  :P  :lol:  :lol:

Why gear the Heyduke Kidz. Do you have something against boys wit Amish beards and large bellies? Your kid could do worse, he could turn into OldFart56. :lol:

Guest Guest
<_<  <_<  WOW THINGS HAVE NOT CHANGED! THE BUMS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PART OF KEARNY." AND SOMETIMES ONCE IN A WHILE" A LIFE SAVER! IN 1963/64 THE LIFE OF A KID WAS SAVED BY A BUM IN THE DUMPS! HE FELL? OR WALKED INTO A HOT ASH PIT! THE BUM SAVED HIM! AND THERE WAS PETE THE BUM" HE WOULD LIVE IN CARS AROUND THE BLUE CASTLE!. AND HELP SOME OF THE BISS OWNERS AROUND THERE! READ THE BIBLE JESUS SAID THERE ALWAYS BE THE POOR/BUMS AND ALIKE! THEY NEED [LOVE] AND [HELP]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOT HARRASSMENT!!!!!BY THE GRACE OF GOD!!!! ~ CARPE DIEM~

The bible says poor/bums?

Kearny has hot ash pits? Is that anything like a tar pit?

oldfart56 should be a wake-up call for us all.

There but for the grace of God go A. Realist and Guest99! :P

Guest Guest
<_<  <_<  WOW THINGS HAVE NOT CHANGED! THE BUMS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PART OF KEARNY." AND SOMETIMES ONCE IN A WHILE" A LIFE SAVER! IN 1963/64 THE LIFE OF A KID WAS SAVED BY A BUM IN THE DUMPS! HE FELL? OR WALKED INTO A HOT ASH PIT! THE BUM SAVED HIM! AND THERE WAS PETE THE BUM" HE WOULD LIVE IN CARS AROUND THE BLUE CASTLE!. AND HELP SOME OF THE BISS OWNERS AROUND THERE! READ THE BIBLE JESUS SAID THERE ALWAYS BE THE POOR/BUMS AND ALIKE! THEY NEED [LOVE] AND [HELP]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOT HARRASSMENT!!!!!BY THE GRACE OF GOD!!!! ~ CARPE DIEM~

Send them all to the Mayors house. That place must be like the rooming house Abott and Costello lived in.

<_<

The bible says poor/bums?

Kearny has hot ash pits?  Is that anything like a tar pit?

oldfart56 should be a wake-up call for us all.

There but for the grace of God go A. Realist and Guest99! <_<

:P sorry to tell ya but it has ash pits and worse! you must not be very old" but older residents who lived near the[ dumps] and workers at the dumps could tell ya lots you do not know about the town! and no it does not say bums! but the bible does say poor! try reading it "new testiment" you might learn something! ya gota look back to go ahead ps i do have a beard noten wrong wit dat! ~carpe diem~

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

The bums do nothing wrong, they do what they need to do. And there are some people who care for them. And those people are the younger kids who hang around kearny ave and on the corners. they talk to them and know them very well. The cops seem to do nothing about it though. I often see while walking on kearny avenue cops just tring to get the bums off property and sometimes send them away. I'm sorry but that doesnt really help. you cant get someone to go somewhere when they have no where to go. We need shelter of some sort for them.

Guest guest
The bums do nothing wrong, they do what they need to do. And there are some people who care for them. And those people are the younger kids who hang around kearny ave and on the corners. they talk to them and know them very well. The cops seem to do nothing about it though. I often see while walking on kearny avenue cops just tring to get the bums off property and sometimes send them away. I'm sorry but that doesnt really help. you cant get someone to go somewhere when they have no where to go. We need  shelter of some sort for them.

You cannot force someone into a shelter, most of these homeless people do not want to go to the shelter. As far as doing nothing wrong why dont you ask the residents and store owners of kearny ave how they like coming out of their homes or going into their stores every morning only to find the smell of urine in their hallways and entrance ways. How would you like that or even cleaning up the garbage they leave behind. Next time you decide to sit on one of the new benches you better think of who was justing sitting there with their pants covered in urine and crap. Anyone who feels these homeless are not a problem should welcome them into their homes to stay for a week.

You cannot force someone into a shelter, most of these homeless people do not want to go to the shelter. As far as doing nothing wrong why dont you ask the residents and store owners of kearny ave how they like coming out of their homes or going into their stores every morning only to find the smell of urine in their hallways and entrance ways. How would you like that or even cleaning up the garbage they leave behind. Next time you decide to sit on one of the new benches you better think of who was justing sitting there with their pants covered in urine and crap. Anyone who feels these homeless are not a problem should welcome them into their homes to stay for a week.

:blink: THEY NEED SAFE! PLACES TO GO" my parents had a store on the ave in the 60s it was the same then ! and not bums but drunks from the bars! They were trying to find there way home" And face it what gos in must come out! thr homeless need help NOT HATE!!!!! IT COULD BE YOU NEXT!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest don't feed the bums
i do see a lot more on the ave now.

It's the same three or four bums on the avenue. Tell people not to feed them/give them money. They like it here because the cops don't beat them up!

It's the same three or four bums on the avenue.  Tell people not to feed them/give them money.  They like it here because the cops don't beat them up!

B):angry: hey they got all over me for p buttert balls for dogs ! you want to beat up people! "by the grace of god go you" :angry::blink::blink:

Guest GUEST

LISTEN I SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH THE PEOPLE SITTING ON KEARNY AVE. THEY DO NOT ABUSE THE PEOPLE WHO PAST THEM. THEY ARE NOT BUMS THEY ARE PEOPLE WHO MIGHT NOT HAVE WHAT EVERYONE ELSE HAS . SO LEAVE THEM ALONE ALREADY. THERE ARE TWO PEOPLE THAT SIT ON KEARNY AVE THAT I KNOW FOR ALONG TIME AND THEY ARE THE NICEST PEOPLE . WHEN I WALK PASS THEM I NOW THAT I AM SAFE .........

• 2 months later...

Archived