Mayor Santos Already Putting Spin On Taxes.

Guest THE SILENT MAJORITY

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you didn't consider Frank E. Rodgers a powerful mayor? Oh, my! (Titter, titter!)

He was powerful! He left behind a distressed Town. That is his legacy.

Remember he ran the schools. Mayor Santos controls them by proxy!

We and all state taxpayers are paying to make up for Rodgers' mistakes.

Al Santos is sending Kearny down the same road.

VOTE REPUBLICAN FORRESTER FOR GOVERNOR AND WRITE IN MANGIN

So you didn't consider Frank E. Rodgers a powerful mayor? Oh, my! (Titter, titter!)

Yes, Mayor Rodgers was a powerful mayor in his day and at that time the clerk's job was mostly let's say, ceremonial requiring very little time. That has changed and the job is a real 9 to 4 job. I stand by my statement that in this day of politics, powerful mayors are too busy to take minutes and prepare agendas. The job should go to to Doreen Cali, she's qualified and her family has earned it.

You obviously are not a part of the inner circle. Not only are County officials tripping over themselves to make him happy, but the scuttlebutt is that he has been receiving phone calls from some very high level State folks, too! Who's been calling Jim Mangin?

The County officals are tripping over themselves, because the FBI has been recording conversations again.

It just is not fair why can't they leave these guys alone.

Good Democratic leaders? I have to agree with you A Realest they are the best.

VOTE FOR FORRESTER AND WRITE IN MANGIN

Remember when SANTOS had unflattering things to say about Senator Sacco and the county a few years ago.  What a change!!!        They are good guys now right Mayor because their doing for you now???????

He still hates SACCO and I'm sure SACCO loves him!

Hey Smart A**,

Rogers was never clerk to the freeholders. He was the County Clerk. Now admit you're wrong again.

Yeah he was clerk to the freeholders back i the day. Sometime after that he was senator and then became county clerk, you know Uncle Frank, he had all the jobs. LOL

Guest BERT DIAZ PUBLIC SCHOOL PRINCIPA
He still hates SACCO and I'm sure SACCO loves him!

You should have seen Santos last night at Senator/ Mayor Sacco's annual party. He looked so out of place and so OUT of his league. I was there last night, check out the conversation I had with Barbara Sherry Ciffelli and Carol Jean Doyle on the other site.

You obviously are not a part of the inner circle. Not only are County officials tripping over themselves to make him happy, but the scuttlebutt is that he has been receiving phone calls from some very high level State folks, too! Who's been calling Jim Mangin?

I don’t doubt that County officials are tripping over themselves to make Mayor Santos happy. Why? And I sure as hell know that no County official has been calling me? Why?

Same answer to both questions - money.

In April 2004 the County Democratic leadership promised me the County line. By the end of the month they had changed their mind and gave the line to Santos’ candidate.

Some people think it’s because of the $1,500 check Santos wrote to the Hudson County Dems on April 29, 2004.

Sorry. My integrity’s not for sale. I’d rather lose than sell out. Once you sell out your integrity it’s only a matter of time before you sell out your constituents. Like the Mayor and Mary Torres did with the Abbott Rim bill – now there’s a good lesson in Hudson County politics!

Jim Mangin

ps - It's good to be back.

In April 2004 the County Democratic leadership promised me the County line. By the end of the month they had changed their mind and gave the line to Santos candidate.

Some people think it’s because of the $1,500 check Santos wrote to the Hudson County Dems on April 29, 2004.

Sorry. My integrity’s not for sale. I’d rather lose than sell out.

Jim Mangin

Jimbo,

Tell the truth. Hudson County decided BEFORE April 29, 2004 to give the line to the Santos candidate; and not because Santos sent any check but because they knew she would win. Do you really believe that Hudson County would trade a "winning" candidate's slot for a mere $1500.00? And why couldn't you win off the line? Santos did.

Remember, the County gave you the line in your ill-fated 2002 full slate run against a Santos team that included two virtual unknowns---a team that was relegated to line E----and they still beat you and your heavily County backed, heavily County financed team. You'd rather lose than sell out? Please, I can only imagine the butt-kissing and pandering that went on during that campaign. The favors done for you in that fight didn't come without conditions. Hey, the County took its shot. You didn't produce, so you became "Jim Who?"

Face it. Santos and the council candidates he supports are winners. Not one loss yet and now they're going for four!

Welcome back.

Guest THE SILENT MAJORITY

Look at the record taxpayers, "FAILED POLICIES RESULTED IN HUUGE PROPERTY TAX INCREASES" It's time for Mayor Santos to take responsability for the huge property "TAX MESS" that he placed on the townspeople. "SHAKE IT UP PEOPLE" "VOTE WRITE IN " "MANGIN FOR MAYOR OF KEARNY"

Look at the record taxpayers, "FAILED POLICIES RESULTED IN HUUGE PROPERTY TAX INCREASES"      It's time for Mayor Santos to take responsability for the huge property "TAX MESS" that he placed on the townspeople.  "SHAKE IT UP PEOPLE"    "VOTE WRITE IN "  "MANGIN FOR MAYOR OF KEARNY"

SANTOS & CO.----THEY'RE SMART, THEY'RE HONEST, THEY'RE UNOPPOSED! FOUR MORE YEARS.

I don’t doubt that County officials are tripping over themselves to make Mayor Santos happy. Why? And I sure as hell know that no County official has been calling me? Why?

Same answer to both questions - money.

In April 2004 the County Democratic leadership promised me the County line. By the end of the month they had changed their mind and gave the line to Santos’ candidate.

Sorry. My integrity’s not for sale. I’d rather lose than sell out. Once you sell out your integrity it’s only a matter of time before you sell out your constituents. Like the Mayor and Mary Torres did with the Abbott Rim bill – now there’s a good lesson in Hudson County politics!

Jim Mangin

I hope you can prove the $1500 check. If you can't I wouldn't blame Santos for sueing. If it is true he should be impeached. I am so sick of Hudson County politics. Bring back the Kearny Republican Party.

Jimbo,

Tell the truth. Hudson County decided BEFORE April 29, 2004 to give the line to the Santos candidate; and not because Santos sent any check but because they knew she would win. Do you really believe that Hudson County would trade a "winning" candidate's slot for a mere $1500.00? And why couldn't you win off the line? Santos did.

Remember, the County gave you the line in your ill-fated 2002 full slate run against a Santos team that included two virtual unknowns---a team that was relegated to line E----and they still beat you and your heavily County backed, heavily County financed team. You'd rather lose than sell out? Please, I can only imagine the butt-kissing and pandering that went on during that campaign. The favors done for you in that fight didn't come without conditions. Hey, the County took its shot. You didn't produce, so you became "Jim Who?"

Face it. Santos and the council candidates he supports are winners. Not one loss yet and now they're going for four!

Welcome back.

maybe the $1500 was for the cushy county job!

Jimbo,

Welcome back.

You want the truth. You can't handle the truth.

So, you're saying that after telling me I had the County line, Bernie Kenney met with Al Santos and Al Santos wrote a check to the HCDO for $1,500 - and these two events are not related? Are you a newcomer to Hudson County politics?

And speaking of the truth, my so-called ". . . heavily County financed team" was anything but. We didn't receive one dollar from the Hudson County Dems. And we were out-spent by Mayor Santos $59,000 to $34,000. Our money came from fund raising. His money came from emptying his Santos for Senate Campaign Account.

Not even Leo Vartan spent that much money to get elected Mayor.

Jim Mangin

I hope you can prove the $1500 check. If you can't I wouldn't blame Santos for sueing. If it is true he should be impeached. I am so sick of Hudson County politics. Bring back the Kearny Republican Party.

Did you ever think that the check, if there was one, was the regular annual assessment that each Municipal Democratic Party chips in to the County Democratic Party? I would assume that each town has to pay its share of the joint signs and joint literature (that includes local, county and state candidates). Kearny Republicans would be doing exactly the same, if they were still active.

Did you ever think that the check, if there was one, was the regular annual assessment that each Municipal Democratic Party chips in to the County Democratic Party? I would assume that each town has to pay its share of the joint signs and joint literature (that includes local, county and state candidates). Kearny Republicans would be doing exactly the same, if they were still active.

yea right. and you're not Al Santos.

You want the truth. You can't handle the truth.

So, you're saying that after telling me I had the County line, Bernie Kenney met with Al Santos and Al Santos wrote a check to the HCDO for $1,500 - and these two events are not related? Are you a newcomer to Hudson County politics?

And speaking of the truth, my so-called ". . . heavily County financed team" was anything but. We didn't receive one dollar from the Hudson County Dems. And we were out-spent by Mayor Santos $59,000 to $34,000. Our money came from fund raising. His money came from emptying his Santos for Senate Campaign Account.

Not even Leo Vartan spent that much money to get elected Mayor.

Jim Mangin

Newcomer to Hudson politics? If you only knew!

I worked on the Santos campaign. I know how much money was spent and you are not telling the truth! As to the financing of your campaign: How much were the tickets to your "fundraiser/soiree" in **** ******** law office? How many blue collar Dems were able to attend? And how is ******* connected to Nick Sacco and the other Hudson County Dems? Just because the check wasn't directly from the HCDO coffers, doesn't mean they didn't finance you. (I was born at night, but not last night.) You couldn't raise $34,000.00 on your own if your life depended on it.

Don't you get it yet? The campaign wasn't about getting you elected, it was about preventing Santos from getting elected. But it didn't work, did it? By the end of the campaign, even your own running mates weren't happy with you.

You just can't stand the idea that Hudson County used you to take its shot and you lost; but, unlike you, they admitted it, made nice, and everyone else is moving on.

I knew you wouldn't mind, so I sent a copy of your response to Bernie Kenny. He is not happy. Wouldn't be surprised if you heard from him soon.

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

I love that Realist always has some calm and innocent reason why the Democrats are right and the Republicans are wrong. What a puppet.

Are you serious? Do you really expect anyone to believe your explanation. If his $1,500 check was a "regular annual assessment," then why didn't he pay it in 2000? or 2001? or 2002? or 2003? or 2005?

Doesn't seem very "annual" to me.

Just admit it. Your boy bought the line. Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

Jim Mangin