Board of Ed Elections

Guest Election Eddie

Guest Election Eddie

One of our present board members ( the meat cutter) "JC" and the other slice of meat not on the board, "BC" his brother are writing most of the posts on this site. They both think that by bashing and telling lies about the other candidates running for the Board, will win there buddies a seat. " 1-2-3-" Can't you people read between the lines. They have an agenda, which will bring many problems to the Board of Education. My vote will go to Stevenson,Sgalia & Santos, ( no relation to the Mayor). They have the experience and they care about the children of this Town, unlike the Campbells which only care about themselves. Feel free to reply back. So sad that poor Johnny & Billy can't reply, if so they would have to expose themselves. Stay tuned folks.

Guest Guest
One of our present board members ( the meat cutter) "JC" and the other slice of meat not on the board, "BC" his brother are writing most of the posts on  this site. They both think that by bashing and telling lies about the other candidates running for the Board, will win there buddies a seat. " 1-2-3-" Can't you people read between the lines.  They have an agenda, which will bring many problems to the Board of Education. My vote will go to Stevenson,Sgalia & Santos, ( no relation to the Mayor). They have the experience and they care about the children of this Town, unlike the Campbells which only care about themselves. Feel free to reply back. So sad that poor Johnny & Billy can't reply, if so they would have to expose themselves. Stay tuned folks.

So Stevenson,Sgalia, and Santos have no agenda?

Guest Guest who?
One of our present board members ( the meat cutter) "JC" and the other slice of meat not on the board, "BC" his brother are writing most of the posts on  this site. They both think that by bashing and telling lies about the other candidates running for the Board, will win there buddies a seat. " 1-2-3-" Can't you people read between the lines.  They have an agenda, which will bring many problems to the Board of Education. My vote will go to Stevenson,Sgalia & Santos, ( no relation to the Mayor). They have the experience and they care about the children of this Town, unlike the Campbells which only care about themselves. Feel free to reply back. So sad that poor Johnny & Billy can't reply, if so they would have to expose themselves. Stay tuned folks.

Try telling us something we don't already know. Of course they are behind this negativity. Their people can't win on their platform because they don't really have one.

Guest A. Realist

Ditto, Eddie. If Stevenson, Sgalia & Santos are good enough for the Grey Panther, they're good enough for me.

FOR A BOE THAT'S REALLY GREAT

JUST LOOK ON YOUR BALLOT FOR 5,7,8

Guest Crazy Eddie

Education Eddie you should look at your "TAX BILL". The Stevenson, Sagalia, Santos team support a $275 dollar increase in your property taxes. "EDUCATION EDDIE THOSE PRICES ARE INSANE"

Guest Election Eddie
Education Eddie you should look at your "TAX BILL". The Stevenson, Sagalia, Santos team support a $275 dollar increase in your property taxes. "EDUCATION EDDIE THOSE PRICES ARE INSANE"

It's Election Eddie, get the name right ,and yes they do support the little tax increase, as many other people do, it's all for the kids. I'm guessing you have no kids in the district. The budget will pass this year, the more money we spend on the schools , the better off the town will be in many ways.

Guest Guest
It's Election Eddie, get the name right ,and yes they do support the little tax increase, as many other people do, it's all for the kids. I'm guessing you have no kids in the district. The budget will pass this year, the more money we spend on the schools , the better off the town will be in many ways.

Maybe it should be Eddie Money, since you don't mind tax increases! ;)

Guest P.V SolaC

The last seven budgets haven't passed why would this one. This board except for JC is out of control...and stop waving the kids around, we sent enough money into those schools, WE JUST NEED TO SPEND IT PROPERLY. VOTE 1-2-3 on the 19th for a REAL change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Curious

It's a minor point, but I keep seeing this misinformation printed everywhere. It's the last 6 budgets that have failed. Someone should go back and check their facts. Doesn't look good for candidates to know so little about a position they want to hold, does it?

And by the way, tacky trick putting "IMPORTANT TAX INFORMATION" on the 1-2-3- candidates propoganda. If I remember correctly, John Campbell did the same thing last year (and I believe his brother before him tried the same tactic). Really, not very nice. If you can't try honesty in your campaign, what does that say about your potential service to the taxpayers?

The last seven budgets haven't passed why would this one.  This board except for JC is out of control...and stop waving the kids around, we sent enough money into those schools, WE JUST NEED TO SPEND IT PROPERLY.  VOTE 1-2-3 on the 19th for a REAL change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Councilwoman Barbara Sherry
And by the way, tacky trick putting "IMPORTANT TAX INFORMATION" on the 1-2-3- candidates propoganda.  If I remember correctly, John Campbell did the same thing last year (and I believe his brother before him tried the same tactic).  Really, not very nice.  If you can't try honesty in your campaign, what does that say about your potential service to the taxpayers?

Curious,

I agree that this was not the nicest way to provoke attention. My 84 year old Mom nearly had a heart attack when she saw that envelope, thinking she had made a mistake on her tax return. When she finally got up the nerve to open it, she was actually angry at the contents and the senders. So this little prank may have back-fired.

Guest smell the coffee
Curious,

I agree that this was not the nicest way to provoke attention.  My 84 year old Mom nearly had a heart attack when she saw that envelope, thinking she had made a mistake on her tax return.  When she finally got up the nerve to open it, she was actually angry at the contents and the senders.  So this little prank may have back-fired.

A $275 increase is important information if you own a home in the Town.

Who are we fooling saying the money is for the children. The children never see the money. If they did the budgets would pass. Where else is it mandated that every year you are automatically due an increase of 3% or more. My boss has said more than once over the past several years that there was no money for an increase. I thought the Board of Education members were supposed to represent the taxpayers and the children. Ha Ha. Many of the BOE members are a member of the same union as the teachers. Married or directly related to one.Do you really think they will ever tell the teachers that there is no money for increases, because they have to fix the buildings or by new books or other items for the Children? The buildings will continue to fall apart, our children will not have the most current books, if they are lucky enough not to have to share books, we will be asked to sell more and more candles, candy, wrapping paper then ever before. It's all about, you support us, and we will support you. The increase of $275 will be defeated, go to the Mayor and Council, who will give them half of what they asked for, which was all they really wanted from the beginning.

Six years the voters have said no. Six years the taxes still went up. Same people reelected. When will it stop? Never with the same people there.

Guest Resident Alien

Who are we fooling saying the money is for the children.  The children never see the money. If they did the budgets would pass. Where else is it mandated that every year you are automatically due an increase of 3% or more. My boss has said more than once over the past several years that there was no money for an increase.  I thought the Board of Education members were supposed to represent the taxpayers and the children. Ha Ha. Many of the BOE members are a member of the same union as the teachers. Married or directly related to one.Do you really think they will ever tell the teachers that there is no money for increases, because they have to fix the buildings or by new books or other items for the Children? The buildings will continue to fall apart, our children will not have the most current books, if they are lucky enough not to have to share books, we will be asked to sell more and more candles, candy, wrapping paper then ever before. It's all about, you support us, and we will support you. The increase of $275 will be defeated, go to the Mayor and Council, who will give them half of what they asked for, which was all they really wanted from the beginning.

Six years the voters have said no. Six years the taxes still went up. Same people reelected. When will it stop?  Never with the same people there.

The first rule of business, and of a disaster recovery plan, is that payroll is up and running; in many respects it's more important than the business at hand. Even if your company has just filed bankruptcy, you still have to pay people to show up and close the books. Why is that, because the people are the business, and in this case, the teachers, administrators, board members and support staff are the school, which by law is required to be open and provide a compensatory education to the resident youths of this town. So yes, the board may bicker with the unions, and they may bicker with the residents, and it may be wrought with scandal and conspiracy, but in the end it's all for nought because the fact remains that someone will have to show up tomorrow, open the doors, turn on the lights, take out the books and chalk and be somewhat happy about it. Call me conceited, but personally, I would never work in a job that did not make me happy; and for me, happiness is a measure of professional satisfaction in the work I do as well as pay and benefits etc. Now it's true that many people work in jobs that don't include a guaranteed 3% increase per year, but you're comparing apples and oranges. For example, in most jobs that require you to put on a shirt and tie, you won't step in chewing gum while you're walking down the hall, the bathrooms will be somewhat clean and at least have white toilet paper - even if it is only single ply. In most jobs where a majority of employees have a masters degree or higher they will in fact receive higher than a 3% increase per year. After all, 3% is not a raise, it's just a cost of living increase; there's no recognition of merit in a school district, no christmas bonus, no company picnic (at least not a descent one anyway). You get the point by now I'm sure.

Anyway, the real difference between the school and the fire department, or the DPW, or many of the other tax burdens of this town is that the school is required by law to be there and to function at a certain capacity and in a certain way, whereas plenty of towns don't have a paid fire department or provide many of the other services that we've all come to love/hate.

Guest Flabbergasted

Who are we fooling saying the money is for the children.  The children never see the money. If they did the budgets would pass. Where else is it mandated that every year you are automatically due an increase of 3% or more. My boss has said more than once over the past several years that there was no money for an increase.  I thought the Board of Education members were supposed to represent the taxpayers and the children. Ha Ha. Many of the BOE members are a member of the same union as the teachers. Married or directly related to one.Do you really think they will ever tell the teachers that there is no money for increases, because they have to fix the buildings or by new books or other items for the Children? The buildings will continue to fall apart, our children will not have the most current books, if they are lucky enough not to have to share books, we will be asked to sell more and more candles, candy, wrapping paper then ever before. It's all about, you support us, and we will support you. The increase of $275 will be defeated, go to the Mayor and Council, who will give them half of what they asked for, which was all they really wanted from the beginning.

Six years the voters have said no. Six years the taxes still went up. Same people reelected. When will it stop?  Never with the same people there.

Oh, please! Spare us the rhetoric. You know exactly what the councilwoman meant. The candidates who sent that literature purposely made the envelope look like an official income tax document. Many others are also upset over this.

Guest Guest

Prove it, where's the numbers, go to the meetings! This way Super Santos and the crew will keep you informed with the correct info. :lol:

It's a good thing that the teachers' salaries in Kearny are nowhere near the highest in the state or the budget would really be something.

Maybe ENCAP or Walmart will save you.

Guest Guest
Oh, please!  Spare us the rhetoric.  You know exactly what the councilwoman meant.  The candidates who sent that literature purposely made the envelope look like an official income tax document.  Many others are also upset over this.

If they're good enough to do that maybe you should vote for them.

'Something seems a little funny here.'

Lisa Tortoreti Pezzolla,

Observer publisher, on the

similarity between material

in the paper's column and

various published sources

:lol:

WHY ARE YOU LYING! JC&BC DO CARE FOR THE KIDS THEY GREW UP IN THAT TOWN !AND THERE KIDS ARE TO! KEARNY IS THERE LIFE UNLIKE YOURS! AND I WAS BORN IN KEARNY TOO! MY BLOOD IS IN THAT TOWN! AND I CARE BUT I CAN NOT VOTE . I AM IN FLA /GAINSVILLE AND I WISH MY KIDS HAD SOMEONE LOOKING OUT FOR THEM LIKE JC&BC! YOUR SCHOOLS ARE ALOT BETTER THAN OURS DOWN HERE! AND YOUR TAXES ARE SO HIGH BECAUSE YOUR HOMES ARE OVER PRICED!!!!THATS THE PROBLEM ~CARPE DIEM~

Guest 2nd ward voter

Mrs Sherry,I am amazed that you find this mailing to be in bad taste. What is really going to be interesting is now that the budget has been defeated, how you will address the issue of cuts in the budget. I am almost sure you and Mayor Santos will restore a good portion of the money and taxes will go up again.I would be worried more so for my 84 year old mother when she gets her tax bill.

Guest Guest
:lol:

WHY ARE YOU LYING! JC&BC DO CARE FOR THE KIDS THEY GREW UP IN THAT TOWN !AND THERE KIDS ARE TO! KEARNY IS THERE LIFE UNLIKE YOURS! AND I WAS BORN IN KEARNY TOO! MY BLOOD IS IN THAT TOWN! AND I CARE BUT I CAN NOT VOTE . I AM IN FLA /GAINSVILLE AND I WISH MY KIDS HAD SOMEONE LOOKING OUT FOR THEM LIKE JC&BC! YOUR SCHOOLS ARE ALOT BETTER THAN OURS DOWN HERE! AND YOUR TAXES ARE SO HIGH BECAUSE YOUR HOMES ARE OVER PRICED!!!!THATS THE PROBLEM            ~CARPE DIEM~

what makes you think that i'm not from Kearny A****WIPE

Guest Guest_Councilwoman Barbara Sherr
Mrs Sherry,I am amazed that you find this mailing to be in bad taste. What is really going to be interesting is now that the budget has been defeated, how you will address the issue of cuts in the budget. I am almost sure you and Mayor Santos will restore a good portion of the money and taxes will go up again.I would be worried more so for my 84 year old mother when she gets her tax bill.

The Mayor and Council will address this budget defeat as we always do; with concern for both the taxpayer and the quality of education. It is probably one of the most difficult jobs we have to tackle as a governing body, and frankly I wish we had an electorate that would not pass it on to us.

Please don't worry about my Mom. She lives in my house. Therefore it is I who will be effected by the decisions made by the Mayor and Council. Trust me, I am not excited by the prospect of raising my own taxes.

Guest THE SILENT MAJORITY

Councilwoman Sherry could you please let all us readers know when the joint meeting will be between the Mayor and Council and the Board of Education to decide the final amount of money that the budget will be for 2005/2006. I would like to attend this meeting. Thank you!!!!!

Councilwoman Sherry could you please let all us readers know when the joint meeting will be between the Mayor and Council and the Board of Education to decide the final amount of money that the budget will be for 2005/2006.  I would like to attend this meeting. Thank you!!!!!

The statute mandates that the revised budget be submitted to the State by 5/19/05. My guess is that we will need a couple of joint sessions to come to terms; but both groups need time to be advised by their respective auditors first. As of this morning, the meetings had not been scheduled. Since they're open meetings, the clerk has to advertise two days prior, so watch the papers and I'll try to remember to post the information as soon as I get it.

Guest Guest
Curious,

I agree that this was not the nicest way to provoke attention.  My 84 year old Mom nearly had a heart attack when she saw that envelope, thinking she had made a mistake on her tax return.  When she finally got up the nerve to open it, she was actually angry at the contents and the senders.  So this little prank may have back-fired.

Please spare us the whining...for goodness sake, this is politics..and the prank didn't really back-fire did it?

Guest A. Realist
Please spare us the whining...for goodness sake, this is politics..and the prank didn't really back-fire did it?

In the immortal words of that great philosopher, Meatloaf, "Two outta three ain't bad!" Of everyone on the 1,2,3 team, Mr. Castelli is the least malevolent. I can live with the results of the election. Can you?

Guest Guest

Yes it did. Only 1 of the candidates involved in the "prank" was elected, though I realize that candidate #2 was only 1 vote behind. and by the way, school board elections are not SUPPOSED to be political. And if you call those responses "whining", you really should get out more.

Archived