BBC World radio interview

Guest Paul

"A 17 year old boy from New Jersey in the United States has won a case against his school for allowing a teacher to tell students they'll go to Hell if they don't believe in Jesus, and that evolution is a myth."

Great reporting, BBC.

Did they get the erroneous information from Matthew or did they flub up on their own?

Guest 2smart4u
Matthew has an interview on BBC World radio. Those interested can find it at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programm..._religion.shtml

Those who are not are free to ignore it.

The BBC !!?? Now you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel. They're further left than the NY Slimes. How that saying go ?? ...... "Paul, Matt and The BBC, Perfect Together".

Matthew has an interview on BBC World radio. Those interested can find it at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programm..._religion.shtml

Those who are not are free to ignore it.

An optimized edit/re-encoding of the section of that program with only Matthew's interview (yes, I did it :lol:) can be found here, for those interested in hearing it but not having a connection suited well for streaming audio. The optimized filesize is just over 800KB, less than a meg.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JONB4WD8

P.S. I just kinda listened for where they started and stopping talking about it, so if I accidentally cut it too short on either end, anyone can PM me and let me know, and I'll fix it.

Guest Guest
"A 17 year old boy from New Jersey in the United States has won a case against his school for allowing a teacher to tell students they'll go to Hell if they don't believe in Jesus, and that evolution is a myth."

Great reporting, BBC.

Did they get the erroneous information from Matthew or did they flub up on their own?

Were you born an a**hole? or do you have to work at it?

The BBC  !!??  Now you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel.  They're further left than the NY Slimes.  How that saying go ?? ...... "Paul, Matt and The BBC, Perfect Together".

BBC left swing? You got to be kidding. What news outlet would make you happy? The Völkischer Beobachter?

Calling the BBC left wing is like calling Tony Blair's government a left wing cabal.

The BBC is a very reputable British government broadcaster controlled by the BBC trust and executive board. Governing members of the BBC are vetted by Tony Blair's British Government. They are a very reputable highly thought of broadcaster.

Again, 2smart, you have shown us really how smart you are. :lol:

Were you born an a**hole? or do you have to work at it?

You need it spelled out, eh?

1) No suit was filed; there was no case to win as such.

2) Paszkiewicz did not tell students that they would go to Hell if they did not believe in Jesus.

3) Paszkiewicz did not call evolution a myth.

That's three major errors in one sentence.

That's not very good reporting.

"Guest" must be accustomed to swallowing whatever he's fed by the mainstream media.

Guest 2smart4u
BBC left swing? You got to be kidding. What news outlet would make you happy? The Völkischer Beobachter?

Calling the BBC left wing is like calling Tony Blair's government a left wing cabal.

The BBC is a very reputable British government broadcaster controlled by the BBC trust and executive board. Governing members of the BBC are vetted by Tony Blair's British Government. They are a very reputable highly thought of broadcaster.

You're so misinformed, it's comical. The BBC is no more controlled by the British government than the NY Slimes is controlled by the U.S. government. And they are a far left organization that constantly criticizes Britian and the U.S. involvement in Iraq. But don't be upset, you've been wrong before. LOL.

Guest Autonomous

The European Right is usually to the left of the American Left, so to his view they probably are pretty far left. Europe is far more liberal than we are (and yet oddly enough their society hasn't collapsed :lol: ).

Guest Guest
You need it spelled out, eh?

1)  No suit was filed; there was no case to win as such.

2)  Paszkiewicz did not tell students that they would go to Hell if they did not believe in Jesus.

3)  Paszkiewicz did not call evolution a myth.

That's three major errors in one sentence.

That's not very good reporting.

"Guest" must be accustomed to swallowing whatever he's fed by the mainstream media.

Oh goodness no, he didn't say that. Those four-inch headlines were based on a distortion.

We've heard the recordings, you nitwit. The man was proselytizing in class. He even cited the biblical passage that directs Christians to spread the word to all men. He said these were Jesus' last words on earth, and he was obviously following them. The above is just the tip of the iceberg.

Oh goodness no, he didn't say that. Those four-inch headlines were based on a distortion.

We've heard the recordings, you nitwit.

And that's why you're replying to one out of three of the points I've made? :angry:

Seriously, that's great. It means that you will offer quotations and context in support of your claims.

Right?

The man was proselytizing in class.

I think you have to equivocate to make that claim. Would you like to try to support the specific claim that the teacher told the kids they would go to Hell if they did not believe in Jesus? That's how it was phrased, after all.

He even cited the biblical passage that directs Christians to spread the word to all men.

That's not included in the BBC story, from what I can tell. Did you want to change the subject?

He said these were Jesus' last words on earth, and he was obviously following them. The above is just the tip of the iceberg.

The tip of the iceberg of your attempt to change the subject, you mean?

Let's say that Paszkiewicz referenced Jesus' last words. How does that improve the BBC reporting that I criticized?

• 3 weeks later...