THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR THE KEARNY OBSERVER?

Guest THE OBSERVER'S DEMISE

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read the NY Daily News post about the Kearny Observer, and I think it's disgraceful, and awful how their publisher has been plagerizing her weekly column for the past 2 years! Not to mention, with the all the help she "stole" from various sources, you'd think she would have been intelligent enough put all of the information into a masterpiece, and not the trash she normally writes about.

:lol:

What an embarrasment she is to Kearny!

Guest As A Matter Of Fact

As a matter of fact, she did have a reply for the accusations that the Daily News published about her today. In her typical "scumbag" & "idiotic" fashion, she stated the following:

"That's just research that's been going around for years." - - - Lisa Tortoreti Pezzolla

Well known research or not, you must still identify the sources which you've compiled your so-called research from. On the contrary, from what I've recently read, in particular, last week's "How to save money on gas" column, these are deliberate acts of plagiarism, and not purely coincidentally "well known research".

Guest Guest
Does the Observer have a response to the Daily News?

'Something seems a little funny here.'

Lisa Tortoreti Pezzolla,

Observer publisher, on the

similarity between material

in the paper's column and

various published sources

The KEARNY OBSERVER SCANDAL Continues!!!

Check Out Today's Page 2 Of The Jersey Journal:

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/index.ssf?/base/news-0/1113988256156450.xml

Guest Public Embarrassment

On top of this now PUBLIC EMBARASSMENT for the Kearny Observer, they also cannot handle cristism very well. I've recently posted several posts on their reader forum regarding this issue, and EVERY single one of the posts was deleted within 2 hours on being enetered onto the site. Seems like "some people" can't handle cristism very well. I'm anxiously awaiting the 12pm release of The Kearny Observer's online edition to check if the publisher, Lisa, has in fact made the necessary notations/corrections to the previous stories she's published, and stolen content for, in order to avoid the pending legal action against her!

Guest A whole new low

The Kearny Observer has hit an ALL TIME NEW LOW!

They are now deleting all posts off of their "online reader forum" which contains information, or any type of discussion about this story! How pathetic. Below is an excerpt of a post from there which will be deleted within an hour or two by their admin, but is still currently up:

"Since several of my post keep being deleted because your newspaper can't deal with negatitvity, I've been forced to post on REAL forums like NJ.COM, as well as kearnyontheweb.com regarding the topic of your publisher "borrowing" material from other newspapers. Just to let you know, these other forums have REAL readers, not the sad 22 hits this forum gets in a 3 month period. Not to mention, this story is plastered all over the internet, and several local, as well as non-local newspapers. Tisk tisk, don't start a fire if you can't take the heat! In the future, you should use this forum as just that, a FORUM, and not delete posts which contain material in which you don't approve of! Unless there are curses, or other questionable content, the posts should be left up."

I did not see any retraction by the Observer.  Did I miss it?

hey dudes LIGHTEN UP! thats OUR OWN!!! and she is young and new to this! that paper is YOUR VOICE! and its still in kearny. nj.com does not care about you! and they can't take the heat either i I KNOW !!! HELP HER NOT KILL HER! SO THE PAPER SCREWED UP LOOK AT YOUR SELF! IF YOU STILL LIVE IN KEARNY YOU ARE SCREWING UP too! that town needs help! its on the way of asbury park!!!!! ~CARPE DIEM~

Guest Guest 99

hey dudes LIGHTEN UP! thats OUR OWN!!! and she is young and new to this! that paper is YOUR VOICE! and its still in kearny. nj.com does not care about you! and they can't take the heat either i I KNOW !!! HELP HER NOT KILL HER! SO THE PAPER SCREWED UP LOOK AT YOUR SELF! IF YOU STILL LIVE IN KEARNY YOU ARE SCREWING UP too! that town needs help! its on the way of asbury park!!!!!  ~CARPE DIEM~

"Our Own" ??? Not mine. You can have her.

"She is young and new at this." So that's what they mean by a double negative.

"paper is your voice." We're better off with laryngitis.

"So the paper screwed up." No, Lisa screwed up and got caught. :ph34r:

"Our Own" ???    Not mine. You can have her.

"She is young and new at this."  So that's what they mean by a double negative.

"paper is your voice."  We're better off with laryngitis.

"So the paper screwed up."  No, Lisa screwed up and got caught. :ph34r:

YOU ARE SAD VERY VERY SAD!!! HAVEN'T YOU EVER SCREWED UP! I WILL BET YOU HAVE BIG TIME!!!!! AND IF YOU ARE STILL IN KEARNY YOU STILL ARE!! ~CARPE DIEM~

YOU ARE SAD VERY VERY SAD!!! HAVEN'T YOU EVER SCREWED UP! I WILL BET YOU HAVE BIG TIME!!!!! AND IF YOU ARE STILL IN KEARNY YOU STILL ARE!!     ~CARPE DIEM~

Hey oldfart. You left Kearny. Why do you care? Time to move on. We don't need you around here badmouthing it. We have enough of our own to do that.

I think I'll look up a Gainesville message board and badmouth you. What a dickhead.

JW

Guest Kearny rocks

Oldfart,

Kearny isn't the problem. It's the people that don't live in Kearny, such as Lisa, and yourself, that are the problem. Don't defend someone whose "experience" you don't know the first thing about. She isn't new at this, and even if that were the case, then she should use a little more caution prior to making the decision to post her "A word from the publisher" column in our local newspaper for the past 3 years. What she has been doing is wrong, and the only reason she is probably crapping herself right now is that she got caught! Otherwise, she would have just continued her weekly ranting, and raving on uninteresting topics. In case you haven't noticed, she's a bit histrionic!

Hey oldfart.  You left Kearny.  Why do you care?  Time to move on.  We don't need you around here badmouthing it.  We have enough of our own to do that.

I think I'll look up a Gainesville message board and badmouth you.  What a dickhead.

JW

please don't! then when you find out how GOOD it is and you'll move here !!!and the bad language!!!!you must live at the other side of the tracks on south bergan ave! I think its still called eagons dump!!!sehabla garbage! FIX THE PROBLEMS! I TOLD YOU HOW TO START!! READ MY OTHER POSTS . fox and cnn had a news piece that said in 3 more years we would over take ny on population and thats nj too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FYI!!! ~CARPE DIEM~

Archived