New Town Website

Guest Guest 99

Guest Guest

How much did this cost us? The site has been down for months as recently noticed by KOTW. KOTW had the link on the main page and recently put a note that it was offline. KOTW also has the link to the old website on the main page. Check that out http://216.118.64.17/index.htm so am I the taxpayer paying for both now. The new site looks great but how much is it costing us, the taxpayers, to build, host, and run per year? Then I'll tell you if its worth it.

Guest Spell Check

Whoever they paid to do the site needs to spell check it and how about putting the pdf files in the section on the recycling calendar etc. Another poor effort at a website. How much did this all cost? How about it can someone tell us that? Hey, let KOTW run the town website at least KOTW does not cost me a dime.

My rating: looks fancy but the content is poor as usual

Guest Guest 99
Whoever they paid to do the site needs to spell check it and how about putting the pdf files in the section on the recycling calendar etc.  Another poor effort at a website.  How much did this all cost?  How about it  can someone tell us that?  Hey, let KOTW run the town website at least KOTW does not cost me a dime.

My rating: looks fancy but the content is poor as usual

I too found a few spelling errors, but thought overall it was a vast improvement over the past site. What content would you like to see? There are some empty spots to be filled in and I'm sure they are open to suggestions.

I know who could give you the exact cost. Just attend the next council meeting on April 12 and ask him. You think KOTW would run the town site for free...come on KOTW, get up off the floor and respond. :P

I too found a few spelling errors, but thought overall it was a vast improvement over the past site.  What content would you like to see? There are some empty spots to be filled in and I'm sure they are open to suggestions.

I know who could give you the exact cost. Just attend the next council meeting on April 12 and ask him. You think KOTW would run the town site for free...come on KOTW, get up off the floor and respond. :P

Free! How about in exchange for a link to KOTW. It is nice to see the Official Kearny Website up and running. The site was down for a long period of time but nobody seemed to notice. I just recently changed the link on the Main Page to reflect that the site was offline. I now have to update the link again. The old website is still up as pointed out by the poster. It too is available at http://www.KearnyOnTheWeb.com 's main page. What remains offline is the KUEZ website. Nobody has noticed that either. How about it should http://www.KearnyOnTheWeb.com be a link from the Town's Official Website? What's your opinion.

Guest Guest
Not as long as you keep using the moderator feature to review every post before it appears.

Mayor Santos would never allow that link to happen. Santos has never responded to a post on KOTW because he is afraid of an open debate. This board should not however replace the right of residents to petition their government by attending council meetings where they can ask questions. I applaud KOTW for the public service she is doing. I too would like to have the posts reviewed quicker or not at all but obviously some individuals crossed the line and the rest of us are paying for it with longer waits between updates.

Guest Guest

I noticed that on the Town's website the calendar of events does not list the School Board Election. Isn't that worthy of being on the town's website?

I just went through the site...looks really great!

It was so nice to see pics of town again! It's been so long (7 years) since I've been back.;)

The Town hall park looks absolutely beautiful.

But from many of the pics, not many real big changes...still recognize everyplace, just as I remeber it.

Have there been any changes to West Hudson Park at all?

Guest Kelly Clarkson

Why does the new Kearny website have the option of viewing it in Spanish and Portuguese? Last time I checked we spoke English in America. This is why when you walk down Kearny Ave. you can’t understand a damn thing anyone is saying, or read some of the new store fronts!! ;)

Guest ComputerGuy

I love the article in the Kearny Journal on the town's website. The site is an improvement but it lacks content and to say that its better because anyone can update it with a username and password is so stupid that it makes me wonder how much the town paid for the site. Every website every created is updated by using a username and password. The Town should have let the students at KHS create the website and update it (under a webmaster's supervision). It would have been a great learning experience and gotten the kids involved in their town and cost us a lot less. Mayor, How much did the website cost to create? How much is the monthly maintenance and web hosting fee? What is the length of the contract with the new web developer?

Archived