DRAFT KATHY DERAY FOR 2ND WARD COUNCIL

Guest 2ND WARD  HOMEOWNER

Guest A. Realist
PICK UP YOUR PETITION AT TOWN HALL KATHY, THE 2ND WARD NEEDS YOU!!!!

Just when you thought Kearny politics couldn't get any more interesting, someone suggests running the "King Street ********" against the "Grey Panther" (A.K.A the "Silver Vixen"). Priceless, folks, just priceless!!!!!!

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content. (Do not imply vulgarity or profanity to the edited portion, see the posts below for a comment from the poster and myself)

Guest A. Realist
Just when you thought Kearny politics couldn't get any more interesting, someone suggests running the "King Street ********" against the "Grey Panther" (A.K.A the "Silver Vixen").  Priceless, folks, just priceless!!!!!!

KOTW Note:  The above post was edited for content.

Your editing of this post was totally uncalled for. It will cause speculation that the term I used is somehow vulgar or profane, when in fact it is the name of a domestic animal known for its toughness and tenacity. Funny, you never censored the nickname I use for Councilwoman Sherry. You owe me and Ms. Deray an apology.

Your editing of this post was totally uncalled for.  It will cause speculation that the term I used is somehow vulgar or profane, when in fact it is the name of a domestic animal known for its toughness and tenacity.  Funny, you never censored the nickname I use for Councilwoman Sherry. You owe me and Ms. Deray an apology.

Dear Poster:

I did not intend that my editing of the post would imply that the word that was edited was vulgar or profane (it was neither) however Ms. Deray is not a public official and I was not sure whether she would appreciate the slogan (if we can call it that) you chose for her. In an effort to allow everyone to express their opinion (via posting), I edited rather than deleted the entire post. As for Councilwoman Sherry, I did not censor your nickname for her because the standard on public officials is a lot higher.

KOTW

Guest Guest

What's with the name Grey Panther or Silver Vixen? She is neither panther or vixen like. Maybe the second ward does need a wildcat. Heheheheheh

Guest A. Realist
You are right the second ward needs someone new. Any idea who would be a good  ? Why is B. Sherry called a panther?

Wait, explain to me again why the 2nd Ward needs someone new. Sherry and Pettigrew are the most active, most accessible reps the 2nd Ward has had in years. Quick, without looking it up, name the last two 2nd ward Councilmembers who have been as SUCCESSFUL as these two. Bet you can't. With all due respect, Ms. Deray, a very nice lady, would be embarrassed in a race against either one.

I'd love to hear who else you might put up against the Grey Panther. (FYI, I dubbed her that nickname after the group of seniors citizens who banded together in the 70's & 80's to show their strength on social and political issues) Those of you who didn't know that are either very young or you don't read very much)

Guest voter

Sorry but I still think the Second Ward needs a change. Nothing against Ms.Sherry and Ms. Pettigrew but they had their chance. I agree they are active in the town but this ward needs a change because many issues were never addressed. So they had their chance.I still donot know why Ms. Sherry is named the panther??Iam unsure who Ms.Deray is ? Who is this other person from 1970 you are speaking about? Please explain

Guest A. Realist
You are right the second ward needs someone new. Any idea who would be a good?

What a surprise! Nobody out there could think of anyone to run against Sherry. No Dem in the primary, no Republican in the general. Wait, you guys couldn't come up with candidates in any other ward either, could you? I knew you were all talk. As far as John Campbell is concerned, I consider him only "token" opposition for Super Santos. And now that Santos' running mates are unopposed, they can concentrate their efforts on his re-elction. I may have to re-evaluate my original prediction of Santos 2 to 1. The margin of victory will probaly be even greater than that.

Confidential to Super Santos: if I were you I would check every single signature on Campbell's petition, especially the ones from the General Kearny Apartments.

Before Sherry and Pettigrew, the second ward council seats were like a revolving door, couldn't keep up. But, I believe that one of their predecessors was "Super Santos."

Right you are, they are much more productive and accessible, Santos' record will have to speak for itself. Long on promise, short on delivery.

Guest A. Realist
Before Sherry and Pettigrew, the second ward council seats were like a revolving door, couldn't keep up.  But, I believe that one of their predecessors was "Super Santos."

Right you are, they are much more productive and accessible, Santos' record will have to speak for itself.  Long on promise, short on delivery.

Hey, you can't blame Super Santos for his short-lived council stint. He was drafted for a more important position, but while he was in the second ward seat, he was great (spearheaded the movement to regain Kearny's water department). Hence he became Mayor and will remain Mayor after the current election.

Super Santos, he's our man

If he can't do it, nobody can

Guest Guest
Hey, you can't blame Super Santos for his short-lived council stint. He was drafted for a more important position, but while he was in the second ward seat, he was great (spearheaded the movement to regain Kearny's water department). Hence he became Mayor and will remain Mayor after the current election.

wrong. joe bigelow was the driving force behind getting our water department back. santos screwed him too.

Guest voter

You are right on one issue Santos will get in. But the REAL FACT is I will give his opponent all the REAL fACTS on this one issue and you will see he is not SUPER SANTOS HE IS A LIAR........................ FACT

I know its hard to accept your Mayor is not what you think is. As for the Second Ward tell your girls to SPEAK the TRUTH about a certain issue..Its all lies

Guest A. Realist
wrong. joe bigelow was the driving force behind getting our water department back. santos screwed him too.

Wrong, right back at ya! Joe Bigelow, nice guy--brave enough to stand alone against the Vartan regime, but not enough smarts to know what to do after taking a stand. It wasn't until Super Santos, the legal beagle, brought his genius to a meeting at the High School, that Kearny took the first step to right a terrible wrong. And Santos saw it through until we got the department back. (See what I mean about going to meetings)

If memory serves me, it wasn't Santos who screwed Bigelow, it was Mangin who ran against him as an"Independent Democrat" or as I like to call him a "Democrat of Convenience".

Guest A. Realist

You are right on one issue Santos will get in. But the REAL FACT is I will give his opponent all the REAL fACTS on this one issue and you will see he is not SUPER SANTOS HE IS A LIAR........................ FACT

I know its hard to accept your Mayor is not what you think is. As for the Second Ward tell your girls to SPEAK the TRUTH about a certain issue..Its all lies

Whaaaaat? Wanna try to rephrase that stream of semi-consciousness so that someone besides you can interpret it?????

Guest Guest

I can't wait till he moves on to the State Senate and leaves Kearny trying to figure out how to pay the firemen all that back pay!

How's that gonna be for a reality check A. Realist

Guest Guest 99
I can't wait till he moves on to the State Senate and leaves Kearny trying to figure out how to pay the firemen all that back pay! 

The reality check will be in the bank when Big Al serves as a state legislator and mayor. ;)

Guest A. Realist

C'mon, really now. Do you think a guy as intelligent as Super Santos doesn't have a plan in place regarding back pay? And what makes you think he's gonna LEAVE Kearny when he goes to the State Senate. Maybe he'll follow Sacco's example and be a Mayor/Senator!!! How's that for a reality check? Senator Santos--has a nice ring, don't you think?

God, I love it when you get frustrated. You're such easy game.

Guest voter

One issue I know that Santos and his crew cannot win on. Sorry at the moment I can not tell you about it. You will read about it I PROMISE .Santos opponent win get my AMMUNTION. ;)

Hey guys this is about the second ward. And we all know who keeps writing Super Santos. Listen your man Santos and his puppets yes puppets are liars. You will see. Lets get someone knew for the second ward.The puppets are tired.........

Guest A. Realist
Hey guys this is about the second ward. And we all know who keeps writing Super Santos. Listen your man Santos and his puppets yes puppets are liars. You will see. Lets get someone knew for the second ward.The puppets are tired.........

Kirk,

If you're so hot to get someone "knew" for the second ward, why didn't you file a petition to run against Sherry? All mouth and no guts?

LETS HEAR IT FOR SUPER SANTOS AND THE YES GIRLS

YES, THEY'RE SMART

YES, THEY'RE HONEST

YES, THEY'RE UNOPPOSED

Guest Guest
C'mon, really now. Do you think a guy as intelligent as Super Santos doesn't have a plan in place regarding back pay? And what makes you think he's gonna LEAVE Kearny when he goes to the State Senate.  Maybe he'll follow Sacco's example and be a Mayor/Senator!!! How's that for a reality check? Senator Santos--has a nice ring, don't you think?

God, I love it when you get frustrated. You're such easy game.

Even if these things come to pass you will still get the same look of disgust from people when you tell them "Hi, I'm A. Realist, I'm from Kearny" :lol:

Guest A Realist
Even if these things come to pass you will still get the same look of disgust from people when you tell them "Hi, I'm A. Realist, I'm from Kearny" :lol:

Hey, like the song says, "I just happen to love this town". If you get a look of disgust when you introduce yourself, maybe it's not 'cause you're from Kearny!! Think about it!!!

Guest Guest
The reality check will be in the bank when Big Al serves as a state legislator and mayor. :lol:

It's great to see some adverserial posts, maybe politics is still alive in Kearny. Santos a state legislator. co'mon. In some other county, maybe. Anyone running for office should be careful about taking credit for getting the Water Dept. back, I believe it has continued to run at a yearly deficit. The difference is made up by taxes, which have increased yearly.

Archived