Defeatocratic Debate

Guest BushBacker

Guest BushBacker

Wasn't the Defeatocratic debate a real snoozer !! The Iron Matron was the clear winner and I don't see anyone catching her. Soros and the ultra-left is not supporting her because of her stance on the war. It's going to be a nasty dog fight for the defeatocratic nomination.

The good news is, it all doesn't matter, Rudy is the next president.

Guest Guest
Wasn't the Defeatocratic debate a real snoozer !!  The Iron Matron was the clear winner and I don't see anyone catching her.  Soros and the ultra-left is not supporting her because of her stance on the war. It's going to be a nasty dog fight for the defeatocratic nomination.

So how do you reconcile Rudy's record on gun control, gay marriage, and abortion with your hatred of those things in Democrats?

Go Ron Paul!

Wasn't the Defeatocratic debate a real snoozer !!  The Iron Matron was the clear winner and I don't see anyone catching her.  Soros and the ultra-left is not supporting her because of her stance on the war. It's going to be a nasty dog fight for the defeatocratic nomination.

What, exactly makes Rudy qualified?

Guest Guest

Rudy getting the nomination would be the second most helpful thing to the democrats, the first would be wankers like you campaigning for him.

The really good news is the odds are overwhelming that whoever is elected will be a huge improvement over your favorite political hack.

Guest Guest

This attitude is disgusting. There is nothing patriotic about taunting your fellow citizens. What a dark world people like this must live in.

Predictably, these are the same people who imagine a god who metes out the severest punishment on most of humanity forever and ever and ever. It's up to the rest of us to be more reasonable. Pulling together a country of 300 million people, and then to some extent a world of seven billion people requires toughness, but also intelligence and compassion. This is not about choosing teams. We are all supposed to be on the same team. There is not a hint of that in BushBacker's writings.

This attitude is disgusting. There is nothing patriotic about taunting your fellow citizens. What a dark world people like this must live in.

Predictably, these are the same people who imagine a god who metes out the severest punishment on most of humanity forever and ever and ever. It's up to the rest of us to be more reasonable. Pulling together a country of 300 million people, and then to some extent a world of seven billion people requires toughness, but also intelligence and compassion. This is not about choosing teams. We are all supposed to be on the same team. There is not a hint of that in BushBacker's writings.

A while back, I was randomly going through the radio and I heard something I thought was very true, that this post reminded me of (bear with me, paraphrasing from memory):

'People ought to be Americans first, and Republicans and Democrats or whatever else second.'

Guest BushBacker

"We are all supposed to be on the same team " ??!! That's one of the most naive remarks I've read here in a while. Does George Soros know that ? How about Harry Reid or Murtha. Did you see John Edwards shaking hands and hugging Danny Glover on the campaign trail ? The same Danny Glover that got a bearhug from Hugo Chaves and who called the U.S. racist and criminal. Do they know we're supposed to be on the same team ?? Keep drinking that Kool-Aid.

Guest Guest

Don't you know that Democrats are the greatest danger to America? :)

Guest Guest

Couldn't agree more.

Guest Paul
A while back, I was randomly going through the radio and I heard something I thought was very true, that this post reminded me of (bear with me, paraphrasing from memory):

'People ought to be Americans first, and Republicans and Democrats or whatever else second.'

Moms and Dads ought to be well ahead of Republicans and Democrats.

Guest Paul
"We are all supposed to be on the same team " ??!!  That's one of the most naive remarks I've read here in a while.  Does George Soros know that ?  How about Harry Reid or Murtha.  Did you see John Edwards shaking hands and hugging Danny Glover on the campaign trail ?  The same Danny Glover that got a bearhug from Hugo Chaves and who called the U.S. racist and criminal. Do they know we're supposed to be on the same team ??  Keep drinking that Kool-Aid.

You can't hear what is being said because you're too wrapped up in your anger. Try to sit and think calmly about it. It's important. This much division in our country, fueled by Limbaugh and others, is not good.

Guest Patriot

I agree, someone should tell the defeatocrats.

Guest Guest
I agree, someone should tell the defeatocrats.

And somebody should tell nitwits like you and BushWanker that secret prison camps and torture aren't what America used to be about before the neo-Nazi-cons took over. How much longer 'til we find out they were gassing prisoners in those camps?

The terrorists aren't all overseas, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave would be a good place to look for one of their leaders.

Guest Guest
And somebody should tell nitwits like you and BushWanker that secret prison camps and torture aren't what America used to be about before the neo-Nazi-cons took over.  How much longer 'til we find out they were gassing prisoners in those camps?

The terrorists aren't all overseas, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave would be a good place to look for one of their leaders.

You have to wonder if it makes sense fighting for the "American Way" when we allow that way to deteriorate to the level of third world tyrants.

Guest Patriot
And somebody should tell nitwits like you and BushWanker that secret prison camps and torture aren't what America used to be about before the neo-Nazi-cons took over.  How much longer 'til we find out they were gassing prisoners in those camps?

OK, now I get it. While terrorists are using IED's and beheading innocent people, you think we should be treating them like Martha Stewart. Great idea.

In the 40's during WW2, cupcakes like you would have marched willingly into the gas chambers.

Guest Guest

I can no longer support president Bush. His insane pushing of this immigration bill I can't understand. They can't find twelve million people here illegally but they will process them in twenty four hours, HUH! While we have young men and women risking their lives in Iraq protecting their borders. Bush lied and is a sell out. This bill must not pass, call washington tell them you don't want this bill to pass.

Guest Guest
OK, now I get it.    While terrorists are using IED's and beheading innocent people, you think we should be treating them like Martha Stewart. Great idea.

It's a stupid idea, and you're the one who made it up. The capacity of the radical right to think of stupid ideas and then criticize other people for them is apparently unbounded.

Guest Guest
OK, now I get it.    While terrorists are using IED's and beheading innocent people, you think we should be treating them like Martha Stewart. Great idea.

In the 40's during WW2, cupcakes like you would have marched willingly into the gas chambers.

No, I expect us to honor agreements that we have signed and not sink to the level of pond scum, PATRAT, you stupid little twit.

I know you have very limited comprehension so let me put this in a way that even an idiout like you might possibly understand: YOU ARE AN A**HOLE!

Guest Guest

Anytime you're feeling froggy you little pissant, name a time & place and we'll see if you can jump, OK cupcake?

Guest a proud american
You can't hear what is being said because you're too wrapped up in your anger. Try to sit and think calmly about it. It's important. This much division in our country, fueled by Limbaugh and others, is not good.

What's really interesting is that, while they mention George Soros, they never seem to mention people like Richard Mellon Scaiff and Peter Coors, two of the founders of the Heritage Foundation.

If people like BushBacker and Patriot only knew how they were being used as "usefull idiots" of the Neo Conservative Movement, maybe things would be different.

But alas, as long as there are people who believe that only they have the right answers and anyone who disagrees with them are defeatists we will continue to be a divided country.

Guest 2smart4u
What's really interesting is that, while they mention George Soros, they never seem to mention people like Richard Mellon Scaiff and Peter Coors, two of the founders of the Heritage Foundation.

If people like BushBacker and Patriot only knew how they were being used as "usefull idiots" of the Neo Conservative Movement, maybe things would be different.

But alas, as long as there are people who believe that only they have the right answers and anyone who disagrees with them are defeatists we will continue to be a divided country.

Kool-Aid alert !

The Dems got labeled as "Defeatocrats" not because of bad tax policy, or because of a stupid attachment to the single-payer healthcare system, but because of a policy of premature withdrawal on Iraq, which would result in a key U.S. defeat in the Middle East region.

Elements of the party, such as Harry Reid, have helped make the nickname stick by absurdly claiming that Iraq is already lost.

This "anyone who disagrees with them" stuff is nonsense. I disagree with Senator Lieberman on many issues, but I don't call him a Defeatocrat because he advocates good policy on the war and recognizes that the main thing keeping the U.S. from victory (that is, seeing to it that the constitutional republic achieves stability) is political will (see lack thereof among most Democrats and some Republicans).

Guest a proud american
The Dems got labeled as "Defeatocrats" not because of bad tax policy, or because of a stupid attachment to the single-payer healthcare system, but because of a policy of premature withdrawal on Iraq, which would result in a key U.S. defeat in the Middle East region.

Elements of the party, such as Harry Reid, have helped make the nickname stick by absurdly claiming that Iraq is already lost.

This "anyone who disagrees with them" stuff is nonsense.  I disagree with Senator Lieberman on many issues, but I don't call him a Defeatocrat because he advocates good policy on the war and recognizes that the main thing keeping the U.S. from victory (that is, seeing to it that the constitutional republic achieves stability) is political will (see lack thereof among most Democrats and some Republicans).

Bryan, maybe a better way of looking at the situation in Iraq would be to use theory and reality.

In theory, the decision to invade Iraq or atleast we were told was that Sadaam had weapons of mass desttruction, was trying to purchase uranium and was preparing to build a nuclear bomb. The reality was that if we had listened to the inspectors, especially Scott Ritter and Hans Blix we would have known that there were no weapons of mass destruction and it was known before the invasion.

In theory, the world believed as we were told that all evidence pointed to him having these weapons. In reality, the intelligence was so faulty and out of date that it could not be deemed reliable.

In theory, General Shinsecki told the White House that we would need in excess of 500,000 troops to do the job correctly. In reality, he was shown the door to retirement and we went in with less than the amount necessary.

In theory, 04 brought us the Decider landing on a carrier addressing the sailors in front of the "mission accomplished" sign. In reality, the war was just beginning.

In theory, when retired general Jay Garner met with the Kurd, Sunni and Shiite leaders, they advised him to keep the Iraqi Army and Government intact. Root out the top teir generals and government officials and keep the rest since they would need to use them to rebuild Iraq. ALso, the cost to do this was estimated to be in the 1 billion dollar range. In reality, when Garner was releived and Bremmer took over, he disbanded both the Army and Government.

In theory the three tribes warned the general as to what would happen if they were not paid. In reality six months after Bremmer took over some of the former millitary demanded to be paid or else there would be hell to pay. There was and still is.

In theory once the iraqi government was in place, they would form their own constitution and we would then be able to train their soldiers. Standing down when they stood up. In reality as of today, even though our government claims that we haver trained over 300,000 iraqi soldiers, at any given time half don't show up for duty.

In theory, by putting 30,000 more troops in iraq would stabilize Baghdad and the surrounding areas, the reality is the surge has had little effect by even the militarys own admission.

In theory calling those who disagree defeatacrats and kool-aide drinkers, the relality is that it shows just how deluded people really are. Why, in the face of overwhelming evidence that 1. the iraqi government has no desire to change their status quo and 2. seem to be more resentful of us would we want to sacrifice one more soldier in a war we cannot win.

In theory, this is not what people who support the war want to hear. They want us to believe that we are somehow winning this battle. The reality is that the overwhelming majority or both democrats and republicans want us out and out now. However, rather than listen to the majority, this president is listening to the minority who share his views.

We are hearing that come september there is going to be a change in strategy in Washington, DC. That there are going to more republicans senators calling for us to withdraw. That means for the next three months we will continue to suffer casualties so that the politicians can game plan their next move. How sad is that and what does that say to the soldiers going and already there.

SO for those who want to call us defeatacrats and kool-aide drinkers thats fine. However using theory and reality sometimes gives you a different perspective. I don't ask you to agree just read and apply the two. Maybe it will change some minds but probably not.