Hiring Freeze Yeah Right

Guest Overtaxed

Guest Overtaxed

Okay, let me see I thought we were on a hiring freeze. Taxes through the roof and more and more appointees. Another Deputy Fire Chief, another Deputy Chief in the Police Department, more Officers, more firemen. When does it stop the bank has run dry on taxpayers.

Increase in taxes in the past years our Mayor has been Mayor.

TIME FOR A CHANGE.

Perhaps we should go back to civilian dispatchers, and put our police officers that were hired as police officers back on the street instead of clerks, then we would not need to keep hiring and hiring more.

God Bless America and our Town Taxpayers.

Guest Guest 99
Okay, let me see I thought we were on a hiring freeze.  Taxes through the roof and more and more appointees.  Another Deputy Fire Chief, another Deputy Chief in the Police Department, more Officers, more firemen.  When does it stop the bank has run dry on taxpayers.

Increase in taxes in the past years our Mayor has been Mayor.

TIME FOR A CHANGE.

Perhaps we should go back to civilian dispatchers, and put our police officers that were hired as police officers back on the street instead of clerks, then we would not need to keep hiring and hiring more.

God Bless America and our Town Taxpayers.

Do you know why the promotions and hirings were done in the Fire and Police Departments? I do, and as soon as you, Overtaxed, tell us, I'll give the real reasons. ;)

Guest Guest

Common sense would suggest that you can't have a hiring freeze FOREVER. At some point, personnel needs to be replaced.

Keep in mind, if you pay the SAME amount, and have less people there for public safety, isn't that also a cut of municipal services?

Guest A. Realist

I keep telling you guys to go to the meetings so you could be as smart as I am, but you just won't listen. Before you start spreading misinformation about the huge new numbers in the Police and Fire Departments, check the table of organization for each. You'll find that the numbers haven't changed. The new "hires" are replacements for retirees and the new Deputies are promotions from within the departments---not new hires. I'm sure even as uninformed as you are, you have to agree that safety demands that Kearny maintain a certain number of personnel in these two departments. Otherwise you'd be complaining about fire losses and rising crime. Ah, but you'd like that, wouldn't you?

By the way, in order to qualify for grants, (you know, revenue) both Police and Fire have to comply with a certain ratio of personnel to public. Or the Mayor and Council could just raise your taxes. Ah, but you'd like that, wouldn't you?

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

IGNORANCE S**KS

Guest Guest 99
I keep telling you guys to go to the meetings so you could be as smart as I am, but you just won't listen.  Before you start spreading misinformation about the huge new numbers in the Police and Fire Departments, check the table of organization for each.  You'll find that the numbers haven't changed.  The new "hires" are replacements for retirees and the new Deputies are promotions from within the departments---not new hires.  I'm sure even as uninformed as you are, you have to agree that safety demands that Kearny maintain a certain number of personnel in these two departments. Otherwise you'd be complaining about fire losses and rising crime. Ah, but you'd like that, wouldn't you?

By the way, in order to qualify for grants, (you know, revenue) both Police and Fire have to comply with a certain ratio of personnel to public. Or the Mayor and Council could just raise your taxes.  Ah, but you'd like that, wouldn't you?

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

IGNORANCE S**KS

See now, A., you ruined my fun. I wanted to see what inane response I would get from the original hip shooter. If they only knew that an hour at a meeting stops days of fretting, maybe they'd attend. ;)

Guest overtaxed
Do you know why the promotions and hirings were done in the Fire and Police  Departments? I do, and as soon as you, Overtaxed, tell us, I'll give the real reasons. ;)

Okay we all know every year we are told the same story over and over. I'm tired of reading fairy tales, perhaps you can enlighten us with your knowledge, as to why hirings were done.

Oh by the way they protect our town very well while doing their personal shopping on my tax dollars.

Oops dont say anything wrong against the fire or police departments. Not much happening in DPW. B)

Guest Guest 99
Okay we all know every year we are told the same story over and over.  I'm tired of reading fairy tales, perhaps you can enlighten us with your knowledge, as to why hirings were done.

Oh by the way they protect our town very well while doing their personal shopping on my tax dollars.

Oops dont say anything wrong against the fire or police departments.  Not much happening in DPW. ;)

It seems no matter what I/we explain to you, you will be able to come up with another issue to replace it. I haven't answered the first inquiry and you have other beefs to fall back on.

That being said, a hiring freeze is put in place to maintain the staus quo, not decrease nor increase the workforce numbers. Due to retirements and promotions to replace the retirees over the last four years, and the fact that the state mandates a minimal deviation from the table of organization for a department to be eligible for grant funds, the KFD numbers had to be brought up to snuff. Read about it yourself at http://www.nj.com/search/index.ssf?/base/n...xml?jjournal?kj

Archived