Hard Working Firefighters

Guest Guest

When are there going to be some promtions and pay raises at the Fire Department? There have not been some in quite some time. The Police seem to get whatever they want while those who risk their lives in burning buildings get very little pay or recognition. The time to promote some firefighters is now.

buddy lay off the crack pipe . you know the one the hfd gave out last night and had attrino wipe their asses write a cute lil bio on.

your comments are an example, why you shouldn't do drugs unless you carry a hose and sleep 12 hour shifts :huh::(:D:D

Please Mayor, appoint Ray Lucas to the HFD as an honorary Firefighter at $100,000 a year so that we can have expert commentary on the games as we sit on our fat asses doing nothing on Sundays. We are so damn bored that its not even funny. We already watched all of the repeats of "Rescue Me" and still do not know what a real fire is like!

Please make Ray Lucas a Fireman. if you do, we will put a huge "Pete Higgins for Council" sign on the Firehouse. We love you Mayor. Where else could we make $100,000 a year for doing nothing?

Please Mayor, appoint Ray Lucas to the HFD as an honorary Firefighter at $100,000 a year so that we can have expert commentary on the games as we sit on our fat asses doing nothing on Sundays. We are so damn bored that its not even funny. We already watched all of the repeats of "Rescue Me" and still do not know what a real fire is like!

are you for real? complaining over the fact that the town has no fires. I would

think that is a good thing. Tell me where you live and I will drop a book of matches

off for you. I don't care if the firemen never see a fire, I am just glad they are

there in case.

The town also does not have full time scuba diving teams or tiger handlers becuase there is no need for them. Just like the full time fireman. There is no need for them. I am thankful I don't live there becuase its simple minded sheep like yourself actual believing the propaganda that the Fire Dept. is needed, but rather it is just a hang-out for, once again, more nepotism which = higher taxes.

Whoever is complaining that they live in a town that has very few fires and wants them, please move to burnt out areas. You would love Camden. That would be your paradise. If that is too far for you, then some areas in Newark or Irvington will suit you fine. Don't forget to bring your marshmallows.

Where else could we make $100,000 a year for doing nothing?

Kearny!!!! :P:P:P:P

Kearny is a Paid Fire Department, not volunteer, why a volunteer Fire Department in Harrison? Should Kearny be volunteer also, what about other towns with paid Fire Departments, change them all to volunteer. <_<

The town also does not have full time scuba diving teams or tiger handlers becuase there is no need for them. Just like the full time fireman. There is no need for them. I am thankful I don't live there becuase its simple minded sheep like yourself actual believing the propaganda that the Fire Dept. is needed, but rather it is just a hang-out for, once again, more nepotism which = higher taxes.

For someone who states they are thankful they do not live here, why do you even comment on what is going on in town. Please spew your bullshit elsewhere.

there isn't shooting,rapes,robberies that often in harrison..should get rid of the police have the state patrol... Go respond to a barking dog complaint , you over taxed , over burdened cop...

A situation in a neighboring town the other day makes me feel safe that we do have paid fireman on the job 24/7. A fire broke out in the school cafateria packed with children. The respone time of the volunteer fireman was at least 7 to 10 minutes. We all know how fast a fire can spread. The town is also not as crowded as we are here. Just imagine that happening here. The voluteers trying to get to the firestation through the traffic that goes through this town on a daily basis, and then to the fire. It could be a real disater. I do not think we want our children or any other person in this town to be a such risk.

there isn't shooting,rapes,robberies that often in harrison..should get rid of the police have the state patrol... Go respond to a barking dog complaint , you over taxed , over burdened cop...

And who makes the complaints??? The taxpayers of Harrison!!!!! I know that in big cities like Newark and Jersey City the police do not even answer those types of calls. I think the taxpayers of this town are lucky because like the previous post said crimes like murders,rapes, robberies are few and far. Hats off to the Police dept for there proactive officers and for keeping the town safe.

Guest William St Resident
A situation in a neighboring town the other day makes me feel safe that we do have paid fireman on the job 24/7. A fire broke out in the school cafateria packed with children. The respone time of the volunteer fireman was at least 7 to 10 minutes. We all know how fast a fire can spread. The town is also not as crowded as we are here. Just imagine that happening here. The voluteers trying to get to the firestation through the traffic that goes through this town on a daily basis, and then to the fire. It could be a real disater. I do not think we want our children or any other person in this town to be a such risk.

How about the Harrison Fire Department allowing double-wide trailers to be placed in front of Lincoln School. If there is a cafeteria fire will the paid firefighters be able to get their ladder truck into position to put out a fire in 7 to 10 minutes. What if children are trapped on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the school. Will the ladder truck be over extended and unable to reach the windows to rescue them. According to the Board of Ed, they were authorized by the Chief to place the trailers there. The chief is putting the lives of the children and his fire fighters at risk by turning a blind eye to the trailers parked in the fire zone.

A situation in a neighboring town the other day makes me feel safe that we do have paid fireman on the job 24/7.  A fire broke out in the school cafateria packed with children.  The respone time of the volunteer fireman was at least 7 to 10 minutes.  We all know how fast a fire can spread.  The town is also not as crowded as we are here.  Just imagine that happening here.  The voluteers trying to get to the firestation through the traffic that goes through this town on a daily basis, and then to the fire.  It could be a real disater.  I do not think we want our children or any other person in this town to be a such risk.

How about the Harrison Fire Department allowing double-wide trailers to be placed in front of Lincoln School. If there is a cafeteria fire will the paid firefighters be able to get their ladder truck into position to put out a fire in 7 to 10 minutes. What if children are trapped on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the school. Will the ladder truck be over extended and unable to reach the windows to rescue them. According to the Board of Ed, they were authorized by the Chief to place the trailers there. The chief is putting the lives of the children and his fire fighters at risk by turning a blind eye to the trailers parked in the fire zone.

Get a life and give up about the trailers. All you keep bitching about is that they are in a fire zone, well guess what when they are finally removed the town should enforce no parking in the FIRE ZONE and then you will have something else to B**ch about.

Guest William St Resident
A situation in a neighboring town the other day makes me feel safe that we do have paid fireman on the job 24/7.  A fire broke out in the school cafateria packed with children.  The respone time of the volunteer fireman was at least 7 to 10 minutes.  We all know how fast a fire can spread.  The town is also not as crowded as we are here.  Just imagine that happening here.  The voluteers trying to get to the firestation through the traffic that goes through this town on a daily basis, and then to the fire.  It could be a real disater.  I do not think we want our children or any other person in this town to be a such risk.

Get a life and give up about the trailers. All you keep bitching about is that they are in a fire zone, well guess what when they are finally removed the town should enforce no parking in the FIRE ZONE and then you will have something else to B**ch about.

The Fire Zone is only enforced during school hours. There is no need for a fire zone at night there are no children in the building at that time. What the Harrison Police should do is give the Board of Education two tickets for parking in a fire zone and then call West Hudson Towing to remove the two trailers from the fire zone. They would be doing the residents a big favor. The trailers were suppose to be out by now but there is a delay until December. Let's see if the December deadline gets moved to forever!

Guest cowardcops

I find it funny how the "so called cops"of this town know so much about drug use by firemen? apparently you're sitting right next too him as he uses it? humm? I guess that would make you a user too! Stop be little girls and cowards hiding on this site. Do your jobs for once, instead of beating up council persons.

beating up which council member? all need a few beatings besides some actually enjoy their seats beaten. :P

some are just in the closet about that sort of fetish.

We agreed to random drug testing willingly and without hesitation. They could test us daily if they want to. It is my understanding that the Fireman wanted an additional $5,000.00 per man per year for the stress realted to drug testing. Whether that is true or not, your over-ambitious and steadfast refusal to be tested is a clear indication that you are hiding and protecting drug use and users. Its not like you will lose anything when caught, you still get a 40% disabilty and medical benefits for life and contine your slimy coke snorting lifestyle. Thats the disgrace. What example does that show the children that people who are supposed to be a step-up in life getting rewarded for being junkies. It is digracefull. I hope AB the ex-cop is suing for his 40%, because we are all one big lovable community. The "BRAVEST" are deathly afraid of peeing into a cup! How humiliating!! They should use hair samples anyway, they are more acturate and cover a longer period of time. The reason that the "dullest" (bravest) are not tested is their threats to sue the town if tested and that these brave men are afraid to pee into a cup. You embarass yourself and the HFD by commenting about it so just please shut-up and go back to hitting the pipe. NEPOTISM again shows its ugly face.

• 4 weeks later...

how about the cops with there tactical operation getting extra pay for certain people half the cops cant climb over a fence but i must say they are awfully cute in there black kakies and black booties sort of look like GI joes

how about the cops with there tactical operation getting extra pay for certain people half the cops cant climb over a fence but i must say they are awfully cute in there black kakies and black booties sort of look like GI joes

Its "Their" not "There". HHS's best ,hard at work. Another thing do some research before you post, those cops volunteer their own time to train at no cost to the taxpayers and their equipment came from grants still at no cost to the taxpayers. Does HFD or any other town department have a volunteer anything? Please tell me.

don't go down that road pal.........you people look like you just got rammed by the number forty bus and then the other half are as big as the forty bus! speaking of which, your built like a bus and yet physically the only excerise you do is eat sleep and hit the crack. don't go there when was the last time you people ran to a fire, without call kearny east newark and jersey city for assistance? pal, talking about looks and the shape of you people........well we may be gi joe but we aren't the barneys and big birds you people watch and act like,,,,catch you later on channel 13 there purple shit :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived