Fire Chief, Mayor, Administrator

Guest What a Joke

Guest What a Joke

Its about time the public should be informed of the condition of the fire department! Why has the chief not hired men in over 4 years and at the same time not help to settle the officers contract and the firemens too for that matter. He also showed no resistence in the removal of the street boxes! Not to mention cutting calls back in other ways. How can a Town like Kearny have their call volume drop so dramastically? The chief shows no concern for the future of the department, it is all what he can do now to make him look pretty. Im sure the residents see those rusty 1980 fire engines driving around town. I just hope they can do the job when needed. Its a real shame!!!

The call volume dropped so drastically because every time they leave the firehouse to go get ice cream or to go grocery shopping it is put in the system as a fire call, amongst other un-fire related services. If it were just for fires or something else thats quasi-justified, the calls would be about 5 per month. Now do really think more firemen are needed. I know your welfare check ran out already and your son probably works at the Fire Dept., but your comments are pathetic. Give up already.

What a Joke Posted on Oct 6 2004, 05:28 PM

Its about time the public should be informed of the condition of the fire department! Why has the chief not hired men in over 4 years and at the same time not help to settle the officers contract and the firemens too for that matter. He also showed no resistence in the removal of the street boxes! Not to mention cutting calls back in other ways. How can a Town like Kearny have their call volume drop so dramastically? The chief shows no concern for the future of the department, it is all what he can do now to make him look pretty. Im sure the residents see those rusty 1980 fire engines driving around town. I just hope they can do the job when needed. Its a real shame!!!

Guest KFD member

I would love to know, how an invaluable asset to the town's economy such as yourself, (made obvious by your mention of welfare checks), comes to know the protocol and policies of the KFD.

Kreskin, you truly are AMAZING.

Don't just make statements, prove them, if you can. You can not! You say that "legitimate" calls equals five; please feel free to provide the proof of your assertion. We will always be there when we are needed, even for people like yourself who have nothing better to do than gripe.

If you don't feel that we work hard enough, and I would discourage you from doing this, but you could set YOUR house on fire. Of course, this is a tragedy I would prefer that ALL town residents would be spared from, even you.

The call volume dropped so drastically because every time they leave the firehouse to go get ice cream or to go grocery shopping it is put in the system as a fire call, amongst other un-fire related services. If it were just for fires or something else thats quasi-justified, the calls would be about 5 per month. Now do really think more firemen are needed. I know your welfare check ran out already and your son probably works at the Fire Dept., but your comments are pathetic. Give up already.

You people are annoying...when anyone makes a statement you reply with wacky statements . If you dont agree thats one thing but to make statements that are downright childish is bizarre....

Archived